Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I’ve done three predictors.

2 with us getting 5 points from Everton, Fulham and West Ham. Staying up in 16th with Forest. Everton and Leeds down.

1 with us getting 3 points from Everton. Staying up on GD. Everton and Leeds down. 32 points was enough.

Leeds down in 19th on all three occasions - they seem to be ****ed. Southampton getting a result at Forest would be huge and would tighten things up even more.

Edited by Aleksz

27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Today and Monday are huge days in our season. 

I think 35 is the magic total. With our goal difference, I think that should see us safe. 

In total that is 2 wins - starting with Everton. 

I think it might be us and Forest to save ourselves. I wouldnt mind that. 

I get the same feeling. Leeds are playing bad and have a very tough run-in. Everton are also in a similar situation, can they escape yet again? The negative for them is they can't rely on home backing. 2 of their 3 home games are against Newcastle and Man City, so not easy ones.

Forest seem to be doing OK so think they do actually stay up.

Looking at the table, it shows the problem we've had all season. Turning draws into defeats. I was doing some looking over past relegation seasons and traditionally, we draw ourselves into relegation rather than losing a lot of games, this hasn't happened this season, but we're more capable of winning than our rivals, and if we can avoid those defeats that we got under BR that we should have drawn, we can probably (with no certainties in football) rely on those around us to lose games, looking at how their respective seasons have gone.

Not that we shouldn't be aiming for victory in every game, of course. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, TJQuik said:

If we manage to beat Everton I'll have a glimmer of hope again but it's really not looking good. They're a bit of a bogey team for us.

Lose against Everton and I think it’s over for Leicester. 
I don’t expect us to lose though. 

I do think Smith, Terry and Shakespeare are having a positive impact, but its just too late. We're playing better, but we are still too nervy and we don't seem to be catching any lucky breaks. As of right now, I can't see us beating Everton - and at that point, we are pretty much doomed. 

There might be a few games we can win after that (Fulham, West Ham??) but I'm pretty sure that Everton, Leeds and Forrest have all also got a few wins in them. 

• Like 1

Thought we'd draw with wolves and beat Leeds rather than other way around but Still pretty confident that wins at home to Everton and West Ham, and a point at Fulham sees us nicely safe.

Cannot remember a league match as big as the Everton one on Monday.

9 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

My predictions - 

Everton H - 3 Points

Fulham A - 1 Point

Liverpool H - 0 Points

Newcastle A - 0 Points 

West Ham H - 3 points 

Personally think its enough! :) 

If we only get 4 points before the last game. Will we already be down? We can't rely on the last game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I’ve done three predictors.

2 with us getting 5 points from Everton, Fulham and West Ham. Staying up in 16th with Forest. Everton and Leeds down.

1 with us getting 3 points from Everton. Staying up on GD. Everton and Leeds down. 32 points was enough.

Leeds down in 19th on all three occasions - they seem to be ****ed. Southampton getting a result at Forest would be huge and would tighten things up even more.

Literally 0 chance of 32 points keeps us up unless every match around us goes our way. No chance will teams picking up win every week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Thought we'd draw with wolves and beat Leeds rather than other way around but Still pretty confident that wins at home to Everton and West Ham, and a point at Fulham sees us nicely safe.

Cannot remember a league match as big as the Everton one on Monday.

We had bigger ones in 2016. I didn't sleep for a month. 

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Literally 0 chance of 32 points keeps us up unless every match around us goes our way. No chance will teams picking up win every week.

Well agreed, but by the same logic we’ll end up getting more than 32 points and pick up more somewhere along the line.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Momentum will be absolutely crucial. You could argue we have now found a little, something none of the others had until Forest won last night. Maybe Southampton can build on their draw at Arsenal but Leeds and Everton still remain in desperate state.

This game now on Monday is so monumental I could projectile vomit further than Nayim lobbed Seaman from. But unless Everton get a result tonight then we go in to Monday with the better momentum and hopefully Smith can use his decent track record under pressure at sending them out there to get the win.

Then it all starts again and again and again.

We have gone on about Must win games and massive games etc for weeks.

BUT Mondays game REALLY is a fecking must win game- nothing but a win will suffice.

I'm already excited so the Mrs better watch out if we win!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KFS said:

This is ****ing shit isn’t it? Occupying anyone else’s brain 24/7?

I live in Oxfordshire but commuted into the London office today. A bloke from my village - a lifelong Southampton fan -  got on the bus at the same time and we travelled in together. I was telling him that I just want all this over with so I can have the mental space to think about something else. It's become an obsession and I'm not enjoying it.

For what it's worth, he reckons Southampton won't get out of it. He also mentioned that an Everton-supporting mutual friend of ours is adamant that they're going down, too...

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

Yeah it is shit.If we go down and take forest with us then so be it,but if they stay up and we go down that will be unbearable.

Imagine we finally rid the Prem of perennial over-spenders Everton and ‘we’re the biggest club in world football’ Nottingham Forest, giving us a footing to reset our side entirely next year? Absolute dreamland. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Lowe said:

I think if we rule out Newcastle and Liverpool for points, then 7 points may be enough if Everton is one of the wins - so we are pretty much in a must win situation against Everton.

We don't have to rule out Liverpool for points. They're still very inconsistent and have lost eight games away from home this season. I agree that we'd do incredibly well to get anything at Newcastle if they still need the points. However if they're already guaranteed CL football at that point and just want a party (it's their last home game), who knows...

• Like 1