Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Just means it has to happen sooner or later.

Unfortunately that's not how statistics/probability works! 

If its a small enough probability then you will be waiting a long time for it to happen. However, given how tight the league is this season then there's more likelihood of it happening as a smaller swing in overall performance is needed. 

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

If its a small enough probability then you will be waiting a long time for it to happen. However, given how tight the league is this season then there's more likelihood of it happening as a smaller swing in overall performance is needed. 

Weren’t we the first team to go into Christmas break in last place, and then escape relegation?

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

I don’t thing you’ll find a PL season as tight as this one for some time. A few teams with just a couple of defeats could be right back into it again. I mean, as ridiculous as it is, if we can win three games in a row, we could end up mid table. 

Going into last weekend I think the expectation was that we would close the gap, given the fixtures. The gap obviously widened and that's massively swung the chances of the drop for us.

Going in to this weekend the expectation is that the gap will widen. If we can get out with a 3 point gap it would be huge, really need Fulham to turn up.

52 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Going into last weekend I think the expectation was that we would close the gap, given the fixtures. The gap obviously widened and that's massively swung the chances of the drop for us.

Going in to this weekend the expectation is that the gap will widen. If we can get out with a 3 point gap it would be huge, really need Fulham to turn up.

Not just Fulham but Spurs and Man U - could be a long weekend !

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

We aren’t dead and buried yet , keep the Faith.

I know I don't mean to sound defeatist. As detrimental to the club as relegation would be, it'd be a change of scenery, more of a level playing field, a new squad (can be said for if we stay up too I guess). Probably helps that we can say we came and we conquered. It's not as though we've been perennial strugglers the past 9 years with no success. 

Then next year we can celebrate returning to the same league that I'm not gutted to have left the previous year. It's a weird game 

(It's a weird mindset too, I know)

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I know I don't mean to sound defeatist. As detrimental to the club as relegation would be, it'd be a change of scenery, more of a level playing field, a new squad (can be said for if we stay up too I guess). Probably helps that we can say we came and we conquered. It's not as though we've been perennial strugglers the past 9 years with no success. 

Then next year we can celebrate returning to the same league that I'm not gutted to have left the previous year. It's a weird game 

Truest relegation would be no “jolly” for a season. It could land the club in serious trouble. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pliskin said:

Truest relegation would be no “jolly” for a season. It could land the club in serious trouble. 

Yas that's why I acknowledged at the start that it would be bad for us. And I should probably also reiterate that I'm not wishing for relegation. 

The situation isn’t as bad as it seems on face value. Todays game is more or less a write off, but because things are so close one team who hits form will get out of it…. Otherwise every team will have to hit form to survive. A lot of us are playing one another, so there’s a chance to drag other back into it again. 

It could well end up being no club is confirmed relegated until the end of play on the final game. 

Plenty more twists and turns to come, but I’ve now got genuine belief we can turn it around, mainly because we’ve got players capable of winning games. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I get what you mean and it’s not necessarily defeatist but looking for the positive should the worst happen. 

Of course we want to stay up but it’d be fun in its own way. Probably like you say, just the desire to see a new squad put together which happens hopefully at either level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I get what you mean and it’s not necessarily defeatist but looking for the positive should the worst happen. 

Of course we want to stay up but it’d be fun in its own way. Probably like you say, just the desire to see a new squad put together which happens hopefully at either level.

I just want us to be adventurous with who we appoint in the summer, especially if we get relegated. Go for that kettle bloke from Norway or some other sod that no one has heard of if he brings a good identity with him. Follow a Brentford/Brighton model where we sign talent from a certain area of the world. Put together a squad of shithouse Serbians.

Only issue is a rebuild if we stay up probably means we have to play it safer with regard to a manager. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
35 minutes ago, Corky said:

Think we have to accept our position will probably worsen this weekend. The week coming up was always going to be pivotal. Five winnable games after this.

Exactly 

Man City will muller us today I guess

Its what comes after that matters AND how the other teams around us get on 

53 minutes ago, Corky said:

Think we have to accept our position will probably worsen this weekend. The week coming up was always going to be pivotal. Five winnable games after this.

I really think we’ll get a new manager bounce and could either lose by a single goal or at best get a draw out of this then drive on win next 5 games 2 more difficult Liverpool and Newcastle,  really hoping the lads keep the spirits up if we go a goal down and play our hearts out like the Villa spurs and wolves wins previously !

Edited by justfoxes

4 hours ago, blue army 1988 said:

Only two teams have ever been bottom on Christmas day and escaped relegation. WBA did it first and then us

Pretty sure we were dead and buried needing a run of wins that was champions form from our list nine games, so definitely something special that carried over into our title winning season.