Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I am still confident we pick up the required points. It's just a horrible journey to be on with all the ups and downs. Anyone fancy moaning about a boring mid table season again?

Think we could get 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. I even think we could get 3 wins out of the 5 games. I am refusing to give up until it's over.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I am still confident we pick up the required points. It's just a horrible journey to be on with all the ups and downs. Anyone fancy moaning about a boring mid table season again?

Think we could get 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. I even think we could get 3 wins out of the 5 games. I am refusing to give up until it's over.

That'd put us on 36 - which currently holds a 98% chance of survival (although that may have decreased after Forest's win) 

Forest result was very bad news. The chances of us and them both staying up is pretty slim and I can see them getting sufficient points to survive. My Forest supporting brother in law thinks they’ve been playing well recently but not getting the breaks.

Just hoping that the late equaliser against Leeds gives our lads some fight/heart.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No. I’d argue relegation would cause major, major issues. To the point where everything king power want to achieve is ruined and years of hard work undone in one season.

We would probably go down again, due to not having the capacity to perform the kind of rebuild we would need. Relegation would ruin us. 

Well you're not exactly Mr Glass-Half-Full!

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Forest result was very bad news. The chances of us and them both staying up is pretty slim and I can see them getting sufficient points to survive. My Forest supporting brother in law thinks they’ve been playing well recently but not getting the breaks.

Just hoping that the late equaliser against Leeds gives our lads some fight/heart.

I don’t think it is slim is both staying up, I have Southampton, Everton and Leeds dropping, if the remaining games go as expected - obviously there are lots of twist and turns and they won’t all go as we expect 

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Its not looking good folks. :ph34r:

In the next 5 games simply put, we need to get 1 more point than both Forest and Leeds and I am sure we will stay up.

In the last 2 games I have seen enough  to believe we can achieve that even though there will still be some shock results on the way. It’s going to the wire but hardly surprising with how crap we have been and not giving the new management team enough games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Agreed, it’s horrible but I am a lot more hopeful than I was 7 days ago.The Forest result last night was always on the cards after Sunday.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Pick 11 players with fight and big gonads would help

Kristensen’s brilliant cross and Castagnes great goal, Iheanacho’s goal on Saturday, Iheanacho’s through ball, on to Madison then onto Vardy Tuesday wouldn’t have happened with Tuesdays starting line-up.

Two players screamed out (again) after minutes on Tuesday. Their inclusion and delay in replacing may prove very expensive.

..and it wasn’t just Tuesday

Let me guess you're crying about Barnes again?

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No. I’d argue relegation would cause major, major issues. To the point where everything king power want to achieve is ruined and years of hard work undone in one season.

We would probably go down again, due to not having the capacity to perform the kind of rebuild we would need. Relegation would ruin us. 

Parachute payments and sellable assets/reduction in cost of wages would probably save us. 

But apart from that, yes you are correct. Would undo all the building we have put in place. We need to stay up and rebuild in the Premier League. 

55 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

This is down to Rodgers and his obsession with purity and style which to be fair was the common thread on this forum as well. Football is a physical game and skill only gets you so far. If Harland was 5-8 instead of 6-4 he would be nowhere near the threat even with the same skill level. Our defense is now physically capable but we are still at a disadvantage further forward. We must rebalance the team especially if we go down.

💯 Both approaches have their time and place 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The objective is to finish above three others though, not to hit a set points target. 

Of course people will be discouraged if those other three are picking up points, which makes the objective harder to achieve.

I never said anything about a points target. Had Forest not won last night, we’d still need to beat Everton on Monday. 

Fully understand that yeah we don’t want them to win, it’s not ideal. But like I’ve said, regardless of their result last night, doesn’t change what we have to do, we are still in control of our own destiny. 

• Like 1

Today and Monday are huge days in our season. 

I think 35 is the magic total. With our goal difference, I think that should see us safe. 

In total that is 2 wins - starting with Everton. 

I think it might be us and Forest to save ourselves. I wouldnt mind that. 

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

3 wins puts us on 38 points. Don't think 17th requires that much. Current chances of survival:

• 34 = 71%
  • 35 = 90%
  • 36 = 98%

If 36 points keeps anyone up l’ll be very surprised. People are winning around us, watch Everton go turn Newcastle over later 

15 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

It's still in our own hands - win the games we should and nick a result in one of the others and we're safe. 

It's more important than ever that we continue to resurrect the Great Escape Spirit and get behind the team. 

Hats off we've come back in 5 games in the last few months and now need to get on top of teams and put them away 

COYB 

We need to start with our most spirited 11 who's talents lend themselves to grinding out results. We didn't do that on Tuesday