Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

i just don’t know now. I didn’t expect to get out played by everton. I thought maybe they sh*t house something but they’ve actually made that a proper game. 

If they continue to show up like that they’ll get results.

anything can happen and i’m so uneasy. 

Feels like we’ve had enough chances to win but not capitalized and that’s going to sting at the end of the season. 

Let’s hope fulham are on the beach because it really feels like the last chance. Can’t be sat in the relegation zone with liverpool and newcastle up next 

On form, Leeds should be toast with their run-in.  As absurd as the idea of bringing in Big Sam is if I were them, I’d certainly do it.  Why not?  Absolutely nothing to lose - under Gracia they’re pretty much done.  If Sam can find a way to steal a point from their othe three (not against Man City, obviously) and then beat West Ham they could just make it.

Edited by Deeg67

11 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Can get something against Fulham and West Ham, possibly even Liverpool. Writing off Newcastle. 

Got to hope Newcastle secure Champions League qualification on the Thursday against Brighton, spend the weekend getting hammered and play like we did against Brighton when we won the Championship. Reckon there’s marginally more hope of that than there is of us getting a result against Liverpool.

Stress levels are gonna be through the roof in each one of these last few games aren't they :sweating:

Very very difficult watch. At least we had momentum in the Great Escape season which made it enjoyable

Nothing is off the table this year

Edited by HybridFox

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

Got to hope Newcastle secure Champions League qualification on the Thursday against Brighton, spend the weekend getting hammered and play like we did against Brighton when we won the Championship. Reckon there’s marginally more hope of that than there is of us getting a result against Liverpool.

The only thing I would say is we've got a decent record against Liverpool at home. Certainly been a thorn in their side on many an occasion

We'll either get trounced or put them to the sword in my opinion. There's no inbetween

Edited by HybridFox

4 hours ago, FoxOfMelton said:

We're done now.

Make sure you put your sheets in the wash before you go to work as you've obviously pissed yourself during the night. If you really think we're done you can have a huge bet at 2/1, not a bad return on something that is inevitable.

The betting markets have the implied chances of being relegated:

Leicester 33%

Forest 50%

--------------------------------

Everton 55%

Leeds 62%

Southampton 96%

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

It's not that simple though, Forest and Everton have significantly easier fixtures than us and Leeds. If we stay up it's dependent more on if our opposition decide to turn up as they're all significantly better than us.

No they haven't, there is every chance that Everton get one point or less in the next three with:

Brighton (a)

Man City (h)

Wolves (a)

Even if they did get 1pt and we lost our next three we still go into the last game only having to match their result to finish above them.

Leeds don't have it any easier with:

Man City (a)

Newcastle (h)

West Ham (a)

Forest have their big test next match at home to Southampton but Southampton also have to win to get within a win of safety. I refuse to believe that for Forest this is a walk in the park, they're no better than Southampton.

I'll also tell you that the clubs in the bottom four will be cacking themselves when we play Fulham (a) just like those same people were dreading a Leeds win at Bournemouth.

We're crap but we're no worse than our relegation rivals. A win at Fulham (which Betfair has us joint favourites with Fulham to win) will mean our rivals will need a win and a draw to overtake us or in Everton's case two wins. We are far from sunk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Yes bit the worrying thing is both had better chances to win the games than us.

They didn't though, goal expectation for both games were:

Leeds 2.1 Leicester 2.09

Leicester 3.32 Everton 3.29

You can't get much closer for two games that the draw was a fair result.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

No they haven't, there is every chance that Everton get one point or less in the next three with:

Brighton (a)

Man City (h)

Wolves (a)

Even if they did get 1pt and we lost our next three we still go into the last game only having to match their result to finish above them.

Leeds don't have it any easier with:

Man City (a)

Newcastle (h)

West Ham (a)

Forest have their big test next match at home to Southampton but Southampton also have to win to get within a win of safety. I refuse to believe that for Forest this is a walk in the park, they're no better than Southampton.

I'll also tell you that the clubs in the bottom four will be cacking themselves when we play Fulham (a) just like those same people were dreading a Leeds win at Bournemouth.

We're crap but we're no worse than our relegation rivals. A win at Fulham (which Betfair has us joint favourites with Fulham to win) will mean our rivals will need a win and a draw to overtake us or in Everton's case two wins. We are far from sunk.

Thank you…. Finally a sensible post. 

Particularly on Forest, where has the notion come from they have an easy run? Southampton, Chelsea and Arsenal is not an easy run? They could easily lose all three of those games. 

We haven’t lost the game, we’re picking up points which is good. The frustration is we had a chance to put the game to bed and didn’t. 

I personally still fancy our chances, it’s not over until the maths say it is. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Thank you…. Finally a sensible post. 

Particularly on Forest, where has the notion come from they have an easy run? Southampton, Chelsea and Arsenal is not an easy run? They could easily lose all three of those games. 

We haven’t lost the game, we’re picking up points which is good. The frustration is we had a chance to put the game to bed and didn’t. 

I personally still fancy our chances, it’s not over until the maths say it is. 

I guess the view about F*rest’s run in are coloured by the fact Southampton are rock bottom and the fine job Lampard is doing with the Harlem Globetrotters.

I agree it possible we stay up, but as  ever our Club don’t do things the easy way. Stressed and then some 😜

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Honestly I just want a clear out, whether that’s in the PL or the Championship I don’t care, we need to clear half these clowns out. 

God help us if we get the singings wrong this summer, we’ll be in free fall. 

Agreed massive job whichever league we are in.

we'll stay up this season on account of there being three teams more of a disaster than us but we're gonna be circling the drain for a few seasons like Everton have been (and I did say after last season we'd turn into another Everton if Rodgers was allowed to start this one). ultimately though, it's in our hands, we're going into the next game out of the relegation zone and against teams that aren't scrapping as much, the general mentality among the players is weak but out of the relegation zone relieves pressure and Smiths getting that mentality stronger each week, 3 successive games where we've come from behind, under Rodgers we'd have crumbled and taken 0 points rather than 5.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Make sure you put your sheets in the wash before you go to work as you've obviously pissed yourself during the night. If you really think we're done you can have a huge bet at 2/1, not a bad return on something that is inevitable.

The betting markets have the implied chances of being relegated:

Leicester 33%

Forest 50%

--------------------------------

Everton 55%

Leeds 62%

Southampton 96%

I would put us more like 50/50, but those figures look pretty accurate to me.

We ain't done yet, this is going to the last match.

8 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I would put us more like 50/50, but those figures look pretty accurate to me.

We ain't done yet, this is going to the last match.

better than 50/50, now we're out of the relegation zone, our goal difference comes into play and it's like an extra point. Leeds and Forest have to out do our point return, matching it and hoping on margins isn't enough 

2 points from Leeds and Everton, two horrendous sides, is crap. We needed a minimum of 4 imho. Even winning one and losing the other would have obviously been preferable. Two draws and no daylight between us and them is poor.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ashdav86 said:

The wife is scoping out shopping centres near Rotherham as we speak

Don't know where the win is going to come from now

She’s in luck, Meadowhall is 5 minutes from Rotherham’s ground! Definitely more appealing place to spend time than watching this lot as it stands!

Trying to pull positive out at the minute and the only one is that is 3 undefeated and that hasn’t happened often this season. Though we needed 2 wins at least out of the 3 I fear.

I don't think we win another game this season. We've made Leeds and Everton look good and missed huge opportunities. 

Let's face it....the Dean Smith experiment has failed. We don't really control games and our defence is massively exposed. Not being able to keep clean sheets will always be a problem but we have compounded our problem by our 'big' players totally choking (barring Vardy). 

7 minutes ago, teblin said:

Trying to pull positive out at the minute and the only one is that is 3 undefeated and that hasn’t happened often this season. Though we needed 2 wins at least out of the 3 I fear.

There are at least two more:

We've got a keeper.

Two really crap teams have to do better than us over the last four games.

3 minutes ago, Eskay said:

I don't think we win another game this season. We've made Leeds and Everton look good and missed huge opportunities. 

Let's face it....the Dean Smith experiment has failed. We don't really control games and our defence is massively exposed. Not being able to keep clean sheets will always be a problem but we have compounded our problem by our 'big' players totally choking (barring Vardy). 

I fear it would have been the same with anyone who we’d have brought in. Smith and co can’t have any blame attached to them given what they came into. But it is disappointing that they haven’t found a way to win one or both of these last two.