Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

8 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

81. 86. 95. 02. 04. 07. 23. 

Used to be an occupational hazard following city and being relegated. 16 years since the last one. Jeez. And wow, this is gonna sting. I don't recall the others being this rough. Most were inevitable. 

07/08 wasn’t inevitable tbf. I remember games vs Coventry/Bristol City in Feb time where we played well and even talked about an outside playoff push. I think we were barely in the relegation zone most of the season.

We collapsed at the end though. It only felt like it was inevitable in the 2nd or 3rd last game vs Sheffield Wednesday, who were in the scrap with us, in which we missed a penalty and then they went straight up the other end and scored.

And getting relegated to League One definitely felt worse than this one, at least to me.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things really haven’t gone to plan. Rodgers was brought in with the specific remit to challenge for the top 6 on a regular basis.

Instead we’re getting relegated and the squad is full of dross, and we have 8 players leaving on a free this summer.

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Things really haven’t gone to plan. Rodgers was brought in with the specific remit to challenge for the top 6 on a regular basis.

Instead we’re getting relegated and the squad is full of dross, and we have 8 players leaving on a free this summer.

Massive rebuild in Summer. Madders we know is gone but we may find even likes of Ricky P moves on.

Big changes in first XI guaranteed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

Even if we signed Giardiola with Zidane as his assistant, I don't think we'd stay up.

Not sure that's wise either. There would be so much in-fighting between them, they wouldn't watch the game :P

Edited by TK95

Yesterday was the wrong team, the wrong formation and it still gave Villa some trouble 1st half, we clearly need a manager badly because last night another wasted opportunity.  We either need to play 3 at the back with cags, faes and souts and bully teams, or play 4-4-2 with daka/nacho Barnes/Ricardo, and get instructions to knock balls over the top to chase. That's how we win games, not tip tappy triangles, we aren't good enough for that

• Thanks 2

For me, it has smelt of relegation all season, but then again I have been wrong in the past.  I have gone past the stage of caring(I still do of course), which is normal for us fans, it helps protect against further pain, and it is a way of coping.

A win against Bournemouth on Saturday and maybe the glass will half-fill up again, but being a Leicester fan the glass doesn't seem to be half-empty, it is nearly always completely empty, the "joie de vivre" of a football fan.   

45 minutes ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

The only bright spark is IF Forest come down with us, somehow Sheff Utd don't get promotion, Derby and Sheff Wed get promoted with Cov, Brum and WBA in the championship there will be some cracking away days

There is no bright spark in getting relegated from the Premier league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

There is no bright spark in getting relegated from the Premier league.

If we were to spend the next 2 or 3 years circling the drain, I'd rather go now.

What a shocking league this has been this season. Last time the league was this bad on the whole, we won the thing.

None of the bottom 8 deserve to stay up, woeful standard from the Best League in the World™

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Predictive models make out chances of relegation 31%, up from 13% before last night… 

AF87B42C-FB90-41C0-9E89-EF35C2FAD2BA.jpeg

It was 20% after Saturday. 13% before Saturday 

I look it after every game in hope 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Thanks 1

You'd imagine a lot of this probability stuff is based on who has 'easier' fixtures.

Problem with us is we'll often get a point or three out of a random game against Liverpool or Man City and then lose three on the bounce against Bournemouth, Wolves and West Ham.

I'm terrified to be quite honest, we have a lot of head to heads with fellow relegation fighters and we don't have the bottle for that at the minute.

Honestly think i'd be more comfortable with us playing three in a row of Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City right now as two of those teams are bang out of form and you know it'll be an open game!

• Like 1

We’re in an absolutely rotten spot, but there are still 27 points to play for, nearly a quarter of the season left.

If we get anything from Man City it’s a huge bonus, and you could maybe lump Newcastle in with them this season, but that leaves 7 games and 21 points up for grabs from games including Bournemouth, Wolves, Leeds, Everton and West Ham - all six pointers. We’ve escaped from worse spots before.

Last night highlighted the importance of getting someone with a clear strategy in, and quick.

It’s a big ask to turn around our tank confidence and form, but there’s no need to write off all hope just yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

We’re in an absolutely rotten spot, but there are still 27 points to play for, nearly a quarter of the season left.

If we get anything from Man City it’s a huge bonus, and you could maybe lump Newcastle in with them this season, but that leaves 7 games and 21 points up for grabs from games including Bournemouth, Wolves, Leeds, Everton and West Ham - all six pointers. We’ve escaped from worse spots before.

Last night highlighted the importance of getting someone with a clear strategy in, and quick.

It’s a big ask to turn around our tank confidence and form, but there’s no need to write off all hope just yet.

Do you honestly see us winning head to head battles like this? 

Every single one of those teams in bold have picked up a win or two since we last won.

Also the majority of them are at home where we've been god awful and they'll all bring good away support (apart from Bournemouth lol)

Edited by AjcW
Overreaction on home form.... just feels worse
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Do you honestly see us winning head to head battles like this? 

Every single one of those teams in bold have picked up a win or two since we last won.

Also the majority of them are at home where we've been god awful and they'll all bring good away support (apart from Bournemouth lol)

With Brendan in charge, no I didn’t.

With someone else, we have a slim chance. I’m not feeling particularly confident - more making the point that nothing is decided yet.

Bournemouth looked dead at one point, and now they’re only in the relegation zone by goal difference after appointing an inexperienced interim boss and have had some fantastic and unexpected results recently.

We’ve left it much, much later than we should have and we need to act very fast, but it can still be turned around.

• Like 1