Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Hitting bottom will certainly concentrate the minds of the decision makers at LCFC, but I expect the Board will wait, probably until after the Spurs game, before parting company with Rodgers. Our upcoming fixtures would be tough for an interim/new coach to take on, and if a new coach has not yet been lined up then it gives them a little more time to find one. A fresh start beginning with Forest at home and some winnable fixtures after that would re-energize the players and the fans and we would shoot up the table. 

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

How much is down to Top or Ruskin I have no idea, but their clearly are issues and have been failings well above Rodgers’ head.

The fact we let a long-standing goalkeeper go and couldn’t even replace him with another proper goalkeeper and so just promoted our back-up is worrying, as is the distinct lack of movement in replacements for Fofana.

At some point, we’ve overspent on contracts and got into a position where we’re currently financially unsustainable and in a position where we have to cut back to the obvious detriment to the quality of our playing squad. Clearly people above Rodgers have to take a large share of the blame for this as well. He isn’t the one issuing our contracts.

I want to see a new manager, but the way some of you are going on like everything will be solved once he goes reminds me of ManUtd fans with Moyes, then van Gaal, then Mourinho, then Solkjaer etc. etc. Our issues right now sadly run deeper than that and I think it’s going to many years of seeing our squad structurally get weaker and weaker without serious investment.

I think some of you are seriously burying your heads in the sand over this and don’t want to admit there are serious issues here above Rodgers’ head alongside the obvious failings of Rodgers’ himself.

If Top and the Board have had one failing it is probably having had too much faith in Rodgers and letting him have too much control and influence. Looks like that is changing thankfully. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How is that relevant to our current situation? 

It's relevant because teams have proven they can turn round crap starts, even losing their first 6 matches I would have thought that was obvious.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Finally board and so called Top is frequently mentioned and people are getting closer to bigger problem than Brendan Rodgers 

They are at fault as much as Rodgers.

• Like 2

Guest itude
9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes it would, but this isn’t a reality show, we should not expect time to made available to sate our thirst for the minutiae 

Who is asking for the minutiae exactly ?

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's relevant because teams have proven they can turn round crap starts, even losing their first 6 matches I would have thought that was obvious.

True but having blown two CL placings with shocking runs, are you confident that Rodgers is really capable of lifting us out of this sort of situation?  

27 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Crystal Palace lost their first 6 games one season, under Hodgson I think.

They sacked De Boer after five games (four league defeats and a win in the league cup) and then appointed Hodgson who kept them up.

Guest StevieLynex
33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Crystal Palace lost their first 6 games one season, under Hodgson I think.

We lost our first six games in 1983/84 and survived

8 minutes ago, l444ry said:

If Top and the Board have had one failing it is probably having had too much faith in Rodgers and letting him have too much control and influence. Looks like that is changing thankfully. 

But he hasn’t had control over the handing out of contracts or a large amount of handling of our astronomical wage bill at all. The board above him have failed at quite a serious level with regards to the fact our wages to revenue are far higher than other clubs around us and have become unsustainable. Trying to say “oh it’s because they have Rodgers too much control” as if he personally negotiated every contract and every contract renewal  is exactly the type of burying your head in the sand I’m talking about. 

I want Rodgers gone but we’ve seriously screwed up somewhere at a financial level above him and are having to cut back. A new manager won’t suddenly make that right.

Edited by Sampson

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Guest said:

They sacked De Boer after five games (four league defeats and a win in the league cup) and then appointed Hodgson who kept them up.

Get Woy in

Guest itude
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Well we don’t seem to trust particularly easily and claim we only moan as we don’t know what’s going on

That doesn't equate to wanting all the minutiae.It would be helpful to have even a general statement of some kind , if only to stop at least some of the speculation.

Top has to take a lot of the responsibility for that, he is the owner, he has a mouth, doesn't he ?

Is he totally unaware of the way most of us are feeling then ?

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

True but having blown two CL placings with shocking runs, are you confident that Rodgers is really capable of lifting us out of this sort of situation?  

No, Rodgers needs to go, I've always said the players are good enough but I can't see Rodgers turning it round.

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Yes you are right, although turns out after consulting wikipedia Crystal Palace lost their first 7 games and 9 out of their first 11 in 2017-18.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard123 said:

I'm not worried about relegation after 4 games 🙈.

Why? Because I trust Top and his family. Keep your heads. It's a tough start but there are many factors causing this.

Yes Brendan is done here and will likely be sacked soon. 

But assuming we will certainly be relegated after 4 games is crazy.

Trust our owners. 

Exactly, four games. Forest were bottom of the championship last season after more than 4 games, they made changes and are now in the PL. 

4 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

The heads of the players have dropped this early in the season, it has been in the making for the last 18 months and the board have been blindsided, they can't let us go down, it would be catastrophic for the club.

They won’t, Ranieri won us the league and he was sacked so they will do what’s required. 

3 minutes ago, itude said:

That doesn't equate to wanting all the minutiae.It would be helpful to have even a general statement of some kind , if only to stop at least some of the speculation.

Top has to take a lot of the responsibility for that, he is the owner, he has a mouth, doesn't he ?

Is he totally unaware of the way most of us are feeling then ?

Doubtful, sure he gets reports, but he has a business to run, and you cannot expect him to provide weekly reports or such nonsense. It’s not like we provide the funding for the club any longer.

Although maybe the programme would be the opportunity to do this?

But to be honest, with the wilful way people twist and misconstrue every single quote or statement made by the manager, do we really think it would help?   lol

So fans will be satisfied that we will stay in PL

They will praise board for it and will bully others who were concerned about bottom position

Thats the real problem here - the bar is getting low and right now 12-13-14th position will be enough for a lot people 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

But he hasn’t had control over the handing out of contracts or a large amount of handling of our astronomical wage bill at all. The board above him have failed at quite a serious level with regards to the fact our wages to revenue are far higher than other clubs around us and have become unsustainable. Trying to say “oh it’s because they have Rodgers too much control” as if he personally negotiated every contract and every contract renewal  is exactly the type of burying your head in the sand I’m talking about. 

Was trying to be constructive but putting a straw man argument like this ignores the shocking transfers IN that we've made under Rodgers. I don't disagree with much you say but this is the virtually the same Board that took us to heady heights in the first place with a proven model. Wasn't it Brendan that wanted a large squad to compete in the Europa League? We blew that tournament in a group we should have easily qualified from and failed to qualify again at all last season. Now we are reaping what was sowed.

1 minute ago, tsintskaro said:

So fans will be satisfied that we will stay in PL

They will praise board for it and will bully others who were concerned about bottom position

Thats the real problem here - the bar is getting low and right now 12-13-14th position will be enough for a lot people 

Have you seen our form last season apart dead rubbers at the end of the season…..I would snatch your hand off for 14th this season and Rodgers gone now!

No one accepts that especially the owners but we need a shake up to be even competitive and I don’t agree this squad of players are too good to go down ….we need at least 2 or 3 starters - keeper, centre back and winger minimum