Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

10 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Hollywood script writer wouldn't be able to write our decade if we end up going down..

Deeney Day

Piss the League with one of the best teams in Championship history

Great escape after being doomed, manager sacked after Thai sex scandal

5000/1 win the Premier League

Champions League quarter final

Beloved owner dies in a helicopter crash

2 5th Place finishes when we have bottled Champions League

Clubs 1st FA Cup win in its history

European semi final

Relegation and potential financial ruin

Even just 2 or 3 of the above things happening in the space of 10 years would be unthinkable, let alone all of them.

It’s been a pretty interesting 21st Century full stop 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Hollywood script writer wouldn't be able to write our decade if we end up going down..

Deeney Day

Piss the League with one of the best teams in Championship history

Great escape after being doomed, manager sacked after Thai sex scandal

5000/1 win the Premier League

Champions League quarter final

Beloved owner dies in a helicopter crash

2 5th Place finishes when we have bottled Champions League

Clubs 1st FA Cup win in its history

European semi final

Relegation and potential financial ruin

Even just 2 or 3 of the above things happening in the space of 10 years would be unthinkable, let alone all of them.

No wonder that Vardy movie ain't happened lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When the Poison Goblin was in charge I really wasn't too bothered if we went down. Now he's gone and taken his snide digs and fake, groundless 'positivity' with him, I'm desperate for us to survive - praying that the players will come up with the goods and show their true quality.

....just worried that it's a few days too late, and things have gone that little bit too far...

Villa (H)

Bournemouth (H)

Man City (A)

Wolves (H)

Leeds (A)

Everton (H)

Fulham (A)

Liverpool (H)

Newcastle (A)

West Ham (H)

Probably need 3 or 4 wins from that to be safe. Suspect we will go into 3 or 4 of those as favourites too. It's really not a bad set of fixtures for a new manager to come in and get. Slight downside is that there isn't really a team with nothing to play for in there.

• Like 3

This is the thing, 10 games left but 5 of them are what really matter. 

5 of those 10 team are within 3 points of us. We beat those 5 teams, we stay up because them dropping points is just as big as us getting them. 

Wolves, West Ham, Leeds, Bournemouth and Everton are the games that really matter. 

• Like 2

Sick of the possibility of relegation being dismissed by the media due the "the squad being too good to go down" and hope the players don't believe this. I'd like them to name 6 of our players, in their current state, that can truly claim to be Premier League quality.

Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Iheanacho(?) Ndidi (pre-Rodgers) and maybe Castagne before this season's mess.

I don't see anybody beyond that, who can claim they're anymore than middle of the road players, certainly none of them are any better than the fodder at the other clubs facing the drop.

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Villa (H)

Bournemouth (H)

Man City (A)

Wolves (H)

Leeds (A)

Everton (H)

Fulham (A)

Liverpool (H)

Newcastle (A)

West Ham (H)

Probably need 3 or 4 wins from that to be safe. Suspect we will go into 3 or 4 of those as favourites too. It's really not a bad set of fixtures for a new manager to come in and get. Slight downside is that there isn't really a team with nothing to play for in there.

We need to win the next two games at home otherwise we're looking at a scenario of needing 4 wins from the remaining 7 which include Newcastle and Liverpool.  Tricky.  We won't get anything at Man City.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We need to win the next two games at home otherwise we're looking at a scenario of needing 4 wins from the remaining 7 which include Newcastle and Liverpool.  Tricky.  We won't get anything at Man City.

7 points from the next 3 home games will leave us needing 7 points from the remaining 7. Tall order but we have favourable home fixtures where we can pick those up. Less than 6 points from the next 4 games and we're in deep, deep trouble.

4 hours ago, Scotch said:

This is the thing, 10 games left but 5 of them are what really matter. 

5 of those 10 team are within 3 points of us. We beat those 5 teams, we stay up because them dropping points is just as big as us getting them. 

Wolves, West Ham, Leeds, Bournemouth and Everton are the games that really matter. 

Five wins against any of the clubs we've still got to play would take us to 40 points, which would almost certainly be enough. Writing off certain fixtures before they've even been played is a dangerous strategy.

Just now, String fellow said:

Five wins against any of the clubs we've still got to play would take us to 40 points, which would almost certainly be enough. Writing off certain fixtures before they've even been played is a dangerous strategy.

Ofcourse you're right. I wouldn't sniff at any win these days but gaining 3 points whilst denying a closest rival 3 points is far more valuable. No point of beating the likes of Man City if all the teams around us win too.... but beating West Ham and leap frogging them....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Villa (H)

Bournemouth (H)

Man City (A)

Wolves (H)

Leeds (A)

Everton (H)

Fulham (A)

Liverpool (H)

Newcastle (A)

West Ham (H)

I was very worried about this previously, but looking at the table the only team with nothing to play for atm is probably Palace. Everyone else can either still be relegated or has an outside shot of Europe. 

I think 2 of the relegation spots will be decided on the final day which will be horrendous. 

• Like 1

I do wonder if there's a danger that it's easier for the ambitious players to move on if we go down, and they will be less likely to receive criticism from the fans; Maddison; Barnes etc. and also if it's easier for the elder statesmen to play in the Championship; Evans; Vardy etc.

Who's got a vested interest in us staying up?

With this in mind it will be interesting to see if anyone can get a tune out of this team, or are we spent?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LVFox said:

I acknowledge the obvious financial implications,  but honestly think the club needs a top to bottom reset (looking at you Mr Rudkin), and relegation might be the forest fire needed to force that.

Agree...Hate to see us  relegated but whatever happens there needs to be a big clearout ...Ward,Evans,Vardy,Vesty, Bertrand,Ndidi,Soumare,Soyuncu,Amartey,Thomas,Albrighton,Hamza,...

either too old, not motivated ( £10 million inthe bank) or not good enough.. its almost like we are keeping some players on for sentimental reasons

On 02/04/2023 at 11:12, purpleronnie said:

Maybe its my age but i don't fear relegation.  I never dreamt we could win the Premier League, never thought we'd ever win the F.A cup.

If someone had offered that to me 10 years ago followed by relegation i'd've snapped their hands off.

I know we all want Leicester to be battling for Europen every season but its just highly unlikely we'll ever be that club.  Years of mid to lower league finishes doesnt excite me.  There's part of me that would prefer battling for play offs/promotion in the championship.  I understand thats not a given and we could find ourselves in midtable obsecurity in the Championship.

And maybe if we were in the Championship the club will become a little more open to the fans and stop trying destroy any remainder of football culture we have left.

If it was like the old days where we spent within our means meaning relegation wasnt opening a big financial can of worms then maybe.

My issues are financially we could be in utter chaos, and second the manner of the relegation, no fight, no change of manager until the home run.

Its also not quite the same as the yo-yo years, we were starting to be respected as a established top half team, relegation will reset that.

However I do agree, I would take relegation after 7 or so years with a title and two trophies rather than say saints a longer run in the EPL but nothing to show for it.  I wouldnt take another admin though, that is a genuine fear I have with our current finances.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I have been confident until now that we will stay up. Today is the first time I genuinely think we are going down. Lose Saturday and I don't see a way out

Pretty much how I saw it. 

I’m now concerned we’ll finish bottom. 

Edited by Sly