Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It's not 'must win'. It's a golden chance. But win, lose or draw we are still alive. Particularly if Leeds lose or draw tomorrow 

Mathematically that may be correct. But with our form this season, having already lost to our relegation opponents, if we lose to Everton, we would need to play like a CL side in great form to get out, which is unlikely to happen if we can’t even beat Everton. This is really a “must win”. Otherwise it is like saying we still have a chance to finish top half of table, which while it is mathematically possible it is not going to happen.

Edited by Tom12345

It feels must win to me just because to do so would almost relegate Southampton and Everton. 

To really knock the stuffing out of them and only be fighting to stay out of the last relegation spot is huge. 

Plus as I keep saying, win your home games! 

Obviously we aren't down and out whatever the result but it would be a huge step forward if we do

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he's just extremely naive although to a point it could cost us dearly - and I think even if we survive I've little faith in him going forward for how long he let this ridiculous mess unfold.

But I can't quite hold him in the same contempt as Rodgers. Rodgers performance here this season was once in a generation bad. I genuinely think the majority on here would've done better. He gave up. There's no doubt about it in my eyes.

I suppose the counter argument is will he have learnt from this experience? I think we could do with seeing a couple more heads (namely Rudkin) roll to show this though.

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Maybe our fortune has turned. Navas has been keeping Forest in games and got done yesterday by two at his near post 

Forest lost 6 of their last 8 games and conceded 15. Whatever people Navas has been doing hasn't been saving them. They've been woeful and deserve to be where they are, as we do. Fortunes haven't turned here, they just won a game against Brighton.

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If Rodgers is a parasite, Top is a lot worse. There have been some chairman in the PL who have been insulted by their fan base and laughed at on here. Top is either on par or a lot worse than them. Rodgers was the first of the rubbish we needed to get out, certainly not the last. 

The next frustration/anger phase we will have him is when we realise that it’s going to take at least £200m of money we don’t have to rebuild a depleted squad this summer. 

absolutely f*****g ridiculous ,just as a matter of interest what word would you say is a lot worse than a parasite , 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, moseeds said:

Utter bollocks. Top is clearly not a lot worse. He's a footy fan. He made emotional well intentioned decisions. He's a young guy and new to running a multi billion dollar empire alone. Some people need to get outside more.

4 hours ago, trabuch said:

That's just bollocks and I suspect you know it.

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Rubbish !!

Top and his family have been fantastic for Leicester.   His big mistake has been allowing Rudkin & Rodgers too much control !!

How can so many call it “bollocks” or “rubbish” and then openly admit mistakes. It doesn’t make sense. I understand there is affiliation and in some cases, admiration for the KP brand. However, right now there is significant issues with the ownership and in particular decision making. I assure you, unless significant changes are made, I will see you all here in a years time just like Rodgers.

There are many on here who would have issue with Mike Ashley showing up as owner. Tell me (because I don’t know) what the difference is ? Let’s be less emotional and really assess the impact on the club of having a highly emotional owner with poor experience and a struggling management team. What does that bring ? Financial issues, disorganised growth plans and significant issues with structure ? Oh. It aint all Rodgers is it - the guy took the piss but there is someone somewhere who let him. You may disagree but pretending that any billionsIre/millionaire is out there to fail/lose money is stupidity. All decisions are well intentioned for one reason or the other. We just happen to have (at this moment in time) a bad one when it comes to those decisions. 

10 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

You can get quite a long way into this season - March - and see why Top might have had hope that it’d turn around. And if it had, he’d have saved a tonne of cash that we don’t have by not paying Rodgers off. 

In other words, it’s not hard to see why he clung on for so long, expecting our pre-WC form to emerge. Especially after the Villa and Spurs wins. 

Yes, he should have moved much sooner, but to compare him to Mike Ashley just makes you look weird and embittered. 

Fine, you can (I can’t) see but you’re as usual ignoring obvious other catastrophic errors which have occurred. This is all very familiar - like I said it takes some, a LOT of time to see the obvious. Anyway this is the relegation section - so I’m not going to keep going into it. The only thing I’ll say is Top and his board are far more responsible for our relegation (if it were to occur) and our current predicament that anyone else. Pretending that isn’t the case is naive at best. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s great going into the last 5 games thinking there is 10 teams, who could all still mathematically be relegated this season.

Crystal Palace 40 points (52)

Chelsea             39 points (57)

Wolves.           37 points (49)

bournemouth 36 points (51)

West Ham.      34 points (49)

Leeds               30 points (45)

Notts Forest.   30 points (42)

Leicester City  29 points (44)

Everton.           28 points (43)

Southampton  24 points (39)

(Maximum points available)

Obviously this will change and some of these teams are practically safe, but theoretically, disaster could strike any of them and every result could still go against them and they go down.

It’s hard to see any way Southampton survive from here, especially with their next game away at an inform Newcastle.

The only team in the league who are now mathematically safe from relegation and more 6 points away from European spots is Fulham, potentially making them the best team to play in the run in.

I suppose the pedantic part of me needs to point out that because a number of teams play each other, the maximum points per team isn't possible. i.e we play Everton tomorrow so both of us can't reach 44 and 43 points. This is why anyone Bournemouth upwards is realistically safe, even if not mathematically. West Ham realistically only go down if they can't get another point, although i have a funny suspicion this is something that will become an issue for them over the next few matches.

For us, i still have hope we get a result against Fulham. I think tomorrow might be a draw so i am going for 4 points from the next 2, which puts us on 33. Christ its tight down the bottom. 

Edited by Chelmofox

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

We need to pray Leeds lose today! 

Either way, if we lose tomorrow, I think that’s us done.

Dreading it.

We are not going to lose at home to Everton, we beat Wolves at home no great shakes but relative to Everton are a Better team. At worst we draw the game and we are out of the bottom three on goal difference.

6 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Dreading it.

But we aren't. It'll be advantageous. Morale boosting. Enjoyable. Desirable.

But it's not the end if we blow it. The wolves game showed that you can lose for weeks and weeks on end yet one win can catapult you out of the drop zone. Stay within one win if safety, and a team can 'fluke' survival, on the nod as it were, by timing a win at the end 

If Fulham get trounced today does that make our job harder next weekend?

if Leeds lose today does that make tomorrow must not lose rather than must win?

the team will have confidence that they can get results against liverpool and newcastle- we don’t but they will

the way we set up against wolves tells us that we will be aggressive and smith wants us on the front foot (as opposed to rodgers controlled approach) 

if you can detach yourself emotionally from this it is fascinating………..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We are not going to lose at home to Everton, we beat Wolves at home no great shakes but relative to Everton are a Better team. At worst we draw the game and we are out of the bottom three on goal difference.

At this stage of the season being better is nothing to do with it, what matters is the desire to win at all costs on the pitch and a fair bit of luck. No one knows what team will turn up for us or everton, it's about mindset. . 

13 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Dreading it.

got to agree on this, losing tomorrow i think will seal our fate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I suppose the counter argument is will he have learnt from this experience? I think we could do with seeing a couple more heads (namely Rudkin) roll to show this though.

He and the board did from the Eriksson experience where we spent a fortune on mercenaries to very little progress. Here's hoping they learn again.

27 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

But we aren't. It'll be advantageous. Morale boosting. Enjoyable. Desirable.

But it's not the end if we blow it. The wolves game showed that you can lose for weeks and weeks on end yet one win can catapult you out of the drop zone. Stay within one win if safety, and a team can 'fluke' survival, on the nod as it were, by timing a win at the end 

I just see a loss tomorrow being mentally shattering for us.

Anyway, fingers crossed we don’t have to find out! 

Just now, The Doctor said:

against man city? no, if anything it makes our job easier because it kills off any outside hopes for Europe 

Yep.

Puncture their confidence and get them on the beach just wanting the season to end. 

Win the next two and we're all but safe imo.

Just now, st albans fox said:

They have no chance of making 7th

they will lose today - my question was regarding the size of the defeat 

Getting slapped 5-0 could just as easily bring about a backlash against the next opponents at home as it could hurt their confidence enough to improve their chances.