Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

I don't think we win another game this season. We've made Leeds and Everton look good and missed huge opportunities. 

Let's face it....the Dean Smith experiment has failed. We don't really control games and our defence is massively exposed. Not being able to keep clean sheets will always be a problem but we have compounded our problem by our 'big' players totally choking (barring Vardy). 

He's got 5 points from the last three games trying to rectify the shit show that Bodgers left behind. We could and should have won that game last night. Had Maddison scored the penalty, we would have, I've no doubt. At least now, we are actually in control of our destiny with the superior GD despite Brendan's thicko assertion. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Based on what? We can't win a game with the creativity we have. Take that creativity away, I see us really struggling. 

It would be replaced by new players with a new style, our issues aren’t quality of players they’ve simply ran there course and the players and club has stagnated

4 minutes ago, Deano79 said:

One win. And Leeds, forest need 4 points to take us. Everton 5. Can’t see two of them doing it. I reckon could stay up on 33 points this year. Keep the faith 🙏

The team that start the next season will be massively changed from this seasons mob with lots due to leave this Summer. I'd rather rebuild starting from a pile of shit in the 2nd division that face a fresh season rebuilding as cannon fodder playing off a platform of 33pts last season. Everyone knows two bad transfer years in a row spells trouble in the EPL and we managed that and some, whatever happened to the Southampton pair anyway?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I respectfully disagree.

We’re unbeaten in three, we’re giving it a go which we have to do. Leeds we could well have won comfortably bar the disallowed goals. Everton aren’t actually that bad of a team. They’ve got some muscle and grit they just can’t see games out. Last night we probably saw the best of a bad, bad bunch between us and them.

We just need not to lose, teams around us are losing and we are picking up points. Fulham are missing key players and their season is over and teams around us have very difficult games. 

Forest and Leeds are worse than us…. Leeds aren’t getting a point in the next two games, and Forest have three tricky games themselves, Southampton won’t be an easy task either as they still have points to play for. 

This isn’t about running away with it, this is about who can manage their way through a shit swamp with no headlights. 

Point taken. 

I will however point out the Fulham more than held their own against Man City on the weekend. 

Southampton are the worst team in the league....Forest will have too much for them. I firmly believe we are the 2nd worst team in the league. We've failed to take points when it's mattered. 

Seems lots of people on here don't know how to handle a relegation battle.

These weird self imposed ultimatums of 'must win' or 'write off Newcastle game' 

We moved out the relegation zone last night. We match Forest and Leeds for the remainder we stay up. That means we could now lose every game and stay up if necessary. 

Surviving relegation is about points. Not opponents. It doesn't matter if the required points come versus Newcastle or Liverpool or Leeds. 

I was content last night. Everton were by far the better side. Like v Wolves, we were largely shambolic. Error strewn. Chaotic. Tactically all over the place. But we pointed. That's all that matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Rodgers 25pts after 28 games = 0.89 pts/game

Smith 5pts after 4 games = 1.25 pts/game

Last night was pretty awful and was a must win for me, but it’s not lost on me that if Brendan was still here, we would have lost that game with Amartey starting against DCL and possibly Ward in goal.

You can't do that calculation based on 4 games. He's played 2 relegation rivals in that time and should have had more points. BRs cal is based on every team in this league once plus others twice who are miles ahead. Add Newcastle Brighton arsenal to Deans calculation and it drops massively. 

53 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

There’s no reason they couldn’t get a point or even 3 from West Ham, especially if they fire Gracia and WHU is safe by then.

They could, I just don't see it. West Ham away isn't an easy game, and although they are still a bit hit and miss, they have improved recently, and I think they will have too much for Leeds.  In all honesty, who the hell knows though. Chances are there will be at least a couple of shock results going in favour of the bottom 5. 

37 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Keep replaying that penalty miss in my head. It all felt very Ian Hume against Sheffield Wednesday for me. I think we're done, have done for ages

Was saying this last night, that was a must win game we had a chance in but missed the penalty and ended up going down. 

last night just seems very similar to that

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

They could, I just don't see it. West Ham away isn't an easy game, and although they are still a bit hit and miss, they have improved recently, and I think they will have too much for Leeds.  In all honesty, who the hell knows though. Chances are there will be at least a couple of shock results going in favour of the bottom 5. 

Let’s hope they are ours!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

For me  we’re down we couldn’t win against Leeds or Everton and had to rely on Iversen to get a point , there’s no way we will beat any of the remaining teams . 

Relegation 6 pointer scraps. The other team doesn't turn up just to roll over you know. 

• Like 2

club and management sensed Leeds and Everton would be our 'out' like us. It hasn't worked and in truth we look highly likely to go. 

Trouble is should we stay up you can't imagine next season looking any differently regardless of replacements. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Deano79 said:

One win. And Leeds, forest need 4 points to take us. Everton 5. Can’t see two of them doing it. I reckon could stay up on 33 points this year. Keep the faith 🙏

Where are those 3 more points coming from, though? I just don't see us picking another win up this season.

Forest I think will get at least 3, potentially 6.

Everton may potentially pick up 3 points on the last day if Bournemouth don't turn up.

Leeds don't look like picking up points, but with a potential Big Sam bounce you never know.

I think it will come down to the last day, and us hoping West Ham are safe and already on holiday.

I'm not hopeful.

19 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

For me  we’re down we couldn’t win against Leeds or Everton and had to rely on Iversen to get a point , there’s no way we will beat any of the remaining teams . 

Hard to disagree with this. If we couldn't turn up against 2 of the worst sides in the league how are we going to turn up against teams that are notably better? 

We've had our chance and blown it, we now have to rely on other teams being worse than us and that's never a good position to be in. 

Edited by Dames
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Point taken. 

I will however point out the Fulham more than held their own against Man City on the weekend. 

Southampton are the worst team in the league....Forest will have too much for them. I firmly believe we are the 2nd worst team in the league. We've failed to take points when it's mattered. 

They did, but they lifted their game for them to their expense as they’ve lost some more key players. 

Fulham presents a chance for us, their season is over, and they won’t be as gritty as Everton, which works in our favour. 

Southampton are by the table, however, they’ve played well recently and just haven’t got results, first half they were decent against Newcastle but they just had too much for them. 

As for Forest they’ve done their own legs in potentially, they went hell for leather against Brighton and Brentford and ended up losing players, and vital points V the latter. Southampton are more than capable of upsetting them and getting a result, and at least postponing their relegation. 

We’re actually the most consistent team in he fight now, plus Vardy has started scoring again.

All the teams involved have hard games, we probably have the slightly better run in on my opinion. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Relegation 6 pointer scraps. The other team doesn't turn up just to roll over you know. 

I know but both of those teams are truly terrible and we struggled . Fulham are flying and so are Newcastle. Liverpool will just be typical Liverpool against us and get a last minute goal with a pen or free kick and West Ham are scrapping as you say also . So I can see a max of 1 point against West Ham . 

3 minutes ago, stu said:

Our chances of stopping up apparently improved after last nights game. :dunno:

That change is from prior to this round of fixtures isn't it? Given all results went our way over the weekend but we didn't win one of our easier fixtures, that looks about right.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I know but both of those teams are truly terrible and we struggled . Fulham are flying and so are Newcastle. Liverpool will just be typical Liverpool against us and get a last minute goal with a pen or free kick and West Ham are scrapping as you say also . So I can see a max of 1 point against West Ham . 

Fulham were flying, but they've performed similarly to us over the last 6 games.

• Like 1