Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

7 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Will we get more than ~4 points from this? Not convinced we will. We probably need at least 9 in order to stay up. 

183E7459-5CDA-4264-BB89-AC1E8B94E185.jpeg

Who knows? That's what makes sport worth watching, not knowing what'll happen!

Writing off the Man City game, we could get anywhere from none to twelve points from the other four.

Although none is a lot more likely than twelve...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Simoken said:

We were DREADFUL, what game were you  watching? i  swear i think people are desperate to make a point why Rodgers was let go. Nothing changed on Tuesday. open your eyes people, the manager wasnt the problem, its the squad full of dross and players that  dont wear the badge. the ownership has failed the club not refreshing the squad and getting rid, oh yeah giving albrighton a new contract was a really good idea. way too much sentiment to players. #joke

dreadful? like really, we did more in the first half than we did for the vast majority of our home games this season, and some of the away too

cos we wasnt forever going side to side and the typical poo 

do you go by the way? 

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I simply just don't see the desire in enough of the team 

Same. Confidence is shot. Morale must be at an all-time low. 

They've had it good for the past 3-4 years with the European qualifications and FA Cup win. 

I just don't see enough in them collectively to get us over the line and do enough to survive. Too much deadwood, too many passengers, too many players not really caring for the club and only focused on their next moves and ways of leaving us. Not enough passion or hunger or desire. So many fans say there's too much quality in the side to go down. But they're not showing it. And it's all well and good having 'quality', but it means square root of fvck all if the attitude isn't there with it. 

• Like 3

Its brutal. Its reality, unfortunately 3 teams go down.

Sorry to say we will be one of them this season because everything now points to it.

My lad will be going with a bunch of mates to the Man City game on the train. Gluten for punishment or just a reality mates join up for a good day out and enjoy it whatever?

Good for him 👍

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I simply just don't see the desire in enough of the team 

It’s not always the lack of desire,but some individuals

find it hard to translate into their game..Tielemans is just always laid back,but I am sure inside his heart pumps as much as others..

6 hours ago, MancFox24 said:

But you can't look at the Vestegaard and Bertrand transfers/contracts in isolation. It's the wage structure as a whole. If we're paying £50k a week for a squad player then of course an agent of a potential signing is going to be asking for similar. And that wage structure is entirely the responsibility of the board, it has nothing to do with the manager. Of course those 2 signings were duds, but we can take a hit on those if they're on reasonable contracts. I have no idea how insistent Rodgers was on them, I don't know where you've got the information he was. But even if he was, the moment their agents starts asking for ridiculous contracts, you just move on to other targets. 

Just look at the losses we're recording year on year. We're in a really bad position financially. This isn't because of transfer fees- like I said earlier, we're one of the lowest net spenders in the league. The financial mismanagement at the club is unbelievable and alot of those responsible will have been happy to use Rodgers as a shield. And I'm afraid alot of our fanbase has played along with that. I hope that at least now he's gone people will start turning their attention to the people who have actually got us in this mess

Thanks for your response, always happy to engage in a discussion!

I don’t believe that the board aren’t in any way responsible but just that Rodgers has permeated much of the club and that bad situations regarding contracts can be compounded by even worse recruitment/management of players. Like I said originally, the club haven’t covered themselves in glory when it comes to some of these issues but Brendan has also played his part. 

Regarding Vestergaard, it was originally rumoured on here that he was a BR signing as it seemed to go against the archetype and we knew he had a good relationship with Congerton who seemed to join with him. It was then reported somewhere that he was a BR signing (athletic, I think?) and then Vestergaard himself gave an interview recently where he said that Brendan had been persuading him to join Leicester for a while. So I’d say that’s a good bit of evidence that BR wanted him in which makes it all the more bizarre that he was signed to play Brendanball and then frozen out. Like I said, we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, we only get glimpses. But it’s odd to think that a manager is flirting with signing a player for over a year, insists on/okays the signing and then has no intention to play him even when it means resorting to Ndidi/Amartey at the back. All whilst complaining about injuries. To me he is either incompetent when it comes to recruitment or acting in bad faith. 

The wage bill has needed trimming and I think that’s what the club have started to do. But it is important to be cognisant of the reason why we pushed the boat out to begin with and that was to support Rodgers. He has absolutely been backed in his time here, the biggest mistake they made (imo) was backing him too much. I truly believe that we would be comfortably mid table by now if we had sprung for Emery or even Dyche earlier in the season. I suppose one thing we can agree on is that relegation will cost a lot more than those signings have!

On 05/04/2023 at 06:58, teblin said:

Sure other have posted this, but but if research in most of the last 8/9 season 36 points has been enough for survival.

One it was 38 needed one was as low as 30. 

we somehow have to find 3 or 4 wins and some draws when we have only won 7 all season.

it sounds stupid to say as obviously we haven’t won enough. But  one of the pundits on the Monday night club said we don’t draw enough. So many games where we should at least had a point, last night being one of them.

It's true. 18 losses from 29 is an absolute disgrace.

I think it's quite telling that we've only drawn 4 games, and we haven't won a game by the odd goal in a year to this weekend - this is a brittle team.

On 05/04/2023 at 07:15, KrefelderFox666 said:

Bournemouth (H)

Wolves (H)

Leeds (A)

Everton (H)

I think we need to win 3 of those games if we want to stay up. 7 points would still give us a chance but it would make for a tricky May needing away wins at either Fulham or Newcastle and home wins against Liverpool or West Ham.

Fulham and Liverpool are a lot more winnable than people give credit for I think.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gerblod said:

There was no reason City should ever have been in this position.

For those of you throwing around blame on the players - look at the long picture. Everyone but the players has had a hand in the neglect and indecision which has brought a hitherto successful period in City's history to a potential end.

While those intent on picking out individual players to lambast witter away, those who hold the pursestrings and hire and fire were, for whatever reason, choosing not to sack Rodgers. Those wishful thinkers on here who felt it was the better option for this inept man to be given ever more opportunity to make bad decision after bad decision, should examine this outcome. If we go down then I'll feel more sorry, ashamed and embarrassed than I did when we were relegated to the third tier.

Vichai's acumen, hard work, money and his ambition will all have been thrown away by lesser people. And just one decision, made in a timely manner, would have prevented this edge-teetering moment.

For those too blind to see Rodgers' glaring shortcomings...well, it's only your half-baked opinions. But for those who could have and should have ended his time in charge, I have only contempt. You've dishonoured Vichai's vision.

I think that Rodgers, in the end, was only part of the problem.  We have lost the spine of the team without adequate replacements.  Schmeichel, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas, Ndidi and Vardy have all fallen by the wayside, moved on or reached the end of their careers.

Add to that the disastrous two windowa prior to this season, no signings followed by a clean sweep of duds, and you have the prefect storm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think that Rodgers, in the end, was only part of the problem.  We have lost the spine of the team without adequate replacements.  Schmeichel, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas, Ndidi and Vardy have all fallen by the wayside, moved on or reached the end of their careers.

Add to that the disastrous two windowa prior to this season, no signings followed by a clean sweep of duds, and you have the prefect storm.

Yes, only part of the problem is accurate, yet he was at the centre of the perfect storm, seemingly calm, because, sacked or not, I don't believe he cared about City as an entity. It's like several steps on from being a committed professional to an egocentric fantasist, content to fail to reflect on why things were going awry and failing to remedy them. It's this lack of realism in these people which surprises me. It's as if the motto is, "I'll just go on until I'm fired" without asking what the hell's is going wrong. And, as you imply, no-one's putting the brakes on by asking why the dud recruitment, plus why the high salaries, why the indecisiveness is of the ones who should be making decisions. Is this the new 'Leicester way'?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Yes, only part of the problem is accurate, yet he was at the centre of the perfect storm, seemingly calm, because, sacked or not, I don't believe he cared about City as an entity. It's like several steps on from being a committed professional to an egocentric fantasist, content to fail to reflect on why things were going awry and failing to remedy them. It's this lack of realism in these people which surprises me. It's as if the motto is, "I'll just go on until I'm fired" without asking what the hell's is going wrong. And, as you imply, no-one's putting the brakes on by asking why the dud recruitment, plus why the high salaries, why the indecisiveness is of the ones who should be making decisions. Is this the new 'Leicester way'?

It certainly seems as though Rodgers is an egotist.  His deflections. spin and inability to take responsibility sounded alarm bells for me going back to Forest last year, however, if that is the case then surely Rodgers cares about Rodgers and relegation would be a deep stain on his CV that he would have tried his utmost to avoid?   I must admit, that part of me feels a bit saddened that Rodgers has escaped that fate.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jonathan_ross said:

Who cares, we yo-yo and we bounce back always have and always will

Major difference between now and 10 years ago, is that we have a big post 2016 fanbase who will stop attending as quickly as they started to be a fan after winning the title. 

There's also a growing number of fans who are turning it in, fed up with being ripped off for memberships, struggling to find £42 to watch chuffing Bournemouth etc or just can't be bothered because it's an awful 'match day experience'

I don't see us bouncing back anytime soon if we do drop, not with what will be left from this current crop of players, with a huge fall in revenue alongside a reluctance to pay £40 to watch Hull. What makes us different to 8-10 sides who are in the Championship already with 20k gates struggling to recruit?

We'll be lucky to get 20000 in most games. The likes of Coventry and Sheffield Wednesday are approaching 25 years of being outside the Premier league, it can easily happen to us. 

Edited by SK3Blue
  • Like 2

I'm starting to warm to the idea tbh, really think the club needs a good shake up, they've treated fans poorly for far too long and think those that don't come anymore can easily be replaced, that won't happen in the Championship.

I don't feel like the powers that be have a clue what they are doing, nor do the players care enough about the club.

Aslong as we've still got a club to support, doesn't matter what division we're in.

• Like 1