Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

24 minutes ago, John12345 said:

I think sadly it will be us leeds and soton. I think we will get 4 points but everton and forest will get 6. Unless smith can work out how to protect the defence more.

Everton aren't getting 6 points. No way they beat Brighton or Man City. A now inform Bournemouth and Wolves away could bring maybe 2 points.

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

End of the season is a bad time to play teams fighting for survival, Everton and Leeds were never going to be easy games for us.

You also have to remember the state of the team Dean took over.  He even admitted he cant fix the fitness at such short time, which is why we got players looking shot and lacking energy.

Did he say we had an issue with fitness? I've always said that for a few seasons

6 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

If we somehow survive this season, we are definitely going down next. Imagine this team without Tielemans, Maddison and Cags. We are terrible with them, we are ****ed without them.

Need a major, major rebuild top to bottom and unfortunately that won't be done anytime soon. 

I think we’d easily be mid table next season if we stay up

Just now, Stevosevic said:

A Wolves who are safe and just lost 6-0…

And a potentially on the beach Bournemouth at home on the final day…

I wouldn’t be so quick to write off fixtures for other teams 

Agreed, they could well get 6 out those last 2 which is why tonight was such a big game for us. And we failed.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Everton are getting 6 points. No way they beat Brighton or Man City. A now on the beach Bournemouth and in their flip flops Wolves away could bring easily 6 points.

Corrected your spelling errors

4 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I think we’d easily be mid table next season if we stay up

Based on what? We can't win a game with the creativity we have. Take that creativity away, I see us really struggling. 

I think the double jeopardy of these 6 pointers does add an extra dimension. You can definitely become fearful of losing rather than going out to win it. In fairness I thought Everton did come to win today, albeit by being very direct, and so I'm just glad we didn't lose.

I think we've got Fulham at a great time. No Mitrovic, picked up a couple of injuries at the weekend, and in poor form. I'm hoping it not being against a relegation rival frees us up a bit.

Fulham being on the beach with no mitrovic, ream or Pereira is our only hope. We're getting nothing from Newcastle or Liverpool and west ham will be able to exploit our weaknesses too easily with the pressure we'll be under 

Not a loss, but a game we needed to be winning.

We're out of the relegation zone, just, and 1 game closer to the end of the season (Hallelujah).

Time will tell if it's an important point or not enough. 

13 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Everton aren't getting 6 points. No way they beat Brighton or Man City. A now inform Bournemouth and Wolves away could bring maybe 2 points.

They showed enough to me tonight to suggest they can beat an unmotivated Wolves away and Bournemouth at home, but I hope you're right.

It's the performances that concern me more. We concede so many chances every game that we often rely on the keeper to have a great game just to stay in it. I can't see us surviving if we don't find a way of becoming more solid. For me, Soumare has to come out of the team and bring praet or kdh in

• Like 1

This 'on the beach' stuff might be overplayed a bit. In the title year WBA drew with Spurs towards the end of the season in a hard fought game that helped us a lot. I might be wrong, but were WBA safe when they played Spurs? Sometimes a relaxed team can play good football and enjoy it.

• Like 2

Just now, MancFox24 said:

It's the performances that concern me more. We concede so many chances every game that we often rely on the keeper to have a great game just to stay in it. I can't see us surviving if we don't find a way of becoming more solid. For me, Soumare has to come out of the team and bring praet or kdh in

Really? Did you actually watch the game. Soumare was one of the better players. It's Ndidi who shouldn't be in the side on current form.

• Like 1

So we stay up and start next season without Tielemans and Maddison and with Vardy another year older. I hope our recruitment team can perform miracles ! 

I don’t want us to go down but part of me thinks that to get back to where we were we need a root and branch rebuild across all aspects of the footballing side that we just can’t do in the PL 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

This 'on the beach' stuff might be overplayed a bit. In the title year WBA drew with Spurs towards the end of the season in a hard fought game that helped us a lot. I might be wrong, but were WBA safe when they played Spurs? Sometimes a relaxed team can play good football and enjoy it.

Totally agree, I think people also forget that we manage to make teams look better than they really are and I wouldn't take today's game as Everton getting 6 points from their last 2 games.

If that was the case we'll get 3 from on the beach Fulham who are safe, 3 from on the beach Liverpool settling for Europa league, 3 from on the beach Newcastle who'll have champions league and 3 from on the beach West ham who are safe just on the basis of us playing well today.

I'm wandering but my point is I agree, just because a team can relax doesn't mean they're gonna come out and take it easy.

14 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Can’t agree with that. The massive issue we had in midfield was a totally out of sorts Ndidi and to a lesser extent a slightly off the pace and average performance from Tielemans. Soumare was by far our best midfielder. 

• Like 1

Some of you guys are really positive. I just can’t work out where we get 4/5 points from. We’ve played Leeds who are in absolute turmoil and talking about sacking their second manager. They had enough chances to put us to bed. We followed that up against Everton who could’ve had 5/6 against us at home. 

How do you take those same players, with their mentality. A guaranteed goal against us a game and face off against Liverpool and Newcastle. Fulham who are a class or two above us and West Ham who will probably be quite relaxed when they play us. We’ve had our run to try and get out of it and thrown it. We are reliant on the others to do our job now and hope, pray, beg for one freak result in our favour. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I hope you are right my friend, I really do. They should have beaten us .