Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

I just want us to be adventurous with who we appoint in the summer, especially if we get relegated. Go for that kettle bloke from Norway or some other sod that no one has heard of if he brings a good identity with him.

...couldn't stop laughing....!!!

CDK says hello and he is on his way.

I felt that he would be coming here and he did fit a new type of striker that we needed. He just seems the right fit for this club.

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...couldn't stop laughing....!!!

CDK says hello and he is on his way.

I felt that he would be coming here and he did fit a new type of striker that we needed. He just seems the right fit for this club.

I'm not on about the Belgian guy at Milan you tit lol kettle is the bodo glimt manager I think, or manager of some Norwegian club. Failing that he's definitely just some Norwegian bloke with a name that reads like kettle 

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Villa have double our points, with say a team that is on par with us. Probably only bettered in the striker department!

Bitter pill to swallow

The Villa team is much better than ours.

I would have thought by now that people had learned we have a very weak squad, but clearly not.

5 hours ago, Stinky said:

I've made peace with it. The Championship can be fun 

For me living in Canada it's easy to get all the Premier games on TV but Championship games are much harder to get.  Personally I think Championship football is much more entertaining but I desperately want to stay in the Premier. 

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Yeah table is rough, I think Leeds is the only realistic one to catch, potentially also Everton, , but Everton have Dyche.

That’s a good thing, but still probably won’t see them drop. They’ve been getting away with it year after year since the 90s

Those results today make the following safe;

Wolves - but were never really in the conversation for me.

Palace - again never really in the conversation after Roy came back and they beat us and then Leeds. That results basically means Southampton are dead and buried.

Bournemouth - the disappointing result of the day for me as if they had lost they were still on the conversation.

That leaves;

Southampton - dead and buried surely.

Forest - watch them get a result tomorrow.

Us - gulp!

Everton - massive result for us today with them losing….but Dyche!

Leeds - seem to have a tough run.

West Ham - not seriously in the question. Far better than the rest down there.

So basically we need to finish above Forest and either Everton or Leeds. The games against the latter two are massive! 

The main thing was that Southampton and Everton lost today.

Its annoying about Bournemouth but they were in a decent position as it was.

If Forest and Leeds lose then it’s actually been a decent weekend in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stinky said:

I know I don't mean to sound defeatist. As detrimental to the club as relegation would be, it'd be a change of scenery, more of a level playing field, a new squad (can be said for if we stay up too I guess). Probably helps that we can say we came and we conquered. It's not as though we've been perennial strugglers the past 9 years with no success. 

Then next year we can celebrate returning to the same league that I'm not gutted to have left the previous year. It's a weird game 

(It's a weird mindset too, I know)

It's games like this that kill my interest too. Admittedly we're just shit and could get battered here on a good day. 

If we go into the final day already down, I want massive signs with Brendan on it.

"You did this."

Everyone needs to know that Brendan Rodgers relegated us. 

Why didn't we sack him earlier? My word.

• Like 1

I think we need to stop getting our hopes up. All the indicators suggest it's going to worse, not better.

I've accepted that we're going down. My hope is that this doesn't mean financial oblivion.

15 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

If we go into the final day already down, I want massive signs with Brendan on it.

"You did this."

Everyone needs to know that Brendan Rodgers relegated us. 

Why didn't we sack him earlier? My word.

owners just as much to blame tbh

• Like 1

The squad have 6 games to show they deserve the shirt.

We just don’t show any fight or passion, we are sleep waking into relegation and although I have hope that we can still get out of this with the Foxes never die spirit we’ve seen in the past, but this squad have not shown that spirit.

Currently I think they deserve to be relegated, but I still hope