Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Foxes never quit, isn't that supposed to be our motto? Yet the majority of people on here are rolling over, terrified at the idea of having to play teams like the mighty Bournemouth, West Ham, Everton, Leeds and Wolves and accepting relegation as a foregone conclusion. Jfc. All I can say is, if the players have the same craven mentality as half of this forum, then we are in serious trouble.

• Like 4

Just now, Manini said:

The financial implications of us going down really worry me. I keep telling myself there must be a contingency plan, somebody must have forecasted for every eventuality, but the more you hear about the club the more you get the feeling that Rome is about to burn. 

The nature of the statement they put out when Rodgers was sacked rang alarm bells for me as well. Making the move to protect our PL status? It should have been done months ago and even if they didn't pull the trigger months ago, they should have been planning for someone to come in months ago. Just feels like theirs no one in charge.

11 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Foxes never quit, isn't that supposed to be our motto? Yet the majority of people on here are rolling over, terrified at the idea of having to play teams like the mighty Bournemouth, West Ham, Everton, Leeds and Wolves and accepting relegation as a foregone conclusion. Jfc. All I can say is, if the players have the same craven mentality as half of this forum, then we are in serious trouble.

But isn't that the crux of the problem?  Everything they are showing, points to the fact that the players do have the same mentality.  A losing one. 

Edited by kristianity77

13 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

The nature of the statement they put out when Rodgers was sacked rang alarm bells for me as well. Making the move to protect our PL status? It should have been done months ago and even if they didn't pull the trigger months ago, they should have been planning for someone to come in months ago. Just feels like theirs no one in charge.

I sometimes feel like it’s me and my lack of understanding of the wider business operation, but the way I see it is this club is on the ropes in a big way if we drop off the PL gravy train. Nobody at the club seems to understand/want to acknowledge the severity of what could actually happen if we go down here. We’re not just talking about 10 years of basement championship football, it could be back to the dark old days of fans with buckets outside the east stand again and begging ex players for spare dough (there’s a lot that would need to happen for that to become reality yet, but that’s the trajectory I fear as opposed to a club that seems to have been on the up for the last 10 years). 

Edited by Manini

With the limited quality we have we did ok last night apart from a calamitous last five minutes, much the same as at Selhurst Park.

Not enough leadership on the pitch and Maddison was not as dominant as I was hoping he would be.

Mendy our best player, along with Barnes.

There is still hope as it is still in our hands. 

4 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

With the limited quality we have we did ok last night apart from a calamitous last five minutes, much the same as at Selhurst Park.

Not enough leadership on the pitch and Maddison was not as dominant as I was hoping he would be.

Mendy our best player, along with Barnes.

There is still hope as it is still in our hands. 

It's not in our hands at all though is it? We're 19th. We could win every game between now and the end of the season and still go down 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

That mentality died amongst the fans when the players proved Foxes do indeed quit. It's not a squad full of players looking to prove themselves anymore, they're almost all multi millionaires who'll shrug and go somewhere else if we go down.

3 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

It's not in our hands at all though is it? We're 19th. We could win every game between now and the end of the season and still go down 

If we won every game, which would include beating Bournemouth and Wolves we would finish above both of them, albeit on goal difference with Wolves. 
It is in our hands 

• Like 1

This could unfortunately be a necessary evil. 

We need something to trigger a reshuffle of the board and probably sale of the club, because there’s no way we should trust them to oversee a complete rebuild of the squad with them and  the staff they currently employ. 

Going down will allow us to quietly reset over the next few seasons. Could be a very long time until we’re back in the premier league but hopefully when we do, it’ll be with a clear, well structured plan in place (pretty much like last time). Let’s hope history repeats itself. 

The shit thing is our rebuild in the Championship will put us back 2-3 years at a minimum. The rebuild in the Prem allows us to kick on, potentially further than ever before.

We cannot let this team go down. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I rue the day that the club started to move away from the “foxes never quit” and “fearless” branding. A missed opportunity to further establish ourselves as the plucky underdogs and a mantra to call upon in tough times. 

As for the latter, it’s unfortunate but this is all a byproduct of Rodgers. He’s been talking the club down for so long now and the fans/performances now reflect his mentality and approach to the game. There was a time when we wouldn’t truly fear any team in the world and now we tremble against anyone.

12 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

re-read your post, if we beat every team that includes Leeds, Everton, Wolves, Bournemouth and West Ham..... we aren't going to do it but we would be safe if we did.

Up until this weekend I did honestly think we'd be fine because I saw us getting 4 points in the two games. I honestly did think the sacking of Rodgers was the right thing to do because I thought the players needed that kick up the arse.

But last night was genuinely shocking. No leaders in this team. Majority of them will **** off in the summer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, W7Fox said:

it does feel like nothing is going for us at the minute: own goals, red cards, last minute screamers... 

All of those three are due to pressure from the opposition...

11 hours ago, W7Fox said:

We are definitely good enough to stay up... 

But we're not, that's the problem. We ought to play better with the players we have, but they're just not gelling...

11 hours ago, Gubbins said:

My hope pre game is we would get a bounce from finally getting rid of rodgers... 

So perish all who imagined ditching Brendan was some sort of magic wand...

10 hours ago, Kasey Keller said:

Man City will score double figures as well to knacker the goal difference 

I also fear a cricket score, but there's nowt as strange as football...

10 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Maybe 🤔 a positive if we do go down... mind you it will be 30 years before we get back up probably 

You've answered your own point...