Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, coolhandfox said:

All to play for. 

It's not that simple though, Forest and Everton have significantly easier fixtures than us and Leeds. If we stay up it's dependent more on if our opposition decide to turn up as they're all significantly better than us.

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Probably posts on Forest, Leeds, Everton and Southampton forums all saying the same thing!

Exactly, we are all about as shit as each other, its very open for me.

Jeez what a negative thread. We played poorly today and came away with a point. Unbeaten in 3 however you want to look at it. Fulham is a winnable fixture, you can get at this Liverpool team and West Ham look shot too.

Time to get behind the boys again, what else can you do!?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Hard to call out of this still. Everton could easily lose all those 4 games for instance. Forest probably got the best fixtures unfortunately for you. 

Could also see Spurs losing to Leeds on thr last day to send you down? That would not go down well!!

Everton:

Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Leicester:

Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Forest:

Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Leeds:

City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Tottenham (H).

Could actually see all 4 sides taking 4 points

Just now, honeybradger said:

It's not that simple though, Forest and Everton have significantly easier fixtures than us and Leeds. If we stay up it's dependent more on if our opposition decide to turn up as they're all significantly better than us.

Football doesn't alway work out that way, it's not won or lost on paper.

Keep the faith 

I don’t think Leeds were as bad against us as they have been against other teams. 

Everton tonight played well in spells.

No idea why Vardys not smashing a penalty in. 

Not sure what to make of it. Should have won, could have lost. 

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

One plus now is we aren't playing direct competition, losing today or against Leeds the other night would have been massive.

That works both ways. Winning would have been massive and put us likely out of reach of them.

Missed our best chance to drag ourselves out. Now it’s down to a bit of a lottery as to who can pick up unexpected points. It’s the relegation equivalent of a game going to penalties.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Football doesn't alway work out that way, it's not won or lost on paper.

Keep the faith 

I hope you're right but I cant help but feel that survival is more in the hands of everton and Forrest going forward. Hope I'm wrong and we get a couple of results.

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Watch us beat newcastle and liverpool but lose to fulham and west ham lol

Beating Liverpool would make beating Newcastle more likely as that would be them officially in the champions league next season.  A lot of teams switch off at that point especially when they can't finish any higher. 

2 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

That works both ways. Winning would have been massive and put us likely out of reach of them.

Missed our best chance to drag ourselves out. Now it’s down to a bit of a lottery as to who can pick up unexpected points. It’s the relegation equivalent of a game going to penalties.

I'd say extra time, penalties will be last game of the season.

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

Aware it works both ways but trying to figure out the approach from the past two games. We match 2 other sides results and we're up now, we're aren't playing catch up hoping for teams to lose. It's not really the equivalent as we still have 4 games left?

I'm glad that we've managed to come back and take points from Everton and Leeds but why are we not capable of winning these 6 pointers?

Don't get me wrong a few weeks ago we'd of rolled over for these games but take a poxy team like Bournemouth who will most likely be playing PL football next season and we won't, all because they won the games they needed to win when it mattered.

Seriously what is wrong with our lot, we're a laughing stock, at least the others down there have been for years or newly promoted, it's just ridiculous how quick our fall from grace had been with virtually the same bloody players!!!

Just now, Gazza M said:

I think 36 points will be enough with our goal difference being the best out of the shite down there. Win against Fulham and West Ham will do it but obviously don't want it to be a last day escape. 

I agree, but we have played all the s**t now and failed, don't see how we can get another 6 points, from these 4. 3 maybe against West ham, 1 maybe from the others. 34 probably not enough. And I think I'm being optimistic

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Hard to call out of this still. Everton could easily lose all those 4 games for instance. Forest probably got the best fixtures unfortunately for you. 

Could also see Spurs losing to Leeds on thr last day to send you down? That would not go down well!!

Everton:

Brighton (A)
City (H)
Wolves (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Leicester:

Fulham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (H)

Forest:

Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

Leeds:

City (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
Tottenham (H).

Of those 16 games, there is probably only one or two wins on current form so 3 points might be enough for someone. We are entering silly season however.

• Like 1

Just now, squidsworth said:

I agree, but we have played all the s**t now and failed, don't see how we can get another 6 points, from these 4. 3 maybe against West ham, 1 maybe from the others. 34 probably not enough. And I think I'm being optimistic

I don't see Fulham having too much to play for scrapping like Everton and Leeds were. I think West Ham probably safe by last day will be on the sun loungers mentally but if they continue to sink we could be playing a winner takes all match so 6 is very possible. 

2 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I don't see Fulham having too much to play for scrapping like Everton and Leeds were. I think West Ham probably safe by last day will be on the sun loungers mentally but if they continue to sink we could be playing a winner takes all match so 6 is very possible. 

I hope you're right but I'm not seeing it out there, that's the problem. We've been lucky most results the last two weeks been in our favour, or things would be much worse then they are. But I think, sadly, it's going to be a case of too little, too late. :-(

45 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

What have you seen from Forest and even moreso Leeds and Everton to give us absolutely no chance? We are all woeful down there and no of the 5 really deserve to stay up.

Because I can’t see us beating, Newcastle, Liverpool or West Ham