Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah that makes sense. 

Look at how we stand now with four games left and look at who the teams below us have left to play. 

Ourselves and Everton have got kinder run ins than Forest and Leeds and in our case a noticeably better team on paper. 

Forest and Leeds have pretty horrendous games remaining. I know it feels to us that we're absolutely doomed but if I was a neutral looking at these remaining fixtures I'd probably say Leeds are gone already and Forest will be if they don't beat Southampton. 

If we take 4 more points I think we're safe. Maybe even just 3. West Ham and Fulham are both winnable and it's not beyond us to salvage a draw in any of these matches. 

Do you think the same can be said for our rivals that have to play Man City and Arsenal? 

Screenshot_20230502_084933_Sheets.jpg

When you look at it like that, I’d say we’ve got a chance of points at Fulham and in the two home games.

Everton probably have a chance of points in their last 2.

I honestly can’t see Leeds picking up any points.

Forest have them home game against Southampton, their away form is the worst in the league, and dispute Chelsea being crap they won’t get anything their or at Selhurst. They also won’t get anything at Arsenal.

My thoughts are if we are out of the relegation zone after the Southampton v Forest game, we will be safe - it will be nervy and it certainly won’t be pretty, but we’ll be safe - just.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah that makes sense. 

Look at how we stand now with four games left and look at who the teams below us have left to play. 

Ourselves and Everton have got kinder run ins than Forest and Leeds and in our case a noticeably better team on paper. 

Forest and Leeds have pretty horrendous games remaining. I know it feels to us that we're absolutely doomed but if I was a neutral looking at these remaining fixtures I'd probably say Leeds are gone already and Forest will be if they don't beat Southampton. 

If we take 4 more points I think we're safe. Maybe even just 3. West Ham and Fulham are both winnable and it's not beyond us to salvage a draw in any of these matches. 

Do you think the same can be said for our rivals that have to play Man City and Arsenal? 

Screenshot_20230502_084933_Sheets.jpg

I think us and Everton pick up two wins each from that run, and hopefully we can pick up a point V either Liverpool or Newcastle. 

Leeds potentially aren’t getting anything until West Ham or Spurs…. But Leeds sacking Garcia is lunacy with four games left….. Forest again, maybe a win V Southampton, but it’s still a tough game. I don’t think they will get a result anyone here else. 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I'm going

Southampton are gone with Leeds to  join them

We match forest and Evertons results and goal difference keeps us up

I just hope West Ham make themselves mathematically safe by the time we play them, their next 2 games is Man City and Man Utd, you just want them safe with a potential eye on the europa league conference final

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

As implausible as it may be, Southampton can still get out of it if they win their remaining games. They'll regard the game at Forest as a last chance saloon and will hopefully give it a proper go.

That’s exactly what I’m hoping for. I know there isn’t any “easy” games. Especially when you’re down there and things are not working. However, when you look at next weekends fixtures, out of the 5, I think we are the game everyone else would want. 

Clutching at straws, maybe. 

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s a one in three chance of going down …. Not staying up !

Sorry yes, interpreted the same but got the numbers wrong in the post. 1 or 2 we go down, anything else we stay up. It’s actually a bit less than that based on the new odds.

In any case, it’s uncomfortable. Expecting twists and turns the next few weeks.

6 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I'm going

Southampton are gone with Leeds to  join them

We match forest and Evertons results and goal difference keeps us up

I just hope West Ham make themselves mathematically safe by the time we play them, their next 2 games is Man City and Man Utd, you just want them safe with a potential eye on the europa league conference final

West Ham play Leeds at home the week before they play us.  They will win that and will be safe.

Hope is dwindling fast. We have 1 win in 13 games and can't keep a clean sheet. We've played the bottom sides and picked up hardly any points. Lost home and away to the likes of Southampton. Last night were lucky to get a point. Get ready for Championship football.

I think we pick up a win at Fulham. It’s a good time to be playing them, with the injuries and suspensions they have, and their season tailing off. It won’t be as chaotic a game as last night. 

we have to want the points more than them, I think we scrape a 1-0 and take our first clean sheet in months. 

a point from the remaining fixtures will then be about enough….

• Like 2

We are all going to drive ourselves potty trying to work out predicted results. As a natural pessimist I am not expecting it to turn out well but time will tell. Despite my inclination I hope we can get out of the clarts. Good to see Jamie full of energy and scoring again. Iversen deserves a pat on the back. At least it ain't 2008!

29 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We are terrible too - i don't get why people dont understand this. There is a reason why we are only 1 point above Everton and equal with the others. There is no 'they are terrible and we should just be beating them' now. For all teams at the bottom, its a scrap for survival.

Probably a very unpopular opinion but we did turn up in the last 2 games, and so did our opponents. It wasn't long ago we lost 0-1 to the Saints without registering a shot on target, or got bullied by Bournmouth at home. We are seeing improvements from Deans setup, but its baby steps. 

We've got 5 points from 3 games. I have to believe these aren't the only points we are getting. Fulham are a very different proposition. There is a big chance we get 3 points there. If we do that its a massive leap forward.

I know we’re terrible that’s why I’m not expecting us to gain many points in the last four games and why I think we’ll go down . 

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I wouldn’t count on getting any help from Southampton.  They’re toast and they know it..

They're not quite done yet. Next two games for Saints are:

Forest (a)

Fulham (h)

Two very winnable games and you'd struggle to pick two better fixtures. Take six points from that lot and they go into the last two games with 30pts and I daresay maybe 0pt/1pt from 17th looking at the other clubs fixtures. Then it's game on going into the final two games but there last throw of the dice is going to Forest and winning so they will be up for it against opposition with no more quality than they have.

We play Fulham after Leeds presumably get beat by Man City and before Forst and Everton play.

beat Fulham and we put the pressure on the other teams.

I can’t see 3 or 4 of us winning 2 games so 36 point (possibly 34 with our goal difference)

Last night was a tough game, Everton really turned up and made it the game they wanted to. A basketball game with the ball spending most of its time in the air and Madders nullified. They were miles better than they have been.

I fancy us to get points at Fulham with the players they’re missing. I think another win will be enough for us to do it on goal difference.

I also think Southampton will do Forest next week as they’re scrapping for their own glim hopes themselves. I worry about Everton playing against on the beach Wolves and Bournemouth mind.

The ultimate glass half full way of looking at it is that Leeds and Everton have not gained any points on us over an integral two game weeks and now we can focus on taking points off people that aren’t in the fight with us, which on our unbeaten in 3 form we’re more than capable of.

Plenty of twists and turns to come, and this isn’t going to be anywhere near over until that final whistle goes against West Ham. So strap yourselves in, and get behind them.

Edited by Aleksz

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

For me  we’re down we couldn’t win against Leeds or Everton and had to rely on Iversen to get a point , there’s no way we will beat any of the remaining teams . 

.. probably the only thing that could go for us is the style of football we will now come up against!!!

Like counter punchers against fighters, the different style might just suit us better. The teams we are now about to come up against will not be so aggressive and we can play ourselves into games as opposed to being pressed all game and having to try and outscore teams, as defensively we are under too much pressure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxOfMelton said:

Where are those 3 more points coming from, though? I just don't see us picking another win up this season.

Forest I think will get at least 3, potentially 6.

Everton may potentially pick up 3 points on the last day if Bournemouth don't turn up.

Leeds don't look like picking up points, but with a potential Big Sam bounce you never know.

I think it will come down to the last day, and us hoping West Ham are safe and already on holiday.

I'm not hopeful.

How come you "just don't see us picking another win up this season" but everyone else will?

You'd be surprised to hear that the betting market has us the same price as Fulham next week for a win. It's an ideal time to play West Ham at home because they have Europe and quite possibly need to get something at home to Leeds in the penultimate week to guarantee safety.

Looking at the fixture list for the relegation threatened clubs you struggle to see where points will be picked up. Our three competitors over their next nine games play Man City (twice), Newcastle and Arsenal. Then there are tough games all away to Brighton, Wolves, Chelsea and West Ham.

The only "easy" fixture is Forest vs Southampton but that brings its own pressures as anything other than a win will make them appear doomed.

22 minutes ago, blue blood said:

After picking up 2 from 6 pts available against our direct rivals - Leeds and Everton, I’m deflated.

That being said both teams raised their game and both games were scraps and fights.

The only hope I have left to hold on to is we wont be playing 6 pointers  for a couple of games.  Maybe that will mean - particularly v Fulham, it will be a different kind of game.  Maybe more like v Wolves.

Time will tell.  

It is what it is and hopefully we won’t be writing a eulogy covering the greatest period in our history.

This mostly sums up my feelings too - the last two games have been hyped up beyond belief, both against sides who are fighting for their lives, both of whom would have been looking at us as their absolute best chance of getting points on the board in the run in. In hindsight, I think it was probably foolish to think that we would walk over both Leeds and Everton - and I'm mainly happy that we've come out the other side still in contention, with our fate in our own hands still. We're not relying on other teams to mess up (though that'd be nice!) we just need to focus on us for now.

We're in an ok position - the GD is a big, big bonus - and I think the upcoming games will be less frantic, which could help us a little bit. A win against Fulham will mean we've taken 8pts from 12, and I think that would actually be a good return. If - and it's big a if - we manage to win, and Everton, Leeds, Forest lose - then we will be looking a lot healthier going into two very tough games vs Liverpool and Newcastle. Who the **** knows what'll happen at this point though.