Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

23 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Rodgers takes a huge chunk of the blame obviously. Crested a negative culture and drained confidence that noone seems to be able to rescue. Not even sure he lost the dressing room, he just brainwashed them into believe they were the problem. 

But, the inability to invest in the squad for consecutive windows has lead to this. Whether it was Rodgers, or Rudkin inability to sign or sell anyone, I don't know. But lack of investment in the playing side will cost you eventually. 

If Nacho, Daka, Mendy, Praet, Iverson, Soyunchu, Vestegaard possibly even Soumare had been given a few more minutes, I'd have more sympathy for the lack of investment. We have a 25 man squad and we've only been mostly selecting from 17. When you consider injuries that then rules out Ricardo, Justin, Evans, Bertrand. So we have a 25 man squad and have only really used 13/25. 48% of the squad isn't being used. 

Edited by Beachyboy

There have been talks of other big teams eying a bargain with our best players if we get relegated. Names such as Barnes, Maddison, Justin, Castagne have been mentioned. Of course, right now, we also have Tielemans and Soyuncu who are going on a free and will be well sought after.  These are five top players who can walk into many teams.  Then you have Ricardo, Nacho, Mendy who I highly rate. You also have other internationals - Ndidi (but he has been very poor), Mendy, Souttar, Faes, etc.

It is unbelievable we can go down with this squad. Compare to other teams we should be comfortably in the top half of the table. What a mess Rodgers has left us in (and yes the Board should have acted in the summer when Rodgers made his position already untenable due to his comments on his players and the Board (and that is without even taking into account the decline he has already started two seasons before with the first choke and then the second choke).

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Liverpool win would make a fairly good set of results for us this weekend, given we went into it with the toughest fixture. Next weekend is massive as it could pull us back up into the pack a bit more. Surely Liverpool will be willing to let us beat them and send Everton down too?

I see people are still vastly overrating Dyche too. Acting like the guy has never been relegated before. 

21 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Need to win 4 from 7 when we’ve won 7 all season, need to go from the leagues worst form team to one of the best! 

And yet we are 2 points behind team who have won a similar amount all season.....

43 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Need to win 4 from 7 when we’ve won 7 all season, need to go from the leagues worst form team to one of the best! 

Agree. 

But most teams, even us, string together three or four results on the spin at some point. We did earlier this season and went from adrift at the bottom on 1 point to 12th inside a month. 

That's what I'm clinging to. Might we just find some form right at the death? Might, say, Everton or West Ham falter right at the wrong moment? 

25 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Liverpool win would make a fairly good set of results for us this weekend, given we went into it with the toughest fixture. Next weekend is massive as it could pull us back up into the pack a bit more. Surely Liverpool will be willing to let us beat them and send Everton down too?

I see people are still vastly overrating Dyche too. Acting like the guy has never been relegated before. 

Yeah Dyche basically sent Burnley down last season.

Hard to blame him for them going in 2015 but last seasons relegation for Burnley was his doing 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

I reckon 3 wins and a draw might do it. The way it's going 35 points could well keep you up. I don't see those around you beating that Total with the run ins they have. 

• Like 1

Well I was convinced at the weekend that it was three from four. I've changed my mind after the game last night. It's three from five. I thought Leeds had enough spirit and attacking quality to get them out. They're involved.

9 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Well I was convinced at the weekend that it was three from four. I've changed my mind after the game last night. It's three from five. I thought Leeds had enough spirit and attacking quality to get them out. They're involved.

They’re more than involved - they’re disintegrating at exactly the right time. If we beat them next Tuesday (and there is no excuse not to), we will very likely finish above them. 

35 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I think 3 wins and a draw does it. 

Surely achievable given the fixtures!? 

Nothing I've seen in the previous 4 months (except that fantastic 2 game run of form vs. Spurs & Villa) makes it look achievable.

But it can be done.

If we fail to beat Wolves then we're down, we won't win 3 of the last 6 games.

• Like 2

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nothing I've seen in the previous 4 months (except that fantastic 2 game run of form vs. Spurs & Villa) makes it look achievable.

But it can be done.

If we fail to beat Wolves then we're down, we won't win 3 of the last 6 games.

Bang on - it’s all about Saturday- just win this 1 - win it and the belief and form could turn iv no doubt about it - unlikely we will be good enough over the last 7 but win on Saturday and things could change rapidly - it’s not probable but it’s certainly not impossible either 

• Like 2

In the great escape it was a 4 game win run that started it. We started that one after a spirited performance against a good Spurs team - a lot of what ifs had we taken our chances. 

We then went on to beat a good midtable team at home. 

After we faced two teams who were down there with us and another who were on course for a comfortable mid-table finish. 

Omens or clutching at straws, your pick. 

15 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Wolves is the one. Lost this and the team will give up. Win it and they'll go on a run. It's make or break now 

What about if it is a draw? A win is definitely needed because we are 2 points off the team above us and they are in the relegation zone aswell. 

12 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

What about if it is a draw? A win is definitely needed because we are 2 points off the team above us and they are in the relegation zone aswell. 

A win against Wolves and we'll be on fire. Lose and we'll freeze for the rest of the season.

Draw and we'll be like lukewarm water. 

• Like 1