Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I suppose the pedantic part of me needs to point out that because a number of teams play each other, the maximum points per team isn't possible. i.e we play Everton tomorrow so both of us can't reach 44 and 43 points. This is why anyone Bournemouth upwards is realistically safe, even if not mathematically. West Ham realistically only go down if they can't get another point, although i have a funny suspicion this is something that will become an issue for them over the next few matches.

For us, i still have hope we get a result against Fulham. I think tomorrow might be a draw so i am going for 4 points from the next 2, which puts us on 33. Christ its tight down the bottom. 

Agree with all of that.

Yeah, Fulham knows they have no shot at Europe so it's really just a question of how motivated they are to play matches that matter to the other team.  Not every side packs it in early when they have no concrete goal to play for.

I cant believe some posters on here criticising Top.  Yes, perhaps he has been naive and lacking in experience in certain matters, he and the board should have acted sooner in getting rid of Rogers but without his families financial clout the club wouldnt have the infrastructure it has today.

Another point, doesnt Top leave footballing decisions to Rudkin and the business side of things to Whelan within Leicester when he is out of the country?

If anyone is to blame it has to be Rudkin.  Massive contracts to bit part players, allowing players to run down contracts, those same players not wanting to leave because of inflated wages/contracts, allowing numerous amounts of players at the end of season being out of contract to leave, meaning we have to have a whole new squad costing millions.

I can only see one man to blame and that is Rudkin.

For me, it's largely a case of categorising the games left for the teams down there and how they'll perceive their winnability.

Leicester

Should win: Everton (H,) West Ham (H)

Could win: Fulham (A,) Liverpool (H)

Won't win: Newcastle (A)

Everton

Should win: Leicester (A,) Bournemouth (H)

Could win: Wolves (A)

Won't win: Man City (H,) Brighton (A)

Leeds 

Should win: Bournemouth (A)

Could win: West Ham (A,) Tottenham (H)

Won't win: Man City (A,) Newcastle (H)

Forest

Should win: Southampton (H)

Could win: Crystal Palace (A,) Chelsea (A)

Won't win: Arsenal (H)

This is based purely on how the clubs will perceive those games and it's clear that this weekend is therefore vital for us, Everton and Leeds. 

I would argue that defeats for Everton and Leeds this weekend would be devastating as it's hard to see them picking up enough points (though more plausible with Everton, but they're already two points behind Leeds).

This could all change if Forest don't beat Southampton, as that appears to be their most obvious opportunity to win between now and the end of the season. Win that, pick up a point or two elsewhere and they might squeak home. Lose or draw and they could be done.

Gun to the head right now, I'd say Forest, Everton and Southampton but that could easily become us, Leeds and Southampton by Tuesday morning. 

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Who employs him?

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

For me, it's largely a case of categorising the games left for the teams down there and how they'll perceive their winnability.

Leicester

Should win: Everton (H,) West Ham (H)

Could win: Fulham (A,) Liverpool (H)

Won't win: Newcastle (A)

Everton

Should win: Leicester (A,) Bournemouth (H)

Could win: Wolves (A)

Won't win: Man City (H,) Brighton (A)

Leeds 

Should win: Bournemouth (A)

Could win: West Ham (A,) Tottenham (H)

Won't win: Man City (A,) Newcastle (H)

Forest

Should win: Southampton (H)

Could win: Crystal Palace (A,) Chelsea (A)

Won't win: Arsenal (H)

This is based purely on how the clubs will perceive those games and it's clear that this weekend is therefore vital for us, Everton and Leeds. 

I would argue that defeats for Everton and Leeds this weekend would be devastating as it's hard to see them picking up enough points (though more plausible with Everton, but they're already two points behind Leeds).

This could all change if Forest don't beat Southampton, as that appears to be their most obvious opportunity to win between now and the end of the season. Win that, pick up a point or two elsewhere and they might squeak home. Lose or draw and they could be done.

Gun to the head right now, I'd say Forest, Everton and Southampton but that could easily become us, Leeds and Southampton by Tuesday morning. 

My thinking is about the same too

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Was already at Leicester before the Thai consortium got involved.  Goes back to Mandaric days, yes, that long.

Yes, as a youth team coach. They made him director of football and put him on the board.

53 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I cant believe some posters on here criticising Top.  Yes, perhaps he has been naive and lacking in experience in certain matters, he and the board should have acted sooner in getting rid of Rogers but without his families financial clout the club wouldnt have the infrastructure it has today.

Another point, doesnt Top leave footballing decisions to Rudkin and the business side of things to Whelan within Leicester when he is out of the country?

If anyone is to blame it has to be Rudkin.  Massive contracts to bit part players, allowing players to run down contracts, those same players not wanting to leave because of inflated wages/contracts, allowing numerous amounts of players at the end of season being out of contract to leave, meaning we have to have a whole new squad costing millions.

Top is responsible for his continued employment and so is ultimately responsible for his failure. 

Top isn’t in the frame of “bad owner” in that he sucks money out of the club and doesn’t care about the fans like a Vincent Tan type, he’s a bad owner, simply because he can’t do the job very well. 

The minimum he needs to do is employ competent people to run the club for him and he’s failed to do that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Was already at Leicester before the Thai consortium got involved.  Goes back to Mandaric days, yes, that long.

..irrespective of how long he has been here, he has still to report to khun Top as the Chairman!!!

Very much the contracts offered, and failing to sell assets who are running down their contracts falls to a great degree with Rudkin, it is an area we need to look into for our continued survival. 

Khun Top appears to have gambled or Premiership status in order to bring Rodgers to the table in order to negotiate a termination that we either could not afford or stuck in Top's throat,  to give Rodgers that pay off. Rodgers did say that he had not spoken to Top in a year, which says to me there were issues between the two.

The undisclosed settlement has better be worth it, as this apparent brinkmanship has left us on the precipice, with a tattered parachute.

3 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Top employs him 

If it goes down to last day and West Ham are safe (likely imo), in my view it’s possibly the best fixture to have - and at home. They hopefully will have a European Final a week away, and nothing to play for in the league. Surely he would rest key players and also everyone knows Moyes won’t be there next season and there’s likely to be an exodus/rebuild. I’d take a must win fixture in that context all day long. 

If we win tomorrow, I think we will stay up, but it will be tight and could well go down to last day of the season.

I realise there’s a lot of ‘ifs’ in this post, and obviously if my aunty had bollocks she’d be my uncle, so…

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

If it goes down to last day and West Ham are safe (likely imo), in my view it’s possibly the best fixture to have - and at home. They hopefully will have a European Final a week away, and nothing to play for in the league. Surely he would rest key players and also everyone knows Moyes won’t be there next season and there’s likely to be an exodus/rebuild. I’d take a must win fixture in that context all day long. 

If we win tomorrow, I think we will stay up, but it will be tight and could well go down to last day of the season.

I realise there’s a lot of ‘ifs’ in this post, and obviously if my aunty had bollocks she’d be my uncle, so…

I keep hearing this but i don't agree. West Ham have been playing with fear all season. I think they will be more dangerous in a dead rubber situation with players looking to put a marker down to make the team for that final (if they make it). Personally, would rather be safe before then and 4 points in the next 2 games goes a long way to ensuring thats the case.

• Like 1

All four of us have one massive game left before the last game of the season that we really need to target to win which brings pressure in itself. If you don't win this game then you'll be struggling to the last game of the season.

Bournemouth vs Leeds

Leicester vs Everton

Forest vs Southampton 

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I suppose the counter argument is will he have learnt from this experience? I think we could do with seeing a couple more heads (namely Rudkin) roll to show this though.

That would be the best outcome, I hope he learns as quickly as his Dad did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I keep hearing this but i don't agree. West Ham have been playing with fear all season. I think they will be more dangerous in a dead rubber situation with players looking to put a marker down to make the team for that final (if they make it). Personally, would rather be safe before then and 4 points in the next 2 games goes a long way to ensuring thats the case.

Fair point. Maybe they might perform better without pressure.

I truly hope we are safe last day and it can be some sort of relaxed atmosphere, but struggling to see that scenario at the moment.

Even a draw would be a good result tomorrow but nah, no half measures we need to win it, do that and I think we would then have an absolutely fantastic opportunity of staying up - goal difference will be crucial!

Edited by Tuna