Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

Well we're bottom,so we need to get use to it until TOP wakes up and does something about it.

Yeah, sorry to say it, but he does not appear to be getting it, does he ?

22 hours ago, Danny280995 said:

As it stands we're favourites to go down

We're bottom, not signed any new players,  spoilt brat on strike, Vardy not scoring, reputed star players not performing and a manager so bad he gives a good impression of a man deliberately losing!

How anyone can see us finishing as high 17th under this clown is genuinely beyond me!

We may not be favourites but 3rd favourites for certain.

Let's not turn on Top ffs. 

We have no idea of any internal conversations the club have. We have no idea on the conversation Top has with Rodgers. 

But suddenly it's all his fault. Come on, people. Let's not exaggerate and pin the downfall on him. 

• Like 3

"We'll be fine, because we're entirely reliant on a guy with a persistant hip injury pulling a piece of magic out". Honestly, some of you really don't grasp the issue of having god awful underlying stats, that eventually your returns will match what you deserve.

• Like 2

People need to get a grip.  We're 4 games in and two of those have been Arsenal and Chelsea away.  This thread should be suspended until we find ourselves 4 or 5 points from safety or bottom in late October.  Right now we're 6 points off of European football.

Form has to improve, no question, but it will.  Even if Brendan stays.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We have no idea of any internal conversations the club have. We have no idea on the conversation Top has with Rodgers. 

But suddenly it's all his fault. Come on, people. Let's not exaggerate and pin the downfall on him. 

I don’t condone it, I just feel the lack of transparency and decisiveness from the board either way in terms of backing Rodgers or sacking him we shouldn’t be in this limbo state which it feels like.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I agree. Top is key to anything we do, even if one day he sells, I trust him entirely to sell to fitting successors. We’re blessed with lovely owners, I just think BR has them over a barrel on the short timeframe.  

• Like 2

Guest itude
7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hey come on, who said it all his fault ?? All we said was that as far as we are able to Judge, he has not shown any concern or urgency about this, and that is all anyone has said...so far.

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I don’t condone it, I just feel the lack of transparency and decisiveness from the board either way in terms of backing Rodgers or sacking him we shouldn’t be in this limbo state which it feels like.

Rare for owners to come out and say anything these days, let alone our own owners who don't usually speak publicly anyway! 

So I wouldn't bank on too much transparency. Decisiveness I agree. 

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

People need to get a grip.  We're 4 games in and two of those have been Arsenal and Chelsea away.  This thread should be suspended until we find ourselves 4 or 5 points from safety or bottom in late October.  Right now we're 6 points off of European football.

Form has to improve, no question, but it will.  Even if Brendan stays.

Three points are guaranteed for us on Thursday, assuming hapless Harry is in Manchester United's starting XI. Change of month, change of fortune?!

19 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

Well we're bottom,so we need to get use to it until TOP wakes up and does something about it.

16 minutes ago, itude said:

Yeah, sorry to say it, but he does not appear to be getting it, does he ?

1 minute ago, itude said:

Hey come on, who said it all his fault ?? All we said was that as far as we are able to Judge, he has not shown any concern or urgency about this, and that is all anyone has said...so far.

You just said 'he's not getting it' and the poster you quoted makes it sound like Top is ignoring the situation. 

Being bottom this early in the season is not the worst thing that could happen, we have time to get energised, perhaps signings or perhaps manager change

Does not seem like the players have given up on Rodgers quite yet, it’s a strange one 

The only thing that really fits is that players have no belief that more can be achieved here, so fail to see what the point is 

But isn’t that part of the managers job? Or do we need a Shouty Man in the middle of the pitch?

• Like 1

Interesting to see that there is still sleep walking, its as if team cohesion, morale, and team management dont matter its just about individual player quality.

I think the problem this season is we dont have a norwich which would normally make it 2 out of 19, forest I think will be ok as they have become a man city lite, newcastle have a good manager and on a upward projectile now, so fulham, bournemouth, brentford, maybe wolves, saints, leeds, villa our relegation rivals.

Mentally we look like a team in their last 10 games who are gone, thats the real eye opener here.  I think the players know themselves Rodgers isnt the Rodgers that joined us, they are waiting for what we are waiting for.

Guest itude

We have no information about it,one way or another, so we can only judge on that ,and its reasonable to suggest he " does not appear to be getting it"

"It" being where we are at now ,no one has even tried to blame him for anything else, and I will not.

Some kind of statement, even if it is the dreaded " The manager has our full support" would be helpful