Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

It's still in our own hands - win the games we should and nick a result in one of the others and we're safe. 

It's more important than ever that we continue to resurrect the Great Escape Spirit and get behind the team. 

Hats off we've come back in 5 games in the last few months and now need to get on top of teams and put them away 

COYB 

Major problem is that we don’t play relegation battle football. We play better football than the other teams, and when it works it is lovely, but it’s fragile and easily affected by nerves. Whilst Leeds’ goal was very good, it was basically still if the “chuck it into the box and eventually the big chap will nod it in” type. We score very few of those sorts of goals and very few headers in general. This is reflected in the lack of goals from our corners. Everton always seem the type that exemplify the “score through pressure” game (practice makes perfect I guess)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

We need to take a beat, and just support the boys. 

I think as well that we’re the only team to have gone on a winning run on games? As we did prior to the World Cup? So we’ve got it in us to win three or four in a row. I don’t think anyone else does. 

Only one of the teams down there will go on a run, not all of them. Forest will lose again, as will Everton and the rest of them. 

We just need to beat Everton. Our goal difference is like an extra point anyway, so we’ve got that in the bag. 

Only just...

Although I suppose 3 winning sequences vs 1, 1, 1 and 0 respectively isn't that bad

image.png.4d2f0eace5cb03a6fbbfbad477836207.png

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

There are still 15 points to play for. Anything can happen. It’s like some folk haven’t followed football before. If we knew how it was gonna go, we’d all be millionaires from betting on it!

Indeed. Also, if we knew how it was gonna go, nobody would be interested. The only thing that makes sport interesting is not knowing how it'll go.

10 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Sit back and enjoy the ride. There is nothing else to do.

This. A thousand times, this.

You have to be happy about the good times when (if) they come (without depending on them for your happiness) and disappointed but not devastated by the bad times when they come along - which they inevitably will. Otherwise it'll drive you mad.

• Like 4

Just now, scarthin said:

Major problem is that we don’t play relegation battle football. We play better football than the other teams, and when it works it is lovely, but it’s fragile and easily affected by nerves. Whilst Leeds’ goal was very good, it was basically still if the “chuck it into the box and eventually the big chap will nod it in” type. We score very few of those sorts of goals and very few headers in general. This is reflected in the lack of goals from our corners. Everton always seem the type that exemplify the “score through pressure” game (practice makes perfect I guess)

This is down to Rodgers and his obsession with purity and style which to be fair was the common thread on this forum as well. Football is a physical game and skill only gets you so far. If Harland was 5-8 instead of 6-4 he would be nowhere near the threat even with the same skill level. Our defense is now physically capable but we are still at a disadvantage further forward. We must rebalance the team especially if we go down.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Just wait until tonight when either Southampton, Bournemouth or both will take points when they play each other

A draw is no good to Saints.

A Saints win, they're still bottom

Bournemouth win, they are safe. 

I don't think we're looking up towards B'mouth anyway. 

Again, a win on Monday keeps it in in our hands. 

Leeds, Saints & Everton (providing we beat them) are in or likely to be in more peril than we are. 

All to play for. 

Pick 11 players with fight and big gonads would help

Kristensen’s brilliant cross and Castagnes great goal, Iheanacho’s goal on Saturday, Iheanacho’s through ball, on to Madison then onto Vardy Tuesday wouldn’t have happened with Tuesdays starting line-up.

Two players screamed out (again) after minutes on Tuesday. Their inclusion and delay in replacing may prove very expensive.

..and it wasn’t just Tuesday

4 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Yes kick off is 2am here in Thailand, it's really ****ing with my mood.

These ***** better stay up 

1am - British summer time means there’s only 5 hours difference. 

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to hit the bars first :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s mad how people were happy with a point against Leeds but now Forest have won, we are down again? Our objective hasn’t changed. 

Understandable because what others do, does then impact on what we need to do. It's all well and good saying just win the final 5 games and we're safe. Correct. But there's so many twists and turns that it's hard to have any degree of certainty what the required points total will be.

I know that I feel much more relieved when those in and around us lose because it means the margin for error for us (currently very close to zero) relaxes a little.

• Like 1

Just now, Daggers said:

1am - British summer time means there’s only 5 hours difference. 

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to hit the bars first :D

Shut up. Dickhead. It’s clearly a six hours difference. ****. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Hats off we've come back in 5 games in the last few months and now need to get on top of teams and put them away 

... that is a bit if a worry for me, as we have yet to score first  under Smith!!! 

The last occasion we took the lead we then sat back and invited pressure on to ourselves. It will be interesting if his attitude to our games is to protect what we have, as opposed to carry on doing what you are doing. 

I am not sure about his tactical nous,  we have played Villa before and beaten them convincingly except when they pressed us in the cup semi-final which pinned us in our own half. The next league game after that we beat them convincingly,  surprising that they chose to play that way,  having found a way to nullify and dictate the game previously. 

A lot of instructions  were coming from the pitch from Grealish, and were then acted on by Smith,  such as a substitute coming on and about 5 minutes later, Grealish asking for the player to be removed (using a throat slash gesture ) and Smith complying. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Have you been passing time reading old match day threads? 

10 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

I’ll be honest, there’s probably a little projection going on in my previous post :sweating:

This forum is strong and stable.  

9 minutes ago, Raj said:

My god- we really are sh1t arent we.

Momentum will be absolutely crucial. You could argue we have now found a little, something none of the others had until Forest won last night. Maybe Southampton can build on their draw at Arsenal but Leeds and Everton still remain in desperate state.

This game now on Monday is so monumental I could projectile vomit further than Nayim lobbed Seaman from. But unless Everton get a result tonight then we go in to Monday with the better momentum and hopefully Smith can use his decent track record under pressure at sending them out there to get the win.

Then it all starts again and again and again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Momentum will be absolutely crucial. You could argue we have now found a little

You could also argue that the late goal against Leeds gives us a lift as much as it deflates them. Definitely felt more like a point gained for us and 2 dropped for them at the final whistle on Tuesday, could give us something to build on. I’m clutching at straws massively but it’s got to that point now. We’ve just got to hope we can pull this off and drag ourselves over the line. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

Would the rebuild be easier in the championship? I've been pondering.

No. I’d argue relegation would cause major, major issues. To the point where everything king power want to achieve is ruined and years of hard work undone in one season.

We would probably go down again, due to not having the capacity to perform the kind of rebuild we would need. Relegation would ruin us. 

20 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

Would the rebuild be easier in the championship? I've been pondering.

Massive rebuild not just losing a couple but half the first team with limited finances so yes. Need a reset and may be one step back before moving forward.