Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

In Smiths defence he’s at least got some points on the board. He cannot account for missed opportunities. Yeah it hasn’t been great. But we’ve come from behind three games in a row. 

I wonder whether playing against teams in a better position might be help. It could take the edge off, there’s no doubt some of our players look terrified. 

• Like 1

If Ward had been in goal we'd have lost that 2-6. 

The amount of shots coming at us again is just far too many, but then when you have Ndidi, Thomas and Soumare wandering around and Tielemans jogging, it's no surprise. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eskay said:

I don't think we win another game this season. We've made Leeds and Everton look good and missed huge opportunities. 

Let's face it....the Dean Smith experiment has failed. We don't really control games and our defence is massively exposed. Not being able to keep clean sheets will always be a problem but we have compounded our problem by our 'big' players totally choking (barring Vardy). 

The worry for me is how disorganised we look, mainly in midfield, where we are so open and easy to play through it's unreal.  Our left side is also a major issue. Defensively our left backs are not great and also get zero help from Barnes, which doesn't help either, and teams have identified that side to target. We probably have picked up more points than if we had kept that clown Rodgers, but it's not really been the bounce we would have hoped for, and I'm not seeing anything from Smith to suggest that we should keep him beyond this season.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

There are at least two more:

We've got a keeper.

Two really crap teams have to do better than us over the last four games.

And vardy has started scoring.

• Like 3

We’re turning nailed on losses under Rodgers into draws, we wouldn’t have had the grapefruits or mental strength for those two games.

Let’s not beat around the bush here, you can’t polish a turd but we’re showing more urgency to get the ball up the field and could have been wins on another day but if we lose against Leeds and Everton, it’s lights out, we’re still here.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Eskay said:

I don't think we win another game this season. We've made Leeds and Everton look good and missed huge opportunities. 

Let's face it....the Dean Smith experiment has failed. We don't really control games and our defence is massively exposed. Not being able to keep clean sheets will always be a problem but we have compounded our problem by our 'big' players totally choking (barring Vardy). 

Rodgers 25pts after 28 games = 0.89 pts/game

Smith 5pts after 4 games = 1.25 pts/game

Last night was pretty awful and was a must win for me, but it’s not lost on me that if Brendan was still here, we would have lost that game with Amartey starting against DCL and possibly Ward in goal.

Edited by MalletFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Rodgers 25pts after 28 games = 0.89 pts/game

Smith 6pts after 4 games = 1.25 pts/game

Last night was pretty awful and was a must win for me, but it’s not lost on me that if Brendan was still here, we would have lost that game with Amartey starting against DCL and possibly Ward in goal.

If we had Smith for an extra week I’m 99% sure we’d be safe come the end of the season. 

He’s took us up a notch, but we need to go up another notch in these next 4 games if we want to stay up. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KFS said:

There’s points in a depleted Fulham, an on the beach West Ham and potentially a very hung over Newcastle side. I can see us getting a draw vs Liverpool also.

Today was shit but not over yet. 

How come Newcastle will be very hung over? 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

If we had Smith for an extra week I’m 99% sure we’d be safe come the end of the season. 

He’s took us up a notch, but we need to go up another notch in these next 4 games if we want to stay up. 

100% agree, if he had the Villa and Bournemouth home games then we would have more points, no doubt about it.

Criminal the ownership didn’t get rid of Bodgers in the international break after the draw at Brentford. Just typing my last message really brings it home, we gave that clown TWENTY EIGHT games averaging 0.89 pts a game, you’re finishing on 33/34pts at that rate. 28 games at that level. Madness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Love how people say we are not going to win another game but think the other 3 will.

Leeds 2 wins in 10.

Everton 1 win in 10.

Forest 1 win in 10.

Leicester 1 win in 10.

Anything could happen.

I worry about Everton's final two, in the sense I can see them winning them. 

I don't know where Leeds pick up their next points. Their fixtures look very tough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't know where Leeds pick up their next points. Their fixtures look very tough. 

Be surprised if any team gets more then 1 win. 

Fulham is massive, if we can somehow get 3 points we could be in the driving sit

But can't help think that missed penalty is going to come back and haunt us.

Many thing is to go into the last day with a chance.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Thats a really weird thing to say. You need to judge success or failure after the next 4 games. Dean was never going to be able to turn us into a top 10 team overnight. Regardless of who took us over we were in this scrap, and scraps are ugly.

Dean has definitely gotten more out of these players than Rodgers had. Everton flooded the midfield and it showed. I had Leeds and Everton down as draw before the games, and both teams are fighting for their lives in a battle with us. We made them look good because we are bad ourselves. People have to get out of their heads that we are a top 10 club.

The massive positive is our next game is VERY winnable, and we haven't lost in 3.  Win that and we sit on 33 points. That will be something. But we have got to do it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Love how people say we are not going to win another game but think the other 3 will.

Leeds 2 wins in 10.

Everton 1 win in 10.

Forest 1 win in 10.

Leicester 1 win in 10.

Anything could happen.

And we have the home banker that is liverpool. We've done the double on them before and been relegated.

Still everything to play for and in our hands. But some players really need to step up. Youri's sales pitch is pretty fvcking useless to start with. Maddison needs to grow up, it's not all about him. Barnes is looking like a reserve player and needs to step up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

It's in our hands now 4 games should be playing like every game is a word cup final! Need to watch all the motivational speech, have the foxes never quit and fearless attitude. There life should depend on it! Can't come half hearted to the next game and the fans need to make it hard for away fans and make the stadium roar!!

.. we do not want to approach our games like cup finals!!!

We have no control of games and we need to control the games for us to get the points we need. We have come off second best against teams we ordinarily would look to beat, due to us needing to get the win and playing a far too open game plan.

Dean Smith has given the team a bit more freedom, it seems his tactical knowhow is missing and at this point, even if he keeps us up, he cannot be the one to take us forward.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I wouldn’t count on getting any help from Southampton.  They’re toast and they know it..

I dont know, they know the 4 above them are also poor and they did lead away to Arsenal and Newcastle in the past few weeks. Unfortunate not to get a point against in form Bournemouth too due to a toe nail being offside.

Ssying all of that though, a Southampton win against Forest would still be the preference

Edited by Nalis

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Tottenham last game is where Leeds will pick 3 points up. Can't see them getting more though.

7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Tottenham last game is where Leeds will pick 3 points up. Can't see them getting more though.

There’s no reason they couldn’t get a point or even 3 from West Ham, especially if they fire Gracia and WHU is safe by then.

1 hour ago, Trelleh said:

We’re turning nailed on losses under Rodgers into draws, we wouldn’t have had the grapefruits or mental strength for those two games.

Let’s not beat around the bush here, you can’t polish a turd but we’re showing more urgency to get the ball up the field and could have been wins on another day but if we lose against Leeds and Everton, it’s lights out, we’re still here.

This is a very good point.

Relegated teams come in two forms, those who had too many draws and couldn’t convert enough into wins or too many defeats not turned into draws. We are the latter should be go down. We’ve won enough games but lost far too many.

Those last two games as stand alone results would do a job and prevent the competition gaining ground on us. Unfortunately we were such a shambles before they arrived they those become must wins…

Just now, snoopy87 said:

Keep replaying that penalty miss in my head. It all felt very Ian Hume against Sheffield Wednesday for me. I think we're done, have done for ages

We will stay up on goal difference.