Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This one is going to hurt so much. Especially during the summer. I’ve faced other relegations as a fan and never has it felt like this. It’s embarrassing. Infuriating. Because of what we were given. And because of the manner in which that gift was just thrown away. 

I’ll probably be there first game of next season. 20-25k of us at King Power stadium (I wish it’s called something else next year). However, it’s such a weird feeling, I don’t actually know if I’ll have the same passion, nerves motivation that I’ve had in all my years supporting this club. Even in league one I spent the summer learning key players the season before. Who we should target etc. this time - who gives a ****, if we are going to accept this. After Bournemouth scored today, I did something I never thought I would - went shopping with the Mrs. Didn’t even check the score - I knew we’d lose. I’ve actively chosen to stay away from the stadium for the last few home games. I don’t want to watch them. Again, something I never thought possible.

Top, Rodgers and co have done something I never thought possible. Broken my bond after all these years with this club. So **** them. I couldn’t care less what anyone thinks or what admiration they have for them. What they’ve done is disgusting. Here’s to new owners, direction and leadership to reignite the belief. 

Same here, no desire to go to there at the moment. Just went out for a walk with my wife and little one and left my phone at home and checked when I got back. Only surprise being it remained at 1 :unsure:

11 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

51% chance of relegation now, it’s officially more likely than not. I’d argue those numbers are pretty flattering for us. 

5E2EE299-AD92-46AB-B852-7BDDC747D221.jpeg

The numbers were always flattering because they don't measure the intangibles that we're terrible at. You can basically add 20% to our number at any point although I think 71% is generous. I'll be amazed, and embarrassed for the state of the English game if we aren't relegated this season.

• Like 2

One of our biggest issues has been our recruitment of players with weak mentality.

I think Sadler said yesterday the occasion was to much for many of them and there are various examples over the last couple of seasons where this has been the case (Forest FA Cup, Slavia Prague Europa Lge, Spuds losing 2 goals in 60 sec etc etc).

we damn well need to ensure that as part of the refresh we gut out the spineless and inject some fighters which were the norm under the Pearson era.

New director of football to oversee the plan tho - Rudders has to go.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

I've probably discredited our seasons where we were challenging top 4, finished 5th when I claimed the Premier League was a poor league, little quality, little standard, albeit take nothing away from where we were, it was still achievement, an overachievement - If it was so poor why didn't anyone else challenge.

However, let it sink in, i'm still of the opinion the Premier League is quite a poor league, little quality, little standard, this season being one of the worst inparticular....and we're going to get relegated. Wow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

One of our biggest issues has been our recruitment of players with weak mentality.

I think Sadler said yesterday the occasion was to much for many of them and there are various examples over the last couple of seasons where this has been the case (Forest FA Cup, Slavia Prague Europa Lge, Spuds losing 2 goals in 60 sec etc etc).

we damn well need to ensure that as part of the refresh we gut out the spineless and inject some fighters which were the norm under the Pearson era.

That’s all on Rodgers I’m afraid. Weak cultures create weak people. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've probably discredited our seasons where we were challenging top 4, finished 5th when I claimed the Premier League was a poor league, little quality, little standard, albeit take nothing away from where we were, it was still achievement, an overachievement - If it was so poor why didn't anyone else challenge.

However, let it sink in, i'm still of the opinion the Premier League is quite a poor league, little quality, little standard, this season being one of the worst inparticular....and we're going to get relegated. Wow.

Forest have got a champions league winner in goal and a la liga winner in their backing. The standard of the Premier is way ahead of any other league in the world now. Not sure how it's of no standard. Watch the other leagues and you'd quickly realise this.

A clean sweep is needed across the board on the football side 

Rudkin - he’s overseen the shit show and failed to act many months ago when it was pretty clear that our whole direction of travel was downwards. Also for dishing out fat contracts based on sentimentality rather than the best interests of improving the squad in the future. 

The coaching staff - I know Stowell and Sadler are not managers but their football intelligence and whole approach has been horrific.and it’s easy to see why we have become such a poor side with them as part of the set up. I wouldn’t trust them to keep an eye on my toast without fvcking it up.  I suspect that they and the back room staff generally are part of the cult of Brendan and need to be cleared out.

Recruitment - It’s been horrific. We’ve blown a fortune on poor players with a poor mentality. Leaves us with not a lot to bring in to turn things round and replace underperforming first teamers. 

Top - if he gives Marsch a 3 year contract. He won’t save us, he won’t get us promoted and we’ll be facing another big pay out to get rid of him and his team in 12/18 months or be stuck with another shit manager simply on the basis that we can’t afford to sack him. Far better to make a short term appointment and start the rebuild under the guidance of a manager who had not been appointed out of desperation 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

That’s all on Rodgers I’m afraid. Weak cultures create weak people. 

He was a massive factor no doubt but, don’t let the players off for a minute.

if only the manager and culture we would have seen a bounce after he was binned . Too many have zero fight.  Without Madders we would have been down weeks ago.

I am still fuming 😡 obviously 

Edited by JimmyC74

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Forest have got a champions league winner in goal and a la liga winner in their backing. The standard of the Premier is way ahead of any other league in the world now. Not sure how it's of no standard. Watch the other leagues and you'd quickly realise this.

The premier league is shocking, but I think it’s just the state of modern football. 

I thought Villa were shit, yet they’re miles ahead of us. Outside the top 8 the rest of the league is absolutely rancid. I think the PL is just as poor as the other major leagues in Europe, but our top 6 ish clubs are better than the average I’d say. So basically outside the top 8 clubs everyone else just honks. And we’re the worst of the lot of them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

A clean sweep is needed across the board on the football side 

Rudkin - he’s overseen the shit show and failed to act many months ago when it was pretty clear that our whole direction of travel was downwards. Also for dishing out fat contracts based on sentimentality rather than the best interests of improving the squad in the future. 

The coaching staff - I know Stowell and Sadler are not managers but their football intelligence and whole approach has been horrific.and it’s easy to see why we have become such a poor side with them as part of the set up. I wouldn’t trust them to keep an eye on my toast without fvcking it up.  I suspect that they and the back room staff generally are part of the cult of Brendan and need to be cleared out.

Recruitment - It’s been horrific. We’ve blown a fortune on poor players with a poor mentality. Leaves us with not a lot to bring in to turn things round and replace underperforming first teamers. 

Top - if he gives Marsch a 3 year contract. He won’t save us, he won’t get us promoted and we’ll be facing another big pay out to get rid of him and his team in 12/18 months or be stuck with another shit manager simply on the basis that we can’t afford to sack him. Far better to make a short term appointment and start the rebuild under the guidance of a manager who had not been appointed out of desperation 

Agree with this. Extending Vardy for 2 years on around 100k a week at 34-35 was borderline criminal. The problem with this club is they're as soft as shite. I wonder if they/ Rudkin is respected within the industry , I suspect not. The Vanity project at Seagrave akin to HS2, another criminal waste of money. It's a catalogue of errors and has been for the past 2 -3 years. 

29 minutes ago, Lionator said:

One positive if is that Glover seems decent. If we can get right manager in to get the best out of his signings then a rebuild might be possible. 

Good point, probably depends if he is switched on to the market we will be shopping in in the championship.

If so, Glover and Knudsen seem good to keep on.

Stowell and Sadler should go based on what we have seen in these past games.

Saw on another thread you mentioned Whelan. Would agree perhaps she could stay but Rudkin needs to go.

Not really sure about other behind the scenes staff. I guess some went with Rodgers and others will be not in positions of note.

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Agree with this. Extending Vardy for 2 years on around 100k a week at 34-35 was borderline criminal. The problem with this club is they're as soft as shite. I wonder if they/ Rudkin is respected within the industry , I suspect not. The Vanity project at Seagrave akin to HS2, another criminal waste of money. It's a catalogue of errors and has been for the past 2 -3 years. 

Seagrave in principle is a great idea - a centre of excellence to build a pipeline of players for the first team / to be sold to bring in funds to reinvest.

The problem is we don’t seem to be very good at identifying and bringing through that talent. Another example of where our Director of Football has shown he hasn’t got the chops for the job. Get rid, get rid, get rid.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's also become boring as fvck to watch.

That what happens when you let half a dozen clubs dominate and spend obscene amounts of money to try and buy success.

Referees and VAR decisions are corrupt and biased towards the rich clubs without question!!..

It's a joke of a league now and personally I won't be that upset to see Leicester City play in The Championship albeit with the financial restraints that come with it...

Also I suspect we'll see some of our academy players coming through to play, which I'm all for.

Happy to leave the PL to rot in it's own corruption and filth.

53 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Was it just Chelsea failing to turn up and a wonderstrike how we actually managed to win the FA Cup? I don’t disagree we do seem to crumble often under pressure, I guess we were underdogs that day, perhaps that helped maybe if we'd of had a non big 6 team in that final, we may not have won that.

19 minutes ago, weller54 said:

It's also become boring as fvck to watch.

That what happens when you let half a dozen clubs dominate and spend obscene amounts of money to try and buy success.

Referees and VAR decisions are corrupt and biased towards the rich clubs without question!!..

It's a joke of a league now and personally I won't be that upset to see Leicester City play in The Championship albeit with the financial restraints that come with it...

Also I suspect we'll see some of our academy players coming through to play, which I'm all for.

Happy to leave the PL to rot in it's own corruption and filth.

So you just want to exist in the championship without promotion back to the premier league? Weird 

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Was it just Chelsea failing to turn up and a wonderstrike how we actually managed to win the FA Cup? I don’t disagree we do seem to crumble often under pressure, I guess we were underdogs that day, perhaps that helped maybe if we'd of had a non big 6 team in that final, we may not have won that.

Gutless is now built in our DNA

I’ve just sort of assumed you’d be fine as on paper your team looks far too good to go down, despite what the Leicester fans at work have been telling me.

That was an awful result yesterday though and for the first time I genuinely think you’re in real trouble. Especially if the news about Marsch is true.

39 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

So you just want to exist in the championship without promotion back to the premier league? Weird 

Nothing weird about wanting to watch Leicester play games that aren't corrupt... what's the point in playing in the PL when officiating is clearly based on cheats!!...

Did you watch Spurs v Brighton yesterday?...

Come on!!... what's the point of watching these games anymore when cheating and corruption is right in front of your eyes?

Perhaps when the inevitable European Superleague happens and the top 6 fvck off the PL might improve but right now it's a complete joke and yes I would rather watch Leicester competing in a non corrupt league..

The integrity of Football is more important than the league you play in.

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

True, but Rodgers had also coached the mentality out of them honestly