Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You’re right. 

However, that is 10 points from 4. That’s a hell of a return at any time in the season.

Be 8 wouldn’t it? 

• Like 2

If it reassures anyone, these are the odds for relegation with Ladbrokes as of tonight: 

Southampton - 1/100

Everton - 4/9

Leeds - 4/6

Forest - 4/6

Leicester - 5/2

Seeing that definitely made me feel a bit better, along with 538's final table prediction. 

We just need a win tomorrow to make these predictions a reality. 

Just now, Verumex said:

If it reassures anyone, these are the odds for relegation with Ladbrokes as of tonight: 

Southampton - 1/100

Everton - 4/9

Leeds - 4/6

Forest - 4/6

Leicester - 5/2

Seeing that definitely made me feel a bit better, along with 538's final table prediction. 

We just need a win tomorrow to make these predictions a reality. 

Genuine question and I don’t mean to sound rude but why do those odds make you feel any worse/better? We know the bookies are always right but those specific prices are completely meaningless in reality 

50 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Genuine question and I don’t mean to sound rude but why do those odds make you feel any worse/better? We know the bookies are always right but those specific prices are completely meaningless in reality 

Because it means that a group of analysts have looked at the situation objectively and without bias, and determined that 4 teams are more likely to be relegated than us.

41 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Because it means that a group of analysts have looked at the situation objectively and without bias, and determined that 4 teams are more likely to be relegated than us.

But fked up big time when we got the title,so could fall like a dying swan predicting any great escape II

• Haha 1

This weekend could not in our wildest dreams gone any better for us. Get a win later and fingers crossed. Its ironically the goal difference that's our best friend at mo. Even if we draw we go above forest and Leeds. Just follow their results in.lol

Also haven't we 2 or 3 Monday night fixtures to follow forest and Leeds in. We know what they've. Done and just try and equal or more. Fixture list on days played big advantage. That's why final day all games played at same time.

I honestly think 33 points will keep teams safe this year. Truthfully believe that 3 draws could keep us up on goal difference (not that I want it to go that way).

How I can see it finishing, but obviously impossible to fully predict.

15th - West Ham (37 points)
16th - Forest (35 points)
17th - Leicester (34 points)

18th - Leeds (32 points)

19th - Everton (32 points)

20th - Southampton (27 points)

16 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

I cant believe some posters on here criticising Top.  Yes, perhaps he has been naive and lacking in experience in certain matters, he and the board should have acted sooner in getting rid of Rogers but without his families financial clout the club wouldnt have the infrastructure it has today.

Another point, doesnt Top leave footballing decisions to Rudkin and the business side of things to Whelan within Leicester when he is out of the country?

If anyone is to blame it has to be Rudkin.  Massive contracts to bit part players, allowing players to run down contracts, those same players not wanting to leave because of inflated wages/contracts, allowing numerous amounts of players at the end of season being out of contract to leave, meaning we have to have a whole new squad costing millions.

I can only see one man to blame and that is Rudkin.

Maybe because Top hasn’t shown great business nous (particularly this season).

I was talking to a mate who is a ST holder at Brighton and Bloom always has a management succession plan in place even when their current boss is doing well/ok.

De Zerbi was announced how quickly?

Whilst Top (as others said) missed making the move during an international window and then to make matters worse had blind faith/no plan and let S&S play Rodgers lite.

It’s ok to call out that mis-management surely?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Verumex said:

That’s not what it means, unfortunately. 

The bookies are looking to make the biggest profit, no matter the outcome, and their odds are set to achieve that. 

Also, the odds will swing wildly after every game played. If we drop any points against Everton, you can be sure to see that reflected in the odds. 

13 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You’re right. 

However, that is 10 points from 4. That’s a hell of a return at any time in the season.

They bloody owe it to us though. Hopefully our run of form has come at the right time. It was hard watching the likes of Bournemouth and Forest etc picking up results here and there whilst we lost every week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I am by no means deeming that this would be acceptable but if we lose to Everton we're still not out of it by any means. Admittedly it would be hard to be positive at all though.

I just think mentally we wouldn't recover. And that's just the fans 

Another good round of results for us yesterday. If we get relegated from this position it will be entirely our own fault and we’d deserve to go down, everything going our way. After the Everton match we still have West Ham and Fulham, and both likely preparing for their hols. Plenty of points there to put us safe.

Edited by WigstonWanderer