Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

6 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Maybe because Top hasn’t shown great business nous (particularly this season).

I was talking to a mate who is a ST holder at Brighton and Bloom always has a management succession plan in place even when their current boss is doing well/ok.

De Zerbi was announced how quickly?

Whilst Top (as others said) missed making the move during an international window and then to make matters worse had blind faith/no plan and let S&S play Rodgers lite.

It’s ok to call out that mis-management surely?

The facts are very unlikely to come out 

there will be confidentiality clauses on both sides 

I think you need to ask yourself what was the difference pre palace and post palace ?  It was likely a financially influenced call but not exclusively. It takes two sides to make a deal.

A win today would be massive building momentum & confidence on the back of the last two results and effectively consigning Everton to relegation. 

Come on lads all of you need to turn up tonight 🙌🙌

Just now, st albans fox said:

I think you need to ask yourself what was the difference pre palace and post palace ?  It was likely a financially influenced call but not exclusively. It takes two sides to make a deal.

Which may be true.

The lack of forward planning - Smith & co were hardly first choice is almost as frustrating for me though.

Hence why I was agreeing with another post about questions rightfully should be asked.

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Which may be true.

The lack of forward planning - Smith & co were hardly first choice is almost as frustrating for me though.

Hence why I was agreeing with another post about questions rightfully should be asked.

If you weren’t expecting to lose your coach then you probably wouldn’t have a firm plan in place. I have no knowledge but assume that they did have some plans but the late timing and some moving of goalposts meant they couldn’t be put into action. 

look at Chelsea, Leeds, Southampton…… all with interim coaches

11 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

A win today would be massive building momentum & confidence on the back of the last two results and effectively consigning Everton to relegation. 

Come on lads all of you need to turn up tonight 🙌🙌

I don't think they are certs to be relegated should they lose, but it makes them usurping us improbable (which is all I care about) 

For me, tonight is the opportunity for (more or less) ensuring there will be two teams below us come the end of the season. Just leaving us to work on Forest, Leeds and even West Ham for that third spot. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If you weren’t expecting to lose your coach then you probably wouldn’t have a firm plan in place. I have no knowledge but assume that they did have some plans but the late timing and some moving of goalposts meant they couldn’t be put into action. 

look at Chelsea, Leeds, Southampton…… all with interim coaches

Or look at Bloom at Brighton?

Even Newcastle (hate saying this) have made very good business decisions since the takeover.

Chelsea are a joke right now, Leeds appear to have similar board issues, Southampton hired Nathan Jones so another poorly run club IMO.

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Well, you got the weekend you wanted/needed. 

Just don't **** it up tomorrow. I'd love to see the meltdown and financial chaos of Everton relegated. Make it happen. 

Got the weekend we wanted & needed…:dunno:

But has it just brewed up the perfect storm..

and we are just sitting precociously  in the eye…

Looking at the fixtures even being generous to other teams I can only see Forest, Everton, Leeds or Southampton getting 34 points max. Considering our goal difference that will be enough to keep us up imo.

On 29/04/2023 at 15:51, Cosmik said:

Mature. Says more about you than me.

You're the mature one saying we're down when mathematically we're not and it's in our own hands. Grow a pair and back the lads.

10 hours ago, Verumex said:

Because it means that a group of analysts have looked at the situation objectively and without bias, and determined that 4 teams are more likely to be relegated than us.

I guess the point I’m making is that their judgement is probably based off past conquests and the perception we are ‘too good to go down’ when in reality we’re an absolute mess and rightly deserve to be 2nd bottom or even bottom. Not quite sure how you can take any confidence from the bookies odds 

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I guess the point I’m making is that their judgement is probably based off past conquests and the perception we are ‘too good to go down’ when in reality we’re an absolute mess and rightly deserve to be 2nd bottom or even bottom. Not quite sure how you can take any confidence from the bookies odds 

You can't. I work in a bookies and as you say it goes off popular opinion as much as data. That's why England are always one of the favourites in world cup markets

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Everton, Leeds and Southampton fans probably think the same way about themselves.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I am by no means deeming that this would be acceptable but if we lose to Everton we're still not out of it by any means. Admittedly it would be hard to be positive at all though.

Agree. 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I am by no means deeming that this would be acceptable but if we lose to Everton we're still not out of it by any means. Admittedly it would be hard to be positive at all though.

Technically but it would leave it more down to pure hope and maths other than it being likely if we win this we probably get something from Fulham too and are almost there

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

You’re probably right but as custodians of the club there should be some sort of accountability on their part to give assurances to the fans that we won’t be in this situation again. I think they can probably do that without going into the details of what’s gone on, but I’d be really uncomfortable if they don’t address it at all.

9 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

Hope there's some sort of permutation regarding fixtures/results that contrives to flush away Everton, Leeds & Forest. All think they're bigger than they really are.

Spot on 

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I just think mentally we wouldn't recover. And that's just the fans 

I don't think that would be the case. Monday night you feel sick at the opportunity missed but by Tuesday night you're back on the grind looking for escape routes out.

Our next three after tonight is Fulham (a) who are now just mid table with Europe and relegation out of the equation, a home game to a hit and miss Liverpool and Newcastle (a) who might already have secured Champions League the game before. The three clubs around us have the below fixtures. Only Southampton at home looks like it will yield points which brings pressure in itself to Forest, the rest will be many losses with the odd draw. It doesn't look like anyone will be getting away from us.

I've not added the last games of the season as everyone will know what they have to do which can bring up unexpected results in itself.

Man City (h)

Arsenal (h)

Newcastle (h)

Southampton (h)

Man City (a)

Chelsea (a)

Brighton (a)

Wolves (a)

West Ham (a)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 08:16, Mickyblueeyes said:

How can so many call it “bollocks” or “rubbish” and then openly admit mistakes. It doesn’t make sense. I understand there is affiliation and in some cases, admiration for the KP brand. However, right now there is significant issues with the ownership and in particular decision making. I assure you, unless significant changes are made, I will see you all here in a years time just like Rodgers.

There are many on here who would have issue with Mike Ashley showing up as owner. Tell me (because I don’t know) what the difference is ? Let’s be less emotional and really assess the impact on the club of having a highly emotional owner with poor experience and a struggling management team. What does that bring ? Financial issues, disorganised growth plans and significant issues with structure ? Oh. It aint all Rodgers is it - the guy took the piss but there is someone somewhere who let him. You may disagree but pretending that any billionsIre/millionaire is out there to fail/lose money is stupidity. All decisions are well intentioned for one reason or the other. We just happen to have (at this moment in time) a bad one when it comes to those decisions. 

you called top worse than a parasite 

4 hours ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

Hope there's some sort of permutation regarding fixtures/results that contrives to flush away Everton, Leeds & Forest. All think they're bigger than they really are.

if Southampton had gotten a result yesterday then maybe (a draw yesterday and a win v Forest and they'd be 2 points behind with 3 to play), as is it's possible but not at all realistic 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

if Southampton had gotten a result yesterday then maybe (a draw yesterday and a win v Forest and they'd be 2 points behind with 3 to play), as is it's possible but not at all realistic 

At least Southampton will be going all out to win at Forest, a win there and a win the week after against Fulham at home puts them right in the mix for the last two games as it doesn't look like anyone is collecting many points after tonight with the fixture lists we all have.