Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

What I would say is; even if we went down, Top would see us straight back up. You seem to have forgotten the strength of the man? His Dad burnt alive outside the ground lest we forget and he assumed the reigns prematurely, he’s done very well for a young businessman. In short, he is a titan both in business terms and personal terms.

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@StanSP the buck always ultimately stops at the top, it always does. This in no way demeans what amazing things Vichai or Top have achieved.

But on Top….we don’t know, cannot see the reality of the situation, what conversations have been had, and we should never expect too, it’s not a reality show. 

Top will do what needs to be done if and when it needs to be done, he deserves our trust

Guest itude

Please stop exaggerating comments about Top, no one has done much more than ask where he is on our situation at the moment. It would be helpful to know.You are only distracting from the main person responsible for this mess......

So lets see what the big spenders up the road can do , may as well get my moneys worth from Sky

Edited by itude

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

28 points from 24 games in the PL this calendar year. 9 of those points were against teams on the beach/relegated at the end of last season.

We are shit and getting worse.

To be fair I take that right now from 24 games.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

@StanSP the buck always ultimately stops at the top, it always does. This in no way demeans what amazing things Vichai or Top have achieved.

But on Top….we don’t know, cannot see the reality of the situation, what conversations have been had, and we should never expect too, it’s not a reality show. 

Top will do what needs to be done if and when it needs to be done, he deserves our trust

I think this is both sane and respectful.   I have been rodgers out for months... yet at the same time i do feel that Top will do what needs to be done.

I was wondering if Top might prefer to wait until after the world cup... but maybe poor results will force his hand.

6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Turning on top when we’d be at burton away next week without him is bloody hilarious 

Turning on Rodgers when we’ve won an FA cup is hilarious - for me this predicament is 50% Rodgers and 50% mismanagement from the board 

Very worrying times. Fear it will get worse before it gets better, looking at the forthcoming fixtures. The early fixtures always looked tough on paper which is why beating Brentford and Southampton at home was so vital to keep us on an even keel before things got easier. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

I don't buy the argument that Top doesn't have the bollocks to sack Rodgers, or is unaware of what's happening. 

He sacked Puel less than three months after losing his dad; and Puel was pretty much universally agreed to have been superb in the wake of the tragedy, speaking eloquently and touchingly about Vichai, keeping the players' heads together in devastating circumstances and being the face of the club while Top mourned.

He isn't some wet-behind-the-ears kid, and I suspect that Rodgers' departure isn't far from his mind. It won't be far from Whelan's either. If he lasts until Thursday at all, he'll be gone if we lose.

• Like 1

How much is down to Top or Ruskin I have no idea, but their clearly are issues and have been failings well above Rodgers’ head.

The fact we let a long-standing goalkeeper go and couldn’t even replace him with another proper goalkeeper and so just promoted our back-up is worrying, as is the distinct lack of movement in replacements for Fofana.

At some point, we’ve overspent on contracts and got into a position where we’re currently financially unsustainable and in a position where we have to cut back to the obvious detriment to the quality of our playing squad. Clearly people above Rodgers have to take a large share of the blame for this as well. He isn’t the one issuing our contracts.

I want to see a new manager, but the way some of you are going on like everything will be solved once he goes reminds me of ManUtd fans with Moyes, then van Gaal, then Mourinho, then Solkjaer etc. etc. Our issues right now sadly run deeper than that and I think it’s going to many years of seeing our squad structurally get weaker and weaker without serious investment.

I think some of you are seriously burying your heads in the sand over this and don’t want to admit there are serious issues here above Rodgers’ head alongside the obvious failings of Rodgers’ himself.

Edited by Sampson

Guest itude
8 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Turning on Rodgers when we’ve won an FA cup is hilarious - for me this predicament is 50% Rodgers and 50% mismanagement from the board 

And how long does credit for doing that last exactly then ?

Just now, itude said:

And how long does credit for doing that last exactly then ?

That was his point. People were saying we can’t have ago at Top for things he achieved several years ago, he was turning it back on them with Rodgers to show that it’s a silly attitude.

12 minutes ago, itude said:

Please stop exaggerating comments about Top, no one has done much more than ask where he is on our situation at the moment. It would be helpful to know.You are only distracting from the main person responsible for this mess......

So lets see what the big spenders up the road can do , may as well get my moneys worth from Sky

Agree nobody should give Top a hard time on our recent issues,  but to blame a manager he employed yet vindicate him of responsibility is a little double standards 

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree nobody should give Top a hard time on our recent issues,  but to blame a manager he employed yet vindicate him of responsibility is a little double standards 

It would be helpful to know where he stands, or is thinking at the moment, then we need not speculate.

Vacuums tend to lead to that, for understandable reasons.

27 minutes ago, nnfox said:

People need to get a grip.  We're 4 games in and two of those have been Arsenal and Chelsea away.  This thread should be suspended until we find ourselves 4 or 5 points from safety or bottom in late October.  Right now we're 6 points off of European football.

Form has to improve, no question, but it will.  Even if Brendan stays.

This argument is just ridiculous because it completely ignores anything thats happened previously.

Our form:

Last 6 games: 15th - 6 points.

Last 10 games: 15th - 10 points.

Last 6 home games: 14th - 6 points.

Last 6 away games: 13th - 6 points.

Final 10 games of last season: 11th - 14 points. Although it's important to remember we played Watford away who were already down and one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Looking at a point a game and have another tough match coming up on Thursday. If we wait until the end of October before acting it might already be too late.

• Like 4

Just now, itude said:

It would be helpful to know where he stands, or is thinking at the moment, then we need not speculate.

Vacuums tend to lead to that, for understandable reasons.

Yes it would, but this isn’t a reality show, we should not expect time to made available to sate our thirst for the minutiae 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Why do people keep banging on in terms of ‘we’ll score enough goals’?

Just like last season… we DO score goals. 
The problem is fookin conceding goals!

Just like last season.

The only time we stopped conceding as many goals last season was when (and here’s a clue) we were able to drop Amartey and Soyuncu and play Evans with Fofana.

This team has goals in it, but that’s not the issue! If we don’t sort the defence out, we’ll get relegated.