Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Southampton very unlikely to not get any points at all for rest of the season, we need to get some ourselves! If we get the win tomorrow there point doesn’t matter as much if we don’t win it then we’re gonna go down and that’s what we will have deserved

• Thanks 1

I thought we were dead and buried after Bournemouth and my opinion hasn’t really changed. I’m not sure how 45 minutes against a Manchester City that was going through the motions, reinstalls that much confidence. 

However …….

We still need to sort that defence and that means keeping Ward, Amartey and Faes away from it. We also need to put Vardy out to pasture as well and play Iheanacho. 

We do have talent in this squad and even if we showed that little bit more fight, we can do this. 

• Thanks 1

I am on the fence with this one. The Bournemouth game gave a true reflection of how the team was run under BR. Put yourself in the teams view that some players worry for their place in the team and a small group who have a new job lined up come summer transfer. With this in mind our ship (which is full of holes/ injuries) has a new Captain and his assitants but they are trying to stop us hitting the Iceberg. 7 to go.. 10 games without a win... No Premier League Goal Keeper... last ditch attempt to change Management. The Club have to take it on the chin. Everyone holding their breath... I can see a movie deal from Hollywood MGM, Paramount or Lionsgate..

28 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

As much as mathematically it doesn't, I think our plight depends totally on today's game against Wolves.  I honestly believe if we win, we draw enough confidence to get the points needed to stay up. Draw or lose however and it's curtains, even with 6 or so to play after this one.  If we can't up our game from this afternoon, it's not going to happen.

Bang on. Good chance for Everton and Leeds to get points today. So any points lost makes them more unrealistic to catch on the forthcoming two games. Psychologically a hammer blow 

Edited by CosbehFox

I have seen nothing that makes me think that we can escape relegation. This one will be my eighth, so is nothing new. I think the manner of this one will hurt the most. But, yes it was all over after Bournmouth.

28 minutes ago, sishades said:

I have seen nothing that makes me think that we can escape relegation. This one will be my eighth, so is nothing new. I think the manner of this one will hurt the most. But, yes it was all over after Bournmouth.

Agreed, the table looks pretty desperate now, I’ve been supporting since the late 1970’s and can’t remember a worse season of mismanagement of a good group of players, win today and they’ll be some hope but we need 3 wins on the bounce now to pull away just a little. 
Tragic that it’s come to this and our players must take responsibility for the position we’re in.

That being said we are due a bit of luck, maybe it’s today. 

3 from 5 I reckon now… something just tells me Everton won’t go down. I was expecting them to lose today, and it sounded like they were lucky not to, but they’re not an easy team to play against. 

West Ham will be fine, got 2 games in hand. 

Leeds are the team I think we can reach, so Tuesday is massive… even if we just draw we keep them in it - but another win would be massive 

IMG_7773.jpeg

Edited by TMELcfc
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

3 from 5 I reckon now… something just tells me Everton won’t go down. I was expecting them to lose today, and it sounded like they were lucky not to, but they’re not an easy team to play against. 

West Ham will be fine, got 2 games in hand. 

Leeds are the team I think we can reach, so Tuesday is massive… even if we just draw we keep them in it - but another win would be massive 

IMG_7773.jpeg

Good post. I also think West Ham should be ok, but they have an awful run in. 

• Like 1

I think Southampton and Forest will be gone, then one from us, Everton and Leeds.  If West Ham lose to Bournemouth then I'd put them in the mix too, but they should have enough to stay in the division.

Our season boils down to the next two games.  Win them both, we'll be fine, lose them both and it's curtains.  Anything inbetween and it's out of our hands and we'll only have ourselves (and Brendan) to blame.

• Like 1

Bloody happy with the win. The next two games are the ones we need to win. If we can jag a draw here and there from the last games then that’s a Bonus and we’ll definitely stay up. But it does all come down to other results as well as ours.