Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

56 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

:blink:

So we gone from the guy has given us two 5th place finishes, to now previous seasons dont matter, which way is it?

I never said previous seasons don't matter.

My point is this sport is played in seasons. "We've only won XX in 25 games", or whatever, is a load of rubbish. People just use it to back their point up but we're now in a new season.

You wouldn't say "oh XX has scored 15 goals in 25 games" you'd say he's scored 5 this season.

We had an inconsistent last season and we've been poor so far this season.

Might be me sounding boring but I like to keep stats to a season.

57 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Rodgers is done here I don’t know why people think it will change after the transfer window closes, his style of play and his persistence playing Vardy upfront on his own not to mention sub standard Amartey at the back, it’s just comical. I am not saying that what Rodgers has done for the club overall is bad, he’s done well. But honestly we have regressed over time and it’s beneficial for both parties to part ways as soon as possible.

Something has to change. We can’t change the players, so it has to be the manager.

Rodgers has been great, but it’s just part of the natural cycle and his time here is at an end.

The only stumbling block is Rodgers and the board being unable to agree who should be £10m out of pocket when he goes…..

• Like 1

4 games in and we are already 2 points adrift.  With our games coming up we could well be cut off by 5 or 6 points this time next month.  At what point do the owners pull the trigger is the question . 

Like I said before, if they want someone else in, they don't want them to start with horrendous fixtures.  For me, that's why Rodgers has Man United, Brighton, Villa and Spurs to turn it round.  If our run doesn't pick up, he's 100 percent gone after the spurs game. 

That would give the new manager Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Wolves to grab some momentum. 

Edited by kristianity77

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We have played 2 of the best teams in the league away from home. Yes things are not great at the moment, yes they need to improve but some of the histeria on here is a bit much. 

If after 10 games it's looking no better panic then. For now get behind the team

No. We played a bang average Chelsea side yesterday with injuries to key players.

Unless they continue spending they won’t be top four.

I agree with you re Arsenal

What worries me is there’s no fight in this team. And if you think fighting Is losing to ten men with a bit of effort when you’ve already gone 2-0 down, then you need to have a sit down in a dark room. 

We’re in genuine trouble, we’ve always been easy to beat, but now we lack fight, have a manager who doesn’t give a **** about us anymore and are easy to beat.

31 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

4 games in and we are already 2 points adrift.  With our games coming up we could well be cut off by 5 or 6 points this time next month.  At what point do the owners pull the trigger is the question . 

Like I said before, if they want someone else in, they don't want them to start with horrendous fixtures.  For me, that's why Rodgers has Man United, Brighton, Villa and Spurs to turn it round.  If our run doesn't pick up, he's 100 percent gone after the spurs game. 

That would give the new manager Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Wolves to grab some momentum. 

I don't see him getting that long.

I'd have a good bet ether us or Villa have a new manager for that game.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

They work hard but are appalling. They'll be rumbled within the next 5 games max

They concede almost as many chances as us but have a better keeper… not sure I fancy my chances in a relegation scrap with them 😅

48 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

Does seem a bit mad that he's given more time than Ranieri was.

We were heading towards relegation with Ranieri.

This is the start of the season, you are better off comparing with the amount of time we gave Shakey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We have played 2 of the best teams in the league away from home. Yes things are not great at the moment, yes they need to improve but some of the histeria on here is a bit much. 

If after 10 games it's looking no better panic then. For now get behind the team

We've also played two of the worst one's at home! Sorry to piss on your optimistic chips.

Oh and last year wasn't very good if you take away the latter 9 points having beaten a bunch of duffers.

Edited by volpeazzurro

Guest Kopfkino
5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Let's not turn on Top ffs. 

We have no idea of any internal conversations the club have. We have no idea on the conversation Top has with Rodgers. 

But suddenly it's all his fault. Come on, people. Let's not exaggerate and pin the downfall on him. 

Well it is his responsibility - if you own something you tend to have to own wtf is going on with it. Sure we don’t know exactly what is going on behind - part of the problem that football clubs don’t feel they should communicate with their stakeholders - but we do know all is not going well

I cannot think of anytime where not signing a player all transfer window would a)not look like there’s serious issues and b)where the owner would get away with it from the fans of any other team.

Everything that’s been thrown at Rodgers can also be thrown at Top - except specifically whereas Rodgers has to own team performance and results, Top owns Rodgers’ performance. All those that are so vociferously against Rodgers, or even hate him in some cases, must surely be frustrated at the people that keep him in his job and have authorised everything that’s gone on under Rodgers.

Top is in position because of who his father was rather than something he has built himself. Sure he’s been part of something great, learnt along the way and is far more qualified for the role than I but sentimentality is the only thing that’s keeping him from even a % of the criticism owners of other clubs would be getting right now.

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

This is what concerns me. Dangerous to think it can't happen to us.

It is blindingly obvious that we are at risk. I’d be tempted to put money on us still being bottom at the start of October given our next 4 games are arguably harder than the first 4; Villa is our best chance of picking up points before we meet Forest in October. They could easily be more than a win ahead of us by then… 

16 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

This is what concerns me. Dangerous to think it can't happen to us.

We're in the sh1t, make no mistake about it!

We could very easily get relegated this season.

One thing is for sure, we'll be down in that 'dog fight' zone all season!

• Sad 1