Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Looking at it, if Leeds don’t get a win against Bournemouth, then I don’t think they get another point this season.

Man City away, Newcastle at home, West Ham away and Spurs at home - hopefully Spurs need to win that for Europe.

They are currently one point ahead with an inferior GD, not losing that game this week will be huge.

Southampton still have to go to Newcastle and play Liverpool and Brighton, defeat tonight and they are 6 points adrift, with 15 to play for including three tough games.

To survive, both will need to pull something magic out of their arses.

That leaves us, Everton and Forest.

If we beat Everton they will need to get 5 more points than we get from:

Newcastle

Man City

Brighton

Wolves

Bournemouth

I really think a win against Everton and we’re almost safe… 

Although, everytime I look at the table and fixtures I see something different 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

I'm surprised so many people think that losing to Fulham is a given. They've lost 6 out of their last 8 including Bournemouth and West Ham. It's a tough away game but we definitely have a chance against them. 2 wins in the next 2 is possible or definitely 4 points with the way we are playing.   

We couldn't get a win against Leeds, who had just been thrashed. Anything can happen though 🤞

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Only just...

Although I suppose 3 winning sequences vs 1, 1, 1 and 0 respectively isn't that bad

image.png.4d2f0eace5cb03a6fbbfbad477836207.png

Good chart.

Look at the sea of red just above our last win. If only the board acted earlier.  Sadler didn’t change the team at all - he was playing Rodgerball (guess this is why he survived as a coach under Rodgers) and playing Ndidi and leaving Nachos on the bench really costed us. In fact, the club should have lined up Deano (or whoever) as replacement for a while instead of leaving it til very late as an afterthought to find one.

31 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Looking at it, if Leeds don’t get a win against Bournemouth, then I don’t think they get another point this season.

Man City away, Newcastle at home, West Ham away and Spurs at home - hopefully Spurs need to win that for Europe.

They are currently one point ahead with an inferior GD, not losing that game this week will be huge.

Southampton still have to go to Newcastle and play Liverpool and Brighton, defeat tonight and they are 6 points adrift, with 15 to play for including three tough games.

Newcastle

Man City

Brighton

Wolves

Bournemouth

Thing is, Everton will be tougher to beat … and if we cannot beat Leeds this one is really going to be tough. It will be very scrappy. If we concede first, again, we are likely done for the season and be relegated. 

20 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Good chart.

Look at the sea of red just above our last win. If only the board acted earlier.  Sadler didn’t change the team at all - he was playing Rodgerball (guess this is why he survived as a coach under Rodgers) and playing Ndidi and leaving Nachos on the bench really costed us. In fact, the club should have lined up Deano (or whoever) as replacement for a while instead of leaving it til very late as an afterthought to find one.

All they had to do was make the exact same managerial change, but immediately after the Brentford game (before the international break) and I think we'd be close to safe already. They would have had a mini preseason and 3 more matches. I doubt we would have gotten 0 points out of Palace, Villa and Bournemouth...

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The best thing you can do is try and switch off from it, as hard as it is. At least focus solely on our games, not watching goals/results trickle in while we don't play.

23A1B19E-2AA9-4B4A-9587-B78C0DC23539.jpeg.d18ad7bc676605320b9fa261941c6134.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, scarthin said:

Major problem is that we don’t play relegation battle football. We play better football than the other teams, and when it works it is lovely, but it’s fragile and easily affected by nerves. Whilst Leeds’ goal was very good, it was basically still if the “chuck it into the box and eventually the big chap will nod it in” type. We score very few of those sorts of goals and very few headers in general. This is reflected in the lack of goals from our corners. Everton always seem the type that exemplify the “score through pressure” game (practice makes perfect I guess)

Why they 19th and won 3 in 12 then?

37 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Thing is, Everton will be tougher to beat … and if we cannot beat Leeds this one is really going to be tough. It will be very scrappy. If we concede first, again, we are likely done for the season and be relegated. 

Everton's away form is dreadful. 

Our home support seems to have a new bounce. 

The only thing is, a Dyche side is generally horrible to play against. 

However, l'm backing Vards to have an impact, from memory he likes a goal or 2 against these. 

Edited by STEVIE B

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Thing is, Everton will be tougher to beat …

The league table begs to differ. In truth though, they might be tougher to beat, they might be easier to beat, we won't know until it happens.

if we cannot beat Leeds this one is really going to be tough

All games are tough when you're not very good.

If we concede first, again, we are likely done for the season and be relegated

Oh, stop being so pessimistic! Especially about stuff that hasn't even happened. Be optimistic - we've just taken four points from two games, in both of which we conceded first.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

How many of us would trade positions with Southampton, Everton, Leeds or Forest? That includes current points, position, games played and remaining fixtures. I would take ours every time.

Forest have Brentford A which will be tough.

Saints at home- They are decent at home and this is a 6 pointer

Chelsea away who cant win a raffle atm.

Arsenal at home who will have lost the title to man city by then and will be crestfallen.

Last game is Palace who will be on holiday by then.

I'd take that over ours.

Everton- tough 6 pointer

Fulham away- no chance of a win(especially as i am going and my away record is sh1t)

Liverpool home- nothing

Newcastle A- nothing.

Wham H- creaky arse time!

God...wish it was all over....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Barnes, Vardy, Tete’, daka have to go all guns blazing into the everton box. Be direct be fast. If they get through shoot if not shield the ball and make them foul. Worst case we get a free kick outside the box or a penalty inside it. Have to just go for it now from kick off. Do T let them settle apply the pressure. I’m confident we can bang a few goals in the first half. After half time who knows what will happen.

Christ the level of negativity in here you’d think it would be this time next week and we’d just lost to Everton.

As others have said, Tonight and Monday night are huge for us as it’s currently on a knife edge. Save the negativity until after.

52 minutes ago, Raj said:

Forest have Brentford A which will be tough.

Saints at home- They are decent at home and this is a 6 pointer

Chelsea away who cant win a raffle atm.

Arsenal at home who will have lost the title to man city by then and will be crestfallen.

Last game is Palace who will be on holiday by then.

I'd take that over ours.

Everton- tough 6 pointer

Fulham away- no chance of a win(especially as i am going and my away record is sh1t)

Liverpool home- nothing

Newcastle A- nothing.

Wham H- creaky arse time!

God...wish it was all over....

Could you do us all a favour and go to watch Forest for the last 5 games?

Forest only have two home games, feel better with us having 3. I would still take our fixtures over Forest's, just my view.

3 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's just too tight to call. 

Part of me wants to mentally prepare for the drop, but then I don't want to give up either when there's a chance!

I don't seem capable. In my brain I am relatively relaxed in the belief we will stay up. 

**** knows where its come from though. I acknowledge intellectually that it is not that clear cut, but emotionally, it's not getting through. 

Guess I'm just setting myself up for a full on breakdown of we don't beat everton🤣😭

Edited by gw_leics772

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

How many of us would trade positions with Southampton, Everton, Leeds or Forest? That includes current points, position, games played and remaining fixtures. I would take ours every time.

Ooooo that's a good question to be fair!

I'd probably go with Leeds and Forest, as quite simply, it's still in their hands

Also, ask again after tonight's results, as Everton might take the place of Forest on the list!!

Edited by FoxinNotts

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Newcastle

Man City

Brighton

Wolves

Bournemouth

Everton will be very hard to beat ,I’m getting 0-0 vibes . Arsenal couldn’t do them .

Lots of mental gymnastics on here about other teams results and I'm talking about the people who claim they don't matter. Yes 'obviously' we need to win our games and if we do we'll be fine but it's so patently obvious that what happens elsewhere affects our margin for error. Why are people pretending Forest beating Brighton isn't a bad result for us?

• Like 1