Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

4 different runs of 4 losses in a row. Did we even have a single one under Puel? That's damning.

It makes you wonder how Top kept the faith in BR for sooo long (18 months too long really), yet he sacked Puel at the drop of a hat and without much in the way of hesitation really when you compare matters in a A/B sense!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

I fancy us at Fulham away if we can beat Everton. I really don't think Liverpool on a Monday night at the KP is beyond us either.

Im actually more worried about Monday. 

Klopp's lost 5 times out of 8 games away to us.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

West Ham not safe. Lose to Palace and they are in the poo. 

West Ham is on 34.  One point and they might be OK, 2 and they’re almost assuredly safe.  Hard to imagine Moyes not getting a draw or two or one win out of their run-in.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Exactly. I actually think someone like Bournemouth would relish the chance to relegate Everton on the last day. This on the beach stuff is nonsense. Mid table v mid table maybe. But not when the game counts for one opponent 

I know they actually won and were relegated due to results elsewhere, but when Bournemouth were relegated a couple of years back, it was away at Everton on the last day…as I say, not revenge as such but they may have memories to bury if it’s their first visit back to Goodison since (not sure if they’ve been in the cups).

Interestingly, the result elsewhere that relegated Bournemouth that day was Dean Smith’s Aston Villa getting a last day result against West Ham to stay up :ph34r:

Edited by LCFCJohn

Ultimately, a win Monday gives us a genuine chance of almost certainly ensuring Everton  and Saints will finish below us. 

But I'm angsty about Leeds at Bournemouth tho. I think Bournemouth could well take them apart. But, a win for Leeds sees them 2 games away from us and that's lethal at this stage of the season. Ditto Forest. Which all.means we could be in major trouble without even having played. 

Flipside is that Leeds and Forest are both thinking, fck, one of Everton or Leicester are gonna be breathing down our neck come Monday night. Monday is a lose lose for forest and Leeds, hopefully cranking up the pressure for their weekend games..

All good fun!!  

I would imagine Bournemouth feels pretty good at this point.  They’re at worst a point away from safety (538’s model has both them and WHU at +/- 1% to go down).  They’ll likely be playing pretty conservatively as long as one draw is probably all they need to stay up.

Edited by Deeg67

Leeds have back to back games against Man City and Newcastle after Southampton. They’re not winning all of those games. 

Still lots of twists and turns. But I still think we will do it. I’m going to be bold and say we won’t lose again………. And may even throw a surprise result in there too. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Leeds have back to back games against Man City and Newcastle after Southampton. They’re not winning all of those games. 

Still lots of twists and turns. But I still think we will do it. I’m going to be bold and say we won’t lose again………. And may even throw a surprise result in there too. 

Well we’ll have to throw at least two surprise results in there if we’re not going to lose again. :sweating:

Personally think Forest will be fine now with their fixtures and performances, Leeds feel like the one we could get above but they could quite plausibly get to 39-40 points and then it’s a mammoth task.

8 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Well we’ll have to throw at least two surprise results in there if we’re not going to lose again. :sweating:

Personally think Forest will be fine now with their fixtures and performances, Leeds feel like the one we could get above but they could quite plausibly get to 39-40 points and then it’s a mammoth task.

I would be staggered if Leeds got 39 points. They looked shot against us on Tuesday. Largely outplayed. But for a calamitous 2 mins from us at the end, they offered nothing. 

I think the Bournemouth game Saturday determines Leeds' fate. They are under huge pressure to win it. I don't think they are capable. And I think Bournemouth are too good for them

59 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I'd be amazed if there isn't at least one surprise result from us, Leeds, Forest and Everton in the difficult fixtures we all have left, probably more than 1 shock. 

It's too ridiculous to call but we hopefully have gained confidence in the last 2 results in how we've fought back when things haven't gone our way. Momentum with barely any fixtures left is absolutely crucial because the nuances that can become far more decisive at this stage of the season will make this utterly torturous for those involved.

• Like 2

It makes you wonder how big city clubs and major trophy winners like Leicester, Nottingham, Leeds , Southampton and Everton are on the brink when tinpot Bournemouth look like staying up. Who are running these clubs?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I love your optimism and I pray you are right.  However, we have Newcastle away their fans will be well up for it their team having secured champions league football, a team who have scored 10 goals in their last two games.  For us to get a result their would be a miracle.

Jonathan Pearce on West Ham's commentary on MOTD said that 35 points on average for the last 10 seasons has been enough to stay up. 

Two more wins. 

I think we'll beat Everton, and then it's most likely one win needed from the rest, which I think will be against West Ham but hopefully it comes sooner! Perhaps there's a draw against Fulham and/or Liverpool to help the cause? 

Fulham have Man City and Liverpool before we play them. an inconsistent Liverpool sure but they could be out of any European hopes by that point, not unrealistic we get a win there. 6 points from the next two games is achievable and sees us safe for me 

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Not inconceivable that we beat Everton and Fulham. Probably still need a result against West Ham on the last day. :sweating:

Also, be good to not concede too many against Liverpool and Newcastle.

All of this could be our route to survival. 

I've got a strange feeling about the Liverpool game. Obviously they could quite easily steamroll us but if we go in with the right mentality we've seen they don't like it up em.

Everton really needs to be the springboard though, lose that and its curtains

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It makes you wonder how big city clubs and major trophy winners like Leicester, Nottingham, Leeds , Southampton and Everton are on the brink when tinpot Bournemouth look like staying up. Who are running these clubs?

The playing field has been levelled somewhat, for most in the PL with the distributed TV money that's much higher than the rest of Europe. Now the more established clubs that still don't generate the commercial revenue of the big 6/7 can't automatically get the better players than the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth etc. 

We have been left behind in our innovation and off the field running of the club and its galling. I don't see this current ownership solving it either because it means a huge shake up at board level and their loyalty to Rudkin and others makes it highly unlikely.

We've had our time in the sun, the best we will now do under Top and his family is be an average PL club. Not necessarily unacceptable but hard to really accept given what we achieved and the foundations we had to cement ourselves.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

Is this the same Forest that’s won one game since February? They’re shit. And let’s not forget they injured more players playing too hard. They won’t sustain that for five games.

Why have Forest suddenly become world beaters after winning one game? The amount of space they left against Brighton was frightening, Toney will have a field day against that defence, or will be not bother because Brentford are safe? 

Edited by Pliskin