Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

14 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Disgaree. We needed southampton still to have something to play for against Forest. Forest are going to have an already relegated Southampton and Arsenal with nothing to play for.

Maybe. But by the same token you'll have Forest with all the pressure in the world on their shoulders against teams who can just relax and play. Southampton aren't great, but Arsenal playing without pressure could easily take lots of teams apart.

No point fretting about it all though. As a wise person on here said, just enjoy the ride...!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Disagree. We need three teams below us at the end of the season; the last thing we need is one of the teams already below us catching us up.

The more teams that can go down the better I’d say Bournemouth are now out it unless something goes terribly wrong 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

Maybe. But by the same token you'll have Forest with all the pressure in the world on their shoulders against teams who can just relax and play. Southampton aren't great, but Arsenal playing without pressure could easily take lots of teams apart.

No point fretting about it all though. As a wise person on here said, just enjoy the ride...!

Exactly. I actually think someone like Bournemouth would relish the chance to relegate Everton on the last day. This on the beach stuff is nonsense. Mid table v mid table maybe. But not when the game counts for one opponent 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Maths has took a hit today 

Ok ok … I got it wrong!

I meant they’d only have 18 points without our contribution and we gave them six more… which is a third of 18 … but not a third of their overall points total … dig dig … ok I got it wrong! 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

There is ****ing nothing to enjoy. I keep getting palpations every time I think about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

There is ****ing nothing to enjoy. I keep getting palpations every time I think about it.

I don't think I've been this nervous since the year we won the league, but instead of joy this season has been pure agony.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Only just...

Although I suppose 3 winning sequences vs 1, 1, 1 and 0 respectively isn't that bad

image.png.4d2f0eace5cb03a6fbbfbad477836207.png

4 different runs of 4 losses in a row. Did we even have a single one under Puel? That's damning.

36 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Genuinely if Chelsea had just a few points less they'd be very likely to go down. Incredible really. Their fixtures are horrible bar Forest

If it wasn’t for Tuchel, they’d be in the relegation zone. Or out on GD.

he picked up 10 points before he was sacked 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

4 different runs of 4 losses in a row. Did we even have a single one under Puel? That's damning.

Nope, not in the league anyway. He lost 3 in a row once - albeit as part of a 6 game winless run - and was sacked for it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We lost home and away to both Bournemouth and Southampton. How absolutely crazy.

The worst thing about being in the relegation zone is you have to be absolutely abysmal. Like lose a ridiculous amount of games to shit teams and have so many chances to get out of it.

I remember the Ranieri 2nd season us having the chance to go 8th on last day and thinking how can over half the table be anywhere near as shit as us.

I have us getting 4 points from the next 4 games and that we'll be level on points but with far better goal difference than Forest and Leeds going in to the last game of the season.

I fancy us to beat West Ham who'll be safe bu Leeds at home to Spurs and Forest away at Palace would be interesting anyway, don't think they'd both win.