Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

3 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I think if we stayed up the amount of outgoing and needed incomings would be exactly what we need and we’d be fine

You trust our lot on a rebuild, I'd trust Persimmon more than King Power. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

The only slight positive is its very much in our hands with home games against Bournemouth, Everton, West Ham and Wolves but **** me do we need some serious luck and a massive change in approach 

Games like that are good when there’s a bit of upward trajectory.Not so good when confidence is low.Could come down to which teams get to play the most already on the beacher’s.

7 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

7/4 to get relegated on Betfair Exchange 

As it appears to some that is a fore gone conclusion surely that is a gift ?

9/2 to finish bottom 

The 14/1 around Christmas time was the gift. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

You trust our lot on a rebuild, I'd trust Persimmon more than King Power. 

I don’t feel like you have to have that much quality to be mid table, new manager and way of playing get rid of dead wood being some fresh players in think of we stay up we’ll be about 10th next season

If we win against Bournemouth, it could take us to 15th as I can't see forest, Everton or wolves winning their games.

That's a big IF though....

It just reinforces how big the match on Saturday is - could define our season....

• Like 1

Now four points out of a possible 45 in games decided by one goal or less. D4 L11.

Four straight defeats at home when most relegation rivals, including Forest, continue to pick up points in their home games.

Now 51 goals conceded (third worst) and 18 defeats in 29 games (joint worst). Not kept a clean sheet in the league since November.

Someone give me a stat that at least provides some hope because I’m trying to find one and failing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kierzz said:

If we win against Bournemouth, it could take us to 15th as I can't see forest, Everton or wolves winning their games.

That's a big IF though....

It just reinforces how big the match on Saturday is - could define our season....

Palace and villa were must wins, yet we keep on losing practically every game, worst form team in the league, fully expect another loss on Saturday- Bournemouth are a better coached side than us 

• Sad 1

Bournemouth and Wolves at home. Leeds and Everton still to come. There should be at least two wins and draw there. I see Forest and Bouremouth as our rivals. I think if we get that we stay up by the skin of our teeth. IF we get the wins starting Saturday.

"Caretaker manager Adam Sadler says he and Mike Stowell have not been given a confirmed remit for the Bournemouth game, but they are preparing as if they have." 

Expected the club to have some plan but seems like it's a shit show.

Rodgers even texting the players before the game today "Rodgers said his goodbyes to the players and staff, and then sent them a text today to wish them luck for the Villa game."

What are we doing that our fired manager is still in contact with the team. We're not ready for this battle the final 9 games. 

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Bournemouth and Wolves at home. Leeds and Everton still to come. There should be at least two wins and draw there. I see Forest and Bouremouth as our rivals. I think if we get that we stay up by the skin of our teeth. IF we get the wins starting Saturday.

Unfortunately I can only see 1 win max from them games, we’re about gone pal, tbf championship is right level for our squad 

6 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Now four points out of a possible 45 in games decided by one goal or less. D4 L11.

Four straight defeats at home when most relegation rivals, including Forest, continue to pick up points in their home games.

Now 51 goals conceded (third worst) and 18 defeats in 29 games (joint worst). Not kept a clean sheet in the league since November.

Someone give me a stat that at least provides some hope because I’m trying to find one and failing.

We have more points than at this stage during our great escape season...

Clutching at straws with this one but since you asked:ph34r:

• Thanks 1

We ei go down trying to literally defend every game. We’ve now got a guy in charge who was a goalie, anyone who’s ever played football knows what goalies are like, they want the whole team to protect them, to stay back. This is how every game will pan out. I’d prefer to play 3 strikers and 5 midfielders and go out with a bang instead of the depressive run in that I’m imagining is going to happen. And we’ll all sot there and wonder how it happened.

I'll be honest. Not negative. I'd forgotten how utterly awful relegation is. 

I forgot it's not about being whipped every week. It's about being unable to win. Games like Fulham, Liverpool, Southampton, chelsea, Tonight, Palace, Chelsea....just dismal close run games which a relegation team contrives to lose. 

Teams don't have to play well against us. They just have to turn up. We'll do the winning for them. Even if we are the better side, the opponent will somehow cruise to three points. 

• Like 1

I was quite young the last time we were relegated from the Prem. Definitely feel the anguish now 

It's the only time since we've come up that I feel resigned. Always felt previously we ultimately had the players to get through it but even that doesn't seem the case anymore

Edited by TK95