Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...think I  will give that a miss!!!

We have had situations where we had everything to gain, and fell apart attempting to make it work.

Let's get this done, we need to get the positivity in a run of  games  and we do not have to rely on the last game.

is it one point out of the last 27 plus a loss against blackburn  in the cup , and you would not take a win in the last game against west ham at home to stay up where have you been for the last ten games, plus if you need a win to stay up then a draw would possibly do if the other teams did not win

23 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

is it one point out of the last 27 plus a loss against blackburn  in the cup , and you would not take a win in the last game against west ham at home to stay up where have you been for the last ten games, plus if you need a win to stay up then a draw would possibly do if the other teams did not win

...you have seen what happens on the last day when we needed a result, and it hasn't been that long ago!!!

For the two top 5 finishes when we needed a result, we seem to go out of our way to manage to mess up on the last day. I do not trust this team with a 2 -0 lead with a minute of extra time to go, the Spurs game was particularly galling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

The projection model were the same. Ev losing one of their winnable home games 

It's just simply the nature of the fact it was 3 from 9. A bad result for Everton is better for us than a good result for Bournemouth is bad.

Everton losing 1-3 to an on the beach Fulham with no Mitrovic makes me think they're in the shit themselves. I was quite confident they'd win that.

22 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Teams tend to either pick up at the bottom or crash out. Rarely is there a middle way. 

Yet we've left ourselves in a situation where we have to hope / plan for forest and Everton getting 2 wins and 2 draws and as such, 35 points. Leeds to pick up 1 win and 3 draws, so 36 points. I happen to think West Ham are total Garbage..let's hope they only get a win and 2 draws. 

Leaves - as a minimum -   3 wins and 2 draws

Yeah I'd think 36 will probably do it, let's hope the others don't pick up their form and we beat those around us (the damning thing about your logic though is we're one those 'crashing' right now so we won't turn it around?).

Just think it's going to be mighty difficult if we don't get at least a point in Saturday.  If the worse happens on Saturday and we lose, you begin to think we cant lose again thereafter. And what's the odds of that given our season and the fact we play Newcastle and Liverpool in the last 6, who will both be wanting the points as much we do? Each of the next 3 games are equally massive starting on Saturday.  No room to mess up anymore. If we get 7 or 9pts from them, then we maybe able allow a slip up after. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I'm sure it's been said but if we do go down we will really have deserved it. 

Performances have been pitiful at times and there are 5 teams that have absolutely stunk the place out - unfortunately we are on of them 

Agreed, giving Southampton and Bournemouth 6 points is absolutely sickening. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

If we can't pick up necessary points in next 3 games we deserve to go down. Been a terrible season with multiple factors contributing to our position. Would like to think the players are bothered but not convinced. Second half performance against Man City was masked by them making 5 changes. Think Wolves will turn us over tomorrow.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I'm sure it's been said but if we do go down we will really have deserved it. 

Performances have been pitiful at times and there are 5 teams that have absolutely stunk the place out - unfortunately we are on of them 

We've underperformed as heavily as any team I can remember at this level. The fact we've had a few big wins this season is testament to that, proves they're capable.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sly said:

If Smith, Shakespeare and Terry save us, they deserve a bloody medal. 

I wouldn’t be against giving them another year or 2 providing the football improves as well as results. 

30 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I wouldn’t be against giving them another year or 2 providing the football improves as well as results. 

I think a lot will depend on John Terry. At first i thought he was only going to be doing this until the end of the season no matter what. However, after looking at his inta, it looks like he is currently all in.

23 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

its gonna be pretty grim even if we do somehow stay up. going to have bring in a lot of cheap from the championship

Championship players are not always cheap. I expect they'll be enough money sloshing about if we stay up. The club were ready to spend £30m on deadline day for Jack Harrison. That never got used (over simplified, probably) plus we have 8 out-of-contract players come June. Together with Madders going for what will still be a hefty sum.