Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lots of mental gymnastics on here about other teams results and I'm talking about the people who claim they don't matter. Yes 'obviously' we need to win our games and if we do we'll be fine but it's so patently obvious that what happens elsewhere affects our margin for error. Why are people pretending Forest beating Brighton isn't a bad result for us?

Forest have Brentford away, and Southampton at home coming up, probably can see them picking up 3 points

We have Everton (h) and Fulham coming up can see us picking up 4 points so level on points with Forest with a better goal difference.

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lots of mental gymnastics on here about other teams results and I'm talking about the people who claim they don't matter. Yes 'obviously' we need to win our games and if we do we'll be fine but it's so patently obvious that what happens elsewhere affects our margin for error. Why are people pretending Forest beating Brighton isn't a bad result for us?

They matter and of course it's not great them winning, but there were a few people saying we were done because Forest are 1 point ahead of us. 

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

How many of us would trade positions with Southampton, Everton, Leeds or Forest? That includes current points, position, games played and remaining fixtures. I would take ours every time.

They'd all be envious of our goal diff. too!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

Need Southampton to beat Bournemouth tonight for the following reasons:

a) To keep 5 teams in the mix.

b) To ensure Bournemouth aren't on the beach when they play Leeds & Everton.

c) To ensure Southampton aren't relegated before they play Forest.

Just call me Crafty Fox 😜

I agree. 

A Newcastle and Southampton win today will be good. 

Leeds v Bournemouth also next up so it could work in our favour if Bournemouth lose today and not get more than a draw next. If we can do our bit and win, that will put us above Leeds and a point away from Bournemouth. 

Bloody hell this is hard work.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I agree. 

A Newcastle and Southampton win today will be good. 

Leeds v Bournemouth also next up so it could work in our favour if Bournemouth lose today and not get more than a draw next. If we can do our bit and win, that will put us above Leeds and a point away from Bournemouth. 

Bloody hell this is hard work.

You're telling me 🥵

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Copium. The reality is if Everton also win tonight we are in a world of trouble. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KFS said:

This is ****ing shit isn’t it? Occupying anyone else’s brain 24/7?

Genuinely think the current schedule is playing a big part. From last Friday to next Monday, there are two days where us or a team around us isn't playing - Monday just gone and tomorrow.  At least if it was condensed to fewer days you could switch off in the evening and do something else and deal with the results but take a break.

It is worse this week through the volume of games and when they are being played.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom12345 said:

I know we should focus on ourselves, but what is better for us re Southampton vs Bournemouth? Draw or a Southampton win so Bournemouth gets back closer to the relegation zone?

Southampton win 100%. Bournemouth have got some tricky fixtures and will definitely be another one to catch.

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Could you do us all a favour and go to watch Forest for the last 5 games?

Forest only have two home games, feel better with us having 3. I would still take our fixtures over Forest's, just my view.

I think we could all go crazy with the scenarios and permutations  couldnt we!!

I just want to survive by a goal and not have a fecking heart seizure at the West Ham game!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I think the Forest result was a dreadful one for us, and I think Everton will get something tonight. I fear its too late for us amd we'll need something from Liverpool and Newcastle. We know how that'll go.

Newcastle are the worst side to play when you’re desperate. Everton will go at this like a team on in chips, Newcastle will just pick them off. I think it will be a comfortable win for the toon army.