Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

after seeing my local team (Weymouth) be bottom of the vanarama league prem for 4 months and relegated and then bottom for the whole of this season in the van league south division 7 points adrift with 4 games to go so bottom of the league for a year and a half ..... well they beat dover today in the last game of the season  to stay up so nothing is impossible :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

Be extra nice if we beat Everton as we were pretty much the reason they stayed up last year. Didn’t they get 4 points off us?? 

Yes that’s right…..we basically saved them from going down……they deserve to drop 

• Like 1

Just now, robski said:

Yes that’s right…..we basically saved them from going down……they deserve to drop 

Us, Man U & Chelsea gifted them 9 points last season during their run in- they've been swirling the toilet bowl for years but they've always clambered out of it with a new manager bounce.

10 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Us, Man U & Chelsea gifted them 9 points last season during their run in- they've been swirling the toilet bowl for years but they've always clambered out of it with a new manager bounce.

Well remembered……couldn’t recall who else gifted them points…..let’s hope Dyche flushes them down the pan for good…

Not a huge fan of Dyche but thought he would save Everton ( might still do ) and thought we should of grabbed him to save us !

Never really knew Dean Smith but like his demeanour and how he comes across as nice sound bloke 

57 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Doesn’t this awful situation come down to Top and the board…what a terrible position they have put us in…. it’s all down to them 

Well it's actually down to a combination of the players being rubbish and poor management, but in any case - look forward, not back. We are where we are and all that; no point dwelling on how we got there.

(For us, the fans, I mean. Obviously the club should dwell on how we got there so they do stuff different)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

The worst result for us today was West Ham losing. The last thing we need is them needing a result on the last day. :fc:

They'll get what they need from Leeds the week before then play an understrength team with the Europa final distracting them when they play us 🤞

• Like 1

On 11/04/2023 at 20:05, SK3Blue said:

Man City (A) - 0

Wolves (H) - 1

Leeds (A) - 1

Everton (H) - 3

Fulham (A) - 0

Liverpool (H) - 0

Newcastle (A) - 1

West Ham (H) - 3

34 points. GD may keep us up. 🙏 

2 points better off on my prediction so far with the Wolves win. Hope I'm right about Monday and then wrong about the next 2!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wortho said:

Doesn’t this awful situation come down to Top and the board…what a terrible position they have put us in…. it’s all down to them 

If Rodgers is a parasite, Top is a lot worse. There have been some chairman in the PL who have been insulted by their fan base and laughed at on here. Top is either on par or a lot worse than them. Rodgers was the first of the rubbish we needed to get out, certainly not the last. 

The next frustration/anger phase we will have him is when we realise that it’s going to take at least £200m of money we don’t have to rebuild a depleted squad this summer. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

2 points better off on my prediction so far with the Wolves win. Hope I'm right about Monday and then wrong about the next 2!!

I fancy us to get something at Fulham if we win Monday. Don't reckon we'll get anything from the Newcastle game though.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If Rodgers is a parasite, Top is a lot worse. There have been some chairman in the PL who have been insulted by their fan base and laughed at on here. Top is either on par or a lot worse than them. Rodgers was the first of the rubbish we needed to get out, certainly not the last. 

The next frustration/anger phase we will have him is when we realise that it’s going to take at least £200m of money we don’t have to rebuild a depleted squad this 

£69 million is what we spent on Ricky, Cags, Madders and Evans. A similar summer to that add maybe £11 million for a gk, we can probably find what we need for £70-£80 million with that right scouting and decisions.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The next frustration/anger phase we will have him is when we realise that it’s going to take at least £200m of money we don’t have to rebuild a depleted squad this summer. 

I understand why Top is getting some flack this season, but I’m not sure it’s all him and I’m not sure how much he is involved in the day to day running of the club.

What is clear, is some of the problems that have come around this season are bigger than the manager.

The two who should be next in the firing line for me is Whelan and Rudkin.

Rodgers gets a lot of flack for some of his transfers, but ultimately Rudkin is the one who would have final say and negotiate all of the contracts. The fact that we went into a season with so many players who either -a) Had already been identified by the manager as not being good enough or b) had their contract expire at the end of the season was always a recipe for disaster.

The fact we have repeatedly failed to improve the squad, at the right time, and no improvement at all this summer, when every man and his dog could see we needed a refresh - falls solely at the board level.

Add to this some of the other decisions, that have come up on here about fan engagement, ticketing debacles, lack of communication- these sort of things fall at Whlean’s feet I believe. 
At a board level, it’s been one mistake after another. 
Now we need to go into a new season knowing we need at least 15 new players through the door and we are in a position where we don’t know which division the club will be playing in, who the manager will be and have only one maybe two players who we will be in a position to claim a sizeable fee to fund this rebuild.

Yes Top is in overall charge, but the people who he had trusted in key roles are letting him and the club down badly and repeatedly.

• Like 1

It’s great going into the last 5 games thinking there is 10 teams, who could all still mathematically be relegated this season.

Crystal Palace 40 points (52)

Chelsea             39 points (57)

Wolves.           37 points (49)

bournemouth 36 points (51)

West Ham.      34 points (49)

Leeds               30 points (45)

Notts Forest.   30 points (42)

Leicester City  29 points (44)

Everton.           28 points (43)

Southampton  24 points (39)

(Maximum points available)

Obviously this will change and some of these teams are practically safe, but theoretically, disaster could strike any of them and every result could still go against them and they go down.

It’s hard to see any way Southampton survive from here, especially with their next game away at an inform Newcastle.

The only team in the league who are now mathematically safe from relegation and more 6 points away from European spots is Fulham, potentially making them the best team to play in the run in.

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Rubbish !!

Top and his family have been fantastic for Leicester.   His big mistake has been allowing Rudkin & Rodgers too much control !!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

If we win it puts us in the driving seat instead of hoping for other teams to lose & that for me puts it in the must win category.  How you see it is entirely up to you but I know how I see it.

If we lose or draw it's not great by any means but it's also not fatal.

If Everton lose then they'll need 5pts to overtake us and that's assuming we don't pick up another point. I see it as a mini league of four and the top two stay up and the bottom two get relegated. A win for us on Monday makes it highly likely that Everton won't catch us. If we don't win then we still have a good few outs. 

After Monday the nine fixtures our rivals have before the last game of the season don't look like they'll yield a lot of points. 

Man City (h)

Arsenal (h)

Newcastle (h)

Southampton (h)

Man City (a)

Chelsea (a)

Brighton (a)

Wolves (a)

West Ham (a)

Edited by Gerard