Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Projected line for safety at the moment is 34, but that model seemed to have Southampton on 30 which seems generous. 33-35 would put us there or thereabouts I think. 35 is probably a reasonable target and has a decent chance of keeping us up.

The standard is so bad terrible and inconsistent at the bottom you don't need to win x amount of games. You just need one more win (or 3 more points) than the rest of them. 

Personally I think you can do that given everyone's fixtures left. I'm sure you'll get enough of a reaction to a new manager to get that. Just not against us please ;)

• Like 1

Apart from the final-day fixtures which all kick off at the same time, I do often wonder if prior knowledge of all one's rivals' results helps at all. If it does, then maybe the penultimate round of fixtures should also all kick off at the same time, especially when the struggle for survival is so incredibly tight.

Regarding City's best hope of survival, surely it'll be that they just require 3 other clubs to 'fluff their lines' more than we do in the coming weeks.

As regards talking about being 2 or 3 points from safety - what does that really mean when there are still 7 matches to play? Even the clubs immediately above the line are in great danger!

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

The standard is so bad terrible and inconsistent at the bottom you don't need to win x amount of games. You just need one more win (or 3 more points) than the rest of them. 

Personally I think you can do that given everyone's fixtures left. I'm sure you'll get enough of a reaction to a new manager to get that. Just not against us please ;)

Sod off, you’re safe already and don’t need the points, we do!

22 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

you and every other leicester supporter

...think I  will give that a miss!!!

We have had situations where we had everything to gain, and fell apart attempting to make it work.

Let's get this done, we need to get the positivity in a run of  games  and we do not have to rely on the last game.

• Like 1

Only scenario I see 34 pts being enough is if we beat those around us .. any sort of form from our competitors makes it very unlikely 34 will be enough, especially if some of those points are taken from us. Absolute must win against Leeds and Everton, then who knows. Will be great if that's on the back of a win against wolves, don't think we can get any further behind those above us tbh, so wolves hugely important in that respect.

If you trust the bookies odds this was actually not a bad weekend for us despite losing, simply as we lost a game we were always going to. We went into the weekend 4/6 to be relegated and have come out of it 5/6.

15 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I don't think I could bare to watch, especially if survival was hinging on a VAR decision. :sweating:

I'd be amazed if we didn't need something v West Ham. 

Would mean an amazing upturn in form & confidence. 

However, we have a good recent record on final games of the season with something on it:ph34r:

2 hours ago, squidsworth said:

Only scenario I see 34 pts being enough is if we beat those around us .. any sort of form from our competitors makes it very unlikely 34 will be enough, especially if some of those points are taken from us. Absolute must win against Leeds and Everton, then who knows. Will be great if that's on the back of a win against wolves, don't think we can get any further behind those above us tbh, so wolves hugely important in that respect.

Teams tend to either pick up at the bottom or crash out. Rarely is there a middle way. 

Yet we've left ourselves in a situation where we have to hope / plan for forest and Everton getting 2 wins and 2 draws and as such, 35 points. Leeds to pick up 1 win and 3 draws, so 36 points. I happen to think West Ham are total Garbage..let's hope they only get a win and 2 draws. 

Leaves - as a minimum -   3 wins and 2 draws

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If you trust the bookies odds this was actually not a bad weekend for us despite losing, simply as we lost a game we were always going to. We went into the weekend 4/6 to be relegated and have come out of it 5/6.

The projection model were the same. Ev losing one of their winnable home games 

I think within the game there's a respect for our quality but so many questions about the attitude. A win under a new manager, hopefully with a strong performance, and I reckon things will change.

We're all over the place at the minute, No midfield, teams getting at our defense to easily.

And struggling to score goals up top. Not exactly what we need going into must win games.

We need Youri and Mads back to their best.

The Defence to be strong and the forwards to be brave and better than they have been. 

Not much to ask for with just 8 games.

That first win is so important and crucial to confidence and belief.

31 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think within the game there's a respect for our quality but so many questions about the attitude. A win under a new manager, hopefully with a strong performance, and I reckon things will change.

I think that could be our saving grace as we have new management while Leeds, Everton, Forest and Southampton are not really in a postion to change plus they have worse run ins