Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

46 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

If we win against Bournemouth, it could take us to 15th as I can't see forest, Everton or wolves winning their games.

That's a big IF though....

It just reinforces how big the match on Saturday is - could define our season....

Has to be Bournemouth,our biggest bogey team in history.Couldn’t even beat them in the title season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Still think we’ve got enough in us to stay up. There are too many teams involved to say anything is done and dusted yet.

Agreed but it does feel like nothing is going for us at the minute: own goals, red cards, last minute screamers, whilst rivals are picking up points.

We are definitely good enough to stay up but the mentality and tactics are negative. Big win against Bournemouth and we will kick on - lose and it’s probably curtains. 

Edited by W7Fox

My hope pre game is we would get a bounce from finally getting rid of rodgers much like what happened after sacking Ranieri. Instead we get a minor improvement on recent games but yet another defeat. Left the ground convinced we were done for and am actually amazed looking at the league to see we still have half a chance with it being so tight. The regular ineptness, ingrained bottling and the complete lack now of any room for error thanks to keeping BR 6 months too long will probably do for us though. We HAVE to beat Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, foxinsox said:

The only thing that cheers me up is talking to a mate who is an Everton fan. He is sure they are going down.

No way.  Dyche is no Pep but his whole M.O. is geared to deal with situations like this.  He may as well put "just good enough" on his business card.

• Haha 2

First time posting in this thread. Tonight’s result really feels lit that’s it. We’re down. The board need to bring in a ****ing miracle worker for the next 9 games. I think 3 wins could do it but I genuinely don’t know where the next POINT will come from. Tonight has left me  thoroughly depressed. We are ****ing ****ed.

Those that were saying we will not know our fate until the last game of the season well their premonition is certainly coming true. Half of us will have kicked the bucket by then from the sheer stress of it all! God help us cuz no one else will.

I think it pretty much comes down to ourselves, Bournemouth, Soton (who’re screwed IMHO), and Forest.  CP and Leeds are to me clearly a little better than the other sides in the scrap, and the table is starting to reflect that.  Everton under Dyche is built to just scrape by.  West Ham has two matches at hand and a decent run-in.  Wolves probably the most likely outsider to back into the worst of it.

Edited by Deeg67

On paper Forest, Everton and Wolves should all come away with nothing at the weekend. So if we manage to beat Bournemouth we'll shoot up to the heady heights of 14th or 15th. Lose and we're screwed. We've got 5 games against fellow relegation candidates, and I think we'll need to win the lot.

Sure other have posted this, but but if research in most of the last 8/9 season 36 points has been enough for survival.

One it was 38 needed one was as low as 30. 

we somehow have to find 3 or 4 wins and some draws when we have only won 7 all season.

it sounds stupid to say as obviously we haven’t won enough. But  one of the pundits on the Monday night club said we don’t draw enough. So many games where we should at least had a point, last night being one of them.

• Like 1

Too late. Most of us called for the change that was clearly needed, it was evident it was him that was causing the decline and the misguided belief from the board to stick with him has only further impacted any chances we had. The ineptitude is breathtaking. 

Like some have said a miracle worker is needed but with the limited time I can’t see it. It’s hard to see where our next points come from tbh. 

Bournemouth (H)

Wolves (H)

Leeds (A)

Everton (H)

I think we need to win 3 of those games if we want to stay up. 7 points would still give us a chance but it would make for a tricky May needing away wins at either Fulham or Newcastle and home wins against Liverpool or West Ham.

Bournemouth 

Leeds

Forest 

Everton 

All have pretty tricky fixtures. Plus we all play one another bar Forest who we don’t face. 

Leeds, Forest and Bournemouth all have to play more of the box six than we do, but our last two games are tough. 

I’d be more concerned if we were Forest or Bournemouth as both of those two sides have the harder of the run ins. 

We’ve still got a great chance, however, we HAVE to get 6 points in our next two games I think. 

It’s going down to the wire that’s for sure, I think you can rule Everton out, they’ve got the fight to get out, and West Ham and Wolves have just enough quality to get out of it. We just need to get our act together, find a bit of form for the last stretch and by the skin of our teeth, we could do it.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Bournemouth 

Leeds

Forest 

Everton 

All have pretty tricky fixtures. Plus we all play one another bar Forest who we don’t face. 

Leeds, Forest and Bournemouth all have to play more of the box six than we do, but our last two games are tough. 

I’d be more concerned if we were Forest or Bournemouth as both of those two sides have the harder of the run ins. 

We’ve still got a great chance, however, we HAVE to get 6 points in our next two games I think. 

It’s going down to the wire that’s for sure, I think you can rule Everton out, they’ve got the fight to get out, and West Ham and Wolves have just enough quality to get out of it. We just need to get our act together, find a bit of form for the last stretch and by the skin of our teeth, we could do it.

We won't get 6 points in two games.

We have man city after Bournemouth.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Bournemouth 

Leeds

Forest 

Everton 

6 points in our next 2 games? Yeah I can really see us beating Man City away lol