Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Leeds and Forest on paper have tougher run ins than us. Everton’s is quite tricky too. Win our next two games and we will stay up. Sounds simple, but trying to be positive. 

I just don't see forest as having a tougher run in than us, they have Brentford, Palace, Chelsea with nothing to play for, Southampton may have given up by then, and Arsenal which are bottling it. I would say our easiest games are likely to be Fulham and West Ham who will be safe, Everton will battle and could go either way, and Newcastle and Liverpool will just be too good for us. They have fighters, and we have players who'll be off at the end of the season

2 minutes ago, Cosmik said:

We are gone. If we'd have sacked the Leprechaun 20 games earlier we'd be cool. So it's on Aiyawatt

If we lost to Wolves last weekend, I'd agree with you. But Top and the board have to be called into question for allowing BR to stay as long as he did.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Pretty furious about this now to be honest, to delay sacking Rodgers so long, missing opportunity after opportunity to leave us in what is close to an unrecoverable situation and then to compound that by then lumbering us with two ludicrously out of their depth and clueless caretaker managers for 2 vital games was absolutely disastrous and really, really unforgivable from the owners, we would never have lost to Bournemouth with Smith in charge, he would have been ready to start on the Monday for the Villa game had we had any common sense at the club, instead we fawned over a clearly ludicrous candidate in Jesse Marsch and have left a poor quality rival 4 points ahead of us with a -32 goal difference.

I feel your frustration and anger, the people running the club have alot to ponder about, I think their trust in BR was misplaced, I will be glad to see the back of this season.

My only hope is we somehow remain in the Prem at the end, I'm not convinced we will, but no matter what I'll be backing the team either in the Prem or in the Championship next season 

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Pretty furious about this now to be honest, to delay sacking Rodgers so long, missing opportunity after opportunity to leave us in what is close to an unrecoverable situation and then to compound that by then lumbering us with two ludicrously out of their depth and clueless caretaker managers for 2 vital games was absolutely disastrous and really, really unforgivable from the owners, we would never have lost to Bournemouth with Smith in charge, he would have been ready to start on the Monday for the Villa game had we had any common sense at the club, instead we fawned over a clearly ludicrous candidate in Jesse Marsch and have left a poor quality rival 4 points ahead of us with a -32 goal difference.

We were lucky not to lose to a poor Leeds yesterday, Rodgers has some blame but a lot of blame needs to be laid at the foot of the club, they really messed up

Edited by splinterdream

So tonight has left me feeling more deflated and down than it probably should, especially considering we didn’t play. I said a week back that I’d take 7 points from these 3 games and were a win off achieving that but I just can’t for the life of me find faith in us tonight.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We were lucky not to lose to a poor Leeds yesterday, Rodgers has some blame but a lot of blame needs to be laid at the foot of the club, they really messed up

Must have seen a different game to me. I didn't think we were lucky at all. Deserved to win if anything by the end. We were the better team in the second 45 by a long way. If we beat Everton, we will get the points we need from other games to stay up. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I just don't see forest as having a tougher run in than us, they have Brentford, Palace, Chelsea with nothing to play for, Southampton may have given up by then, and Arsenal which are bottling it. I would say our easiest games are likely to be Fulham and West Ham who will be safe, Everton will battle and could go either way, and Newcastle and Liverpool will just be too good for us. They have fighters, and we have players who'll be off at the end of the season

Forest also have the worst away record in the league. Brentford still have an outside chance of Europe. Arsenal may be bottling it, but they’ll be too good for them. Same with Chelsea. 

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We were also unlucky not too beat them too.

there will be twists and turns all the way until the last day.

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Must have seen a different game to me. I didn't think we were lucky at all. Deserved to win if anything by the end. We were the better team in the second 45 by a long way. If we beat Everton, we will get the points we need from other games to stay up. 

Bamford missed a sitter but I grant you it was an odd game. I don't think we dominated though, a point was a fair result 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Forest also have the worst away record in the league. Brentford still have an outside chance of Europe. Arsenal may be bottling it, but they’ll be too good for them. Same with Chelsea. 

Chelsea who have lost 5 games in a row under Lampard? They're shite. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

It's seeing their fight tonight, I just didnt see that in us yesterday. Perhaps I'm being pessimistic 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Chelsea who have lost 5 games in a row under Lampard? They're shite. 

Have you seen their run in?

Be surprised if they get beyond 42 points.

Edited by Tuna

11 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I feel your frustration and anger, the people running the club have alot to ponder about, I think their trust in BR was misplaced, I will be glad to see the back of this season.

My only hope is we somehow remain in the Prem at the end, I'm not convinced we will, but no matter what I'll be backing the team either in the Prem or in the Championship next season 

Sadly if we had lost to Brentford he would have been sacked then.  But would we have got Marsch, Smith & the boys have got them to fight.

We blew it Palace week, 3pts that week i.e. 3 draws & we would be well placed.

If we had put a couple of tackles in, would have got an undeserved draw at Palace.

If KDH had shown control, Villa fans & STH's said we were the better side, we'd have got a point.

We'd have got at least a point if we had been unbeaten the 2 games before and maybe Driver wasn't manager, that team selection was a joke.

If we go down, that was the week that blew it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

But on thr flip side we were actually also very unlucky in the end not to win... 

This whole season has in general been like a slow motion car crash, it just has that feel now that we are doomed even though we have every opportunity to get out of it. It’s not necessarily relegation I’m fearful of, I’ve seen a few, more what happens next. The optimist in me says the club will do a root and branch review and come straight back with renewed determination and this season will just be a blip in an otherwise amazing period for the club. The pessimist inside me is wary if the owners have the passion they did between 2010-2014 to get us up. If they don’t it gets messy and we become like Stoke, West Brom and Birmingham and sink into mediocrity. Come on Leicester, do your bloody jobs and we can all have a relaxing few pints after the West Ham game.