Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

42 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I still think we are down, more so because we don't seem to be getting the rub or luck. Newcastle and Pool still to play as well, will probably need a win on the last day as I see it going to the wire. 

Leeds have Man C and Newcastle.

Everton have Newcastle and Man C

Forest have Arsenal and Chelsea

Everyone has tough fixtures.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, now the euphoria of Vardy's equaliser has worn off, the pendulum of belief and confidence we will stay up is teetering.

I'm back to obsessing over the other teams fixtures and I do think it's going to be one of those seasons where last game of the season all 3 places could still be up for grabs as Forest and Southampton aren't out of it at all. Forest have some winnable games which bothers me.

Forest have not game in 10.

Everton 2 wins in 10

Leeds 3 in 10.

Everton this Monday is massive win and I think we have put ourselves in a good position.

Southampton are 5 point behind us and have won 6 in 32 games, I don't see them winning 2 or 3 in 6.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Can’t see us getting anything v West Ham last game if anything depends on it - based on our proven ability to bottle end of season big games - but wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Liverpool. 

When Villa were nearly relegated in 17/18, Deano got a point away to West Ham on the last day to keep us in the PL. He can do it :)

Edited by Begley
  • Like 1

I saw enough last night to keep me believing however I still need more...for me there wasn't enough good attacking football and at times the players looked nervous on the ball (hesitant)...there was some fight but not enough for me....needs to go up a notch

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I repeat. Last night was a shocking result. Other teams will grind a result or 2 out on pure spirit, we don’t have it. We don’t beat teams we should beat, let alone those who are better than us. 

I reminds me of Atletico Madrid away, people thinking a 1-0 loss was a good result. 

Guest Col city fan

When I look at our position I’m seething.

I know that ‘hate’ is a very strong word but I can’t help feeling hate for Rodgers.

Not playing to our strengths, consistently overlooking Soyuncu and playing Ward for so long is just criminal really. He’s really fooked us over in the end.

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We just need to do our job. No one else will do it for us. 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses should keep us up. And it's not unrealistic for us. Monday is huge and a win there could kick us on 

Exactly. It’s still in our own hands. Monday is the big one and if we can win that then I think we’ll be ok. I’m not overly fussed that Forest have won tonight, it doesn’t change our objective.