Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, Raj said:

At the end of the day we couldnt beat two of the shittest  teams in the league.

Today we made Everton look good and if it wasnt for Iversen having a blinder we would have lost.

I'm all for positivity and happy clapping, but reality is there to see.

Some of our players are shot.

2 ways to look at it Everton and Leeds are fighting for there lives which have made these games so scrappy and end to end they were always unlikely to be how they looked on paper

• Like 1

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

2 ways to look at it Everton and Leeds are fighting for there lives which have made these games so scrappy and end to end they were always unlikely to be how they looked on paper

Yes bit the worrying thing is both had better chances to win the games than us.

We just have to beat Fulham and West Ham and hope 36 is enough with the good goal difference. Liverpool and Newcastle will just make too many chances against us and the chance of picking up points in those matches is so slim.

Just now, Raj said:

Yes bit the worrying thing is both had better chances to win the games than us.

Down to how shit we are and how end to end the game was, Vardy had the one where he hit the bar first half and the header 6 yard box and obviously the Maddison missed peno then they had glorious chances to draws probably fair from these last 2 games. I don’t think we’re up to much but I do think everyone of these last 4 games there’s points to be had, Liverpool can be just as rotten as us lot, Newcastle are likely to have a drop in result somewhere just hope it is against us and then the other 2 would like to think are even games

I've thought all season we'd go down but today was the first time I got that sinking feeling that this is really happening and that I need to come to terms with us playing in the 2nd tier next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Livid said:

This team simply cannot make it through 90 minutes without someone somewhere screwing up at some point. 

For all the tens of thousands of posts over the last 9 months this is really the perfect summary.

Amazed at the negativity. We were second best, yet pointed and moved out of the relegation zone. 

Pragmatism will keep us up. Not panic. Doesn't matter who the games are against, the point still counts. 

Unbeaten in 3. We are clawing our way to survival. Agonising. But effective. 

We looked so disjointed, not enough movement when we have the ball which is why we keep getting caught with the ball. On that display we wont stay up, ca t see us getting anything from liverpool or Newcastle. 

I’ve been looking at fixtures for us and other teams thinking: “if this, if that, let’s see if… etc.etc…” all bloody week! 

I can’t be arsed anymore as there will be results that are unexpected between now and the end of the season and with 5 teams fighting for everything it will be impossible to predict.

I’m not going to use the dreadful: “just enjoy the ride” phrase - as there is nothing to enjoy about this sh1t! I’m just not going to overthink it and hope that we’ve still got something to play for come our final game against West Ham 

23 minutes ago, David Lowe said:

We just have to beat Fulham and West Ham and hope 36 is enough with the good goal difference. Liverpool and Newcastle will just make too many chances against us and the chance of picking up points in those matches is so slim.

I honestly think 34 will be enough to stay up. 

I can’t see Leeds or Everton getting that. Maybe even Forest. 

31 minutes ago, Raj said:

At the end of the day we couldnt beat two of the shittest  teams in the league.

Today we made Everton look good and if it wasnt for Iversen having a blinder we would have lost.

I'm all for positivity and happy clapping, but reality is there to see.

Some of our players are shot.

End of the season is a bad time to play teams fighting for survival, Everton and Leeds were never going to be easy games for us.

You also have to remember the state of the team Dean took over.  He even admitted he cant fix the fitness at such short time, which is why we got players looking shot and lacking energy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

My concern with Notts Forest is that despite being clearly the worst squad in the premier league, they have more fight and significantly more shithousery about them than we do, particularly at home. We are collectively soft. Soyuncu and Iversen have bought some fight back but it’s not enough. 

There’s points in a depleted Fulham, an on the beach West Ham and potentially a very hung over Newcastle side. I can see us getting a draw vs Liverpool also.

Today was shit but not over yet. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

You may be right. I can certainly see Forest beating Southampton and winning one of their away matches. There is definitely a case that Leeds and Everton will not get 6 looking at their fixtures.

If we somehow survive this season, we are definitely going down next. Imagine this team without Tielemans, Maddison and Cags. We are terrible with them, we are ****ed without them.

Need a major, major rebuild top to bottom and unfortunately that won't be done anytime soon.