Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

think Rodgers and the owners/board are both equally to blame, Club should have got rid of Rodgers alot earlier and Rodgers should have at least tried other ideas to get results

plus the way the club gave Rodgers more power over certain things at the club, like transfers etc, when the club had a success model before he decided to go against it, 

cant blame Dean Smith at all for the mess hes got into

Spot on

• Like 1

It's 100% on the board this, it was obvious Rodgers needed to go and a sensible football club with a plan would have sacked him and had the successor in place last summer.

Edited by Tuna

Rodgers takes a huge chunk of the blame obviously. Crested a negative culture and drained confidence that noone seems to be able to rescue. Not even sure he lost the dressing room, he just brainwashed them into believe they were the problem. 

But, the inability to invest in the squad for consecutive windows has lead to this. Whether it was Rodgers, or Rudkin inability to sign or sell anyone, I don't know. But lack of investment in the playing side will cost you eventually. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

If we go into the final day already down, I want massive signs with Brendan on it.

"You did this."

Everyone needs to know that Brendan Rodgers relegated us. 

Why didn't we sack him earlier? My word.

The board and Top will have let us down.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think we're still gone even with a small uptick in form. Others are getting results that we just wouldn't and we're starting to get cut adrift. Only hope now is some of the teams we have left to play might be on the beach by the time we get round to them.

Only 2 points behind Everton is hardly that bad, with our goal difference we can do it.

I think Leeds will get dragged back into it same with West Ham.

• Like 1

Its starting to look very bleak isn't it. 

Surprised that the Dyche effect is not bigger at Everton. Kudos to Bournemouth for grinding out points. Seems like its between us, Southampton, Forest, Leeds, Everton and West Ham. 

9 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Its starting to look very bleak isn't it. 

Surprised that the Dyche effect is not bigger at Everton. Kudos to Bournemouth for grinding out points. Seems like its between us, Southampton, Forest, Leeds, Everton and West Ham. 

I can’t see a situation where we can stay up if Southampton and Forest don’t both go down.  This means we need to avoid coming 4th in a 4 team league when we still have each of the others left to play.  It really is in our hands.

• Like 1

Reflecting on yesterdays game whilst in my hotel room in manc.

For me Ndidi is a liability and can't start in our next 3 games, was poor for all 3 goals and I've lost count how many stupid penalties he's given away now.

Soyuncu and Iverson played well and it shows that Rodgers stubbornness with them has wrecked our season. 

Also we hardly had a kick until we went 3 down and they took their foot off the accelerator.... but when we did get in the game we looked ok, and have to start Kelechi now no matter what.

The atmosphere in the away end was poor yesterday.

Madders was a credit though with his efforts and appreciation of the fans at the end.....  will be heartbreaking to see him leave 

15 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

What I watched (up until the penalty went in for 2-0), I saw no signs that there was even any more positives on show. Maybe that will change against Wolves next week, but at the minute it looks a formality :unsure:

So you watched 12 minutes against one of the best teams in the world and decided there was no positives in the whole game....

Okay 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Rodgers takes a huge chunk of the blame obviously. Crested a negative culture and drained confidence that noone seems to be able to rescue. Not even sure he lost the dressing room, he just brainwashed them into believe they were the problem. 

But, the inability to invest in the squad for consecutive windows has lead to this. Whether it was Rodgers, or Rudkin inability to sign or sell anyone, I don't know. But lack of investment in the playing side will cost you eventually. 

So explain to me why results before and after the World Cup went from good to bad?

Edited by Simoken

3 minutes ago, Simoken said:

So explain to me why results before and after the World Cup went from good to bad?

The world cup motivated players to try and reach their peak. A lot of players come back having had a poor WC, an they are greated back by an unmotivated Rogers. Add in players like Cags, Mendy, Praet, Iverson (at that stage) Nacho and Daka not getting a kick hardly and it doesn't really help squad togetherness.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stinky said:

I'm not on about the Belgian guy at Milan you tit lol kettle is the bodo glimt manager I think, or manager of some Norwegian club. Failing that he's definitely just some Norwegian bloke with a name that reads like kettle 

We should definitely be looking at managers like him.

We'd be in our element 

3 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

So you watched 12 minutes against one of the best teams in the world and decided there was no positives in the whole game....

Okay 

Well like many people, I commented on the game as it was at the time, hence my post was at that point, not after the game. I had to turn off as I find Man City utterly unwatchable.

I watched the last quarter of the game and commented on the positives I saw in that part of the game so I assume you’ll be as quick to find those posts yeah?

That first part of the game we showed no intent and it looked like there was no improvement in confident or anything so it was an observation at that time. I’m glad we found something about us and caused them some problems. 

And yes it probably was quite early to judge. It’s hardly like this forum has a reputation for not being…reactionary. However I don’t have an ego and can admit I was wrong!

We have a passive squad with no real leaders on the pitch, unless someone steps up out on the field, were done, some tea cups really need to be chucked around in that changing room and some truths spoken or it's over for this squad and our current run in the Prem.

• Like 4

Not sure if anybody else has mentioned this rather sobering stat but in the Great Escape season then by April 18th 2015 after our 2-0 win over Swansea we were 3 points better off than we are now with six left to pl;ay - so a win against Wolves next weekend will see us also on 28 points with 6 left to play, as in 2015! All a super tall order!

• Like 1

On 15/04/2023 at 12:45, Stinky said:

I'm not on about the Belgian guy at Milan you tit lol kettle is the bodo glimt manager I think, or manager of some Norwegian club. Failing that he's definitely just some Norwegian bloke with a name that reads like kettle 

Russell Hobbs?