Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Exactly. It’s still in our own hands. Monday is the big one and if we can win that then I think we’ll be ok. I’m not overly fussed that Forest have won tonight, it doesn’t change our objective.

You’re right that it doesn’t change the objective but it is not in our own hands and it’s better that the teams around us gain as few points as possible.

Just now, oadby.fox said:

You’re right that it doesn’t change the objective but it is not in our own hands and it’s better that the teams around us gain as few points as possible.

Well it is in our own hands. If we get more points than those in the battle with us, we stay up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Goal difference.

A draw for us and a defeat for them takes us out of the relegation zone and they're away at Brentford next. 

The fact we score plenty could be massive come last knockings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Agree. We were all reasonably positive yesterday. Yes we wanted that win, but it was looking like a defeat, and we got a point. Vardy looked sharp. The fans played their part.

We can't let this Forest result suddenly change everything. Win our next, and they lose theirs, and it's all change again. We're not adrift. It's one point from safety.

Need to keep positive. Got to create an atmosphere on Monday, and not let nerves from the terraces creep onto the pitch.

It's just as doable for us as the rest.

Good Post. Despite some pessimism on here, Even after tonights results the odds to get relegated have us as favourites to stay up out of the bottom 5 with Bournemouth looking in danger of being sucked in.

Screenshot_20230426_215616.jpg

Leeds and Forest on paper have tougher run ins than us. Everton’s is quite tricky too. Win our next two games and we will stay up. Sounds simple, but trying to be positive. 

• Like 3

Just now, FoxOfMelton said:

I'm on holiday for the last 4 games. First holiday in 15 years.

These ****ers are going to ruin it 😭

I’m on a plane that leaves 10 minutes after kick off on the final day 😬

Performances have improved slightly for us, but after last nights match against Leeds, I didn't see enough to convince me we will do enough, I think the manager change was just too late, to have the desired effect, off course I prey I'm wrong, it's all just a bit of a mess, and I'm not happy with myself for even thinking like this.

As always the team have to focus on our level of performance in our games, which while difficult playing Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday - has to be the sole focus if we want to get out of this. The only thing we can affect and be judge from are our own performances, and as fans we have to push the players as much as possible.

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Leeds and Forest on paper have tougher run ins than us. Everton’s is quite tricky too. Win our next two games and we will stay up. Sounds simple, but trying to be positive. 

thats my thinking too, 6/7 points and id say you could be safe,

but this season has been bonkers so atm, i dont have a clue

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Pretty furious about this now to be honest, to delay sacking Rodgers so long, missing opportunity after opportunity to leave us in what is close to an unrecoverable situation and then to compound that by then lumbering us with two ludicrously out of their depth and clueless caretaker managers for 2 vital games was absolutely disastrous and really, really unforgivable from the owners, we would never have lost to Bournemouth with Smith in charge, he would have been ready to start on the Monday for the Villa game had we had any common sense at the club, instead we fawned over a clearly ludicrous candidate in Jesse Marsch and have left a poor quality rival 4 points ahead of us with a -32 goal difference.

I was OK looking at the table when we got out of the bottom 3. Will just to hope we can escape but as others have said if we drop it will be the club's own fault.