Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

7 hours ago, MalletFox said:

I’m worried now that both Forest and Bournemouth have still got to play those jokers, they’re genuinely winnable games now against that comedy show!

Palace as well, who are already dropping their performances.  Teams with nothing to play for are better games than those fighting relegation imo.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think Brighton we’re she’ll shocked. They could have put that game to bed in the first half. Forest gave up a lot of chances, you’d think the likes of Brentford would probably exploit that. As some have said, they took an opportunity against a wounded Brighton.

It comes down to Monday. Win that and it puts in a great position. 

I really can’t see Newcastle losing tomorrow…. They’re just too good!

This is what its coming down too, all we need to do is win most of our games, dont matter who it is but if we get enough points on the board we will finish above enough teams to stay up.

Beat Everton, West Ham and beat Fulham we will be on 38 points, that will be enough to not care about others results.

We getting the chances in games now, but need to up how clinical we are. (for this reason I can kind of see why they placed faith in vardy, not convinced with daka, and nacho wont get enough goals by himself).

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Maybe you want to open your eyes, did you watch the Forest game? I said I didn't see the fight in us that there was with forest. There are players that have it with us but some didn't for me yesterday.

Occasionally fight and desire can take you further than your true worth.  That's what Notts Forest have.  They are an awful team, that lacks so much in quality.  Gibbs-White the exception, but I've not seen them look good in any game this season, they've got by, by fight and desire, and riding their luck.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Occasionally fight and desire can take you further than your true worth.  That's what Notts Forest have.  They are an awful team, that lacks so much in quality.  Gibbs-White the exception, but I've not seen them look good in any game this season, they've got by, by fight and desire, and riding their luck.  

Doesn't matter how you survive, just need to survive relegation 

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s mad how people were happy with a point against Leeds but now Forest have won, we are down again? Our objective hasn’t changed. 

Perspective changed without even playing 😭

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think Brighton we’re she’ll shocked. They could have put that game to bed in the first half. Forest gave up a lot of chances, you’d think the likes of Brentford would probably exploit that. As some have said, they took an opportunity against a wounded Brighton.

It comes down to Monday. Win that and it puts in a great position. 

I really can’t see Newcastle losing tomorrow…. They’re just too good!

Watch a Dyche messy 1-0 win coming up. 

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Jeez, I’m pleased l don’t have to be in the trenches next to some you lot ! 
Nothing has changed. We had to beat Everton before last night, we still need to beat them. 
I agree, Rodgers should’ve gone months ago. 

Just wait until tonight when either Southampton, Bournemouth or both will take points when they play each other

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

It’s mad how people were happy with a point against Leeds but now Forest have won, we are down again? Our objective hasn’t changed. 

Our objective is to have more points than 3 teams. If the sides around us win games and raise the points total needed then the objective (in terms of how many points that is) changes.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

It's not much of a shock that they won either given the circumstances.

15 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Our objective is to have more points than 3 teams. If the sides around us win games and raise the points total needed then the objective (in terms of how many points that is) changes.

That's why I said go for 37 minimum, voice that message to the players get in the mindset this is our destiny, then if others drop points it's a cherry on top. So many are focusing on us dropping 2 points against Leeds, not even taking into account we were losing until 80 minutes and the Bamford chance where we can easily have lost.

We need to take a beat, and just support the boys. 

I think as well that we’re the only team to have gone on a winning run on games? As we did prior to the World Cup? So we’ve got it in us to win three or four in a row. I don’t think anyone else does. 

Only one of the teams down there will go on a run, not all of them. Forest will lose again, as will Everton and the rest of them. 

We just need to beat Everton. Our goal difference is like an extra point anyway, so we’ve got that in the bag. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Yeah obviously. But had we beat Leeds, we’d have still needed more wins. So the objective is still the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The objective is to finish above three others though, not to hit a set points target. 

Of course people will be discouraged if those other three are picking up points, which makes the objective harder to achieve.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We need to take a beat, and just support the boys. 

I think as well that we’re the only team to have gone on a winning run on games? As we did prior to the World Cup? So we’ve got it in us to win three or four in a row. I don’t think anyone else does. 

Only one of the teams down there will go on a run, not all of them. Forest will lose again, as will Everton and the rest of them. 

We just need to beat Everton. Our goal difference is like an extra point anyway, so we’ve got that in the bag. 

This is what I keep thinking, when we get a good result a couple usually follow. In isolation Smith has overseen a game we were never going to win, won one that we probably expected a draw from, and picked up a point in one we expected to win but realistically probably weren't guaranteed to get considering Elland road can be a tough place to go. From Wolves, Leeds and Everton 9 points although very much needed was probably going to be a tough ask, 7 points is the next best outcome and we're still on for that. Fulham aren't the team they were earlier in the season, Liverpool are massively hit and miss. Newcastle will be tough and I think will be damage limitation going into the final game against West Ham. Other teams runs are looking more favourable for themselves, but we can't compare, we've got to just back the lads and hope they can do enough to get it over the line. Whatever our grievances with the club, lets take that up at the end of the season or at least when our fate is settled. I can't stand them but we have seen the effect the Leeds (little did it last) and Forest fans had on their sides, if we can bring that to our 3 remaining home games it could be massive.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv

8 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

This is what I keep thinking, when we get a good result a couple usually follow. In isolation Smith has overseen a game we were never going to win, won one that we probably expected a draw from, and picked up a point in one we expected to win but realistically probably weren't guaranteed to get considering Elland road can be a tough place to go. From Wolves, Leeds and Everton 9 points although very much needed was probably going to be a tough ask, 7 points is the next best outcome and we're still on for that. Fulham aren't the team they were earlier in the season, Liverpool are massively hit and miss. Newcastle will be tough and I think will be damage limitation going into the final game against West Ham. Other teams runs are looking more favourable for themselves, but we can't compare, we've got to just back the lads and hope they can do enough to get it over the line. Whatever our grievances with the club, lets take that up at the end of the season or at least when our fate is settled. I can't stand them but we have seen the effect the Leeds (little did it last) and Forest fans had on their sides, if we can bring that to our 3 remaining home games it could be massive.

Exactly this. Beat Everton on Monday and we could be up to 16th.

I really can’t see how anyone can see we or anyone else are gone. There are currently 5 teams locked in a battle for survival, and two or three more that could still get dragged into this mess.

Southampton against Bournemouth tonight could be a belter, Saint win and they are only 3 points from survival and Bournemouth are back in the fight to stay up.

With Bournemouth still having Leeds and Everton to play and Southampton still having to play Forest.

Feels like there is a lot of psychological instability amongst our fanbase - somewhat understandable given the stressful situation we find ourselves in.

Many were overconfident after a point against a lousy Leeds, and were seemingly convinced the rest of the round of fixtures were destined to go our way.

Now after one kinda spirited performance from a relegation rival, we are seemingly destined to go down.

There are still 15 points to play for. Anything can happen. It’s like some folk haven’t followed football before. If we knew how it was gonna go, we’d all be millionaires from betting on it!

Sit back and enjoy the ride. There is nothing else to do.

• Like 3