Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I think many will be frustrated as these two games probably presented the only route where we could be safe prior to the final day of the season. It was very appealing to think we'd smash them both and then be able to relax over the last few games. Ultimately it probably means we will be in danger on the final day, but we've made sure we've kept both Leeds and Everton right in it.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

There is still this attitude of ‘we’re too good to be involved in a relegation dog fight’. I heard it a few times last night on Sky.

I’m STILL not sure. Everton looked the better side overall imo. 
Players like Castagne, Ndidi and even Tielemans, all started last night and are they REALLY much good this season?

Ndidi just looks finished. God knows what has happened to him since he signed for us. Tielemans looks even slower than usual. And just isn’t controlling midfields anymore. Castagne does stupid things.

Add to this Thomas (bang average at this level), Tete (no good), and Barnes (who goes from almost unplayable to completely ineffective) and we see a squad that maybe isn’t as good as is suggested.

I still think we’ll be ok and avoid relegation. Leeds, Southampton, Forest are all worse than us.

But survive or not, this has been a dreadful season for Leicester and IF we do stay up, goodness me this squad will need to see some big changes.

5 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

This mostly sums up my feelings too - the last two games have been hyped up beyond belief, both against sides who are fighting for their lives, both of whom would have been looking at us as their absolute best chance of getting points on the board in the run in. In hindsight, I think it was probably foolish to think that we would walk over both Leeds and Everton - and I'm mainly happy that we've come out the other side still in contention, with our fate in our own hands still. We're not relying on other teams to mess up (though that'd be nice!) we just need to focus on us for now.

We're in an ok position - the GD is a big, big bonus - and I think the upcoming games will be less frantic, which could help us a little bit. A win against Fulham will mean we've taken 8pts from 12, and I think that would actually be a good return. If - and it's big a if - we manage to win, and Everton, Leeds, Forest lose - then we will be looking a lot healthier going into two very tough games vs Liverpool and Newcastle. Who the **** knows what'll happen at this point though.

Pretty much this, I’ve given up predicting results.  

Always want us to fight and we have that.  Incredibly frustrated we are where we are.  If we faught like we expect as a minimum for even half the s as on we would already be safe.  that’s on Top and Rodgers.  No point looking backwards.  It is what it is.  

I think we need 4 points to stay up, draw with Fulham, Win on the final day at West Ham. I think anything from either of the Newcastle/Liverpool games is a bonus.

Game Week 35 I think;

Leeds lose to Man City

Forest beat Southampton

Everton lose to Brighton

We draw with Fulham

Game Week 36;

Leeds get a draw with Newcastle

Forest lose to Chelsea

Everton lose to Man City

We lose to Liverpool

Game Week 37;

Leeds beat West Ham

Forest lose to Arsenal

Everton beat Wolves

We lose to Newcastle

Game Week 38;

Leeds lose to Spurs

Forest draw with Palace

Everton beat Bournemouth

We beat West Ham

A lot of predictions that would have to come right but this scenario would see us stay up on goal difference with Leeds and Forest going down. A win at Fulham and we somehow scrape a draw out of one of the 2 bonus games and we could be safe going in to the final day. 

Obviously I'd be a millionaire if I was able to correctly predict all of those games before the end of the season but I think sometimes the only way I can make my head rest is to get it all out so I can see it written down lol

Edited by lcfc278

Guest bennytwohats
7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There is still this attitude of ‘we’re too good to be involved in a relegation dog fight’. I heard it a few times last night on Sky.

Players like Castagne, Ndidi and even Tielemans, all started last night and are they REALLY much good this season?

Ndidi just looks finished. God knows what has happened to him since he signed for us. Tielemans looks even slower than usual. And just isn’t controlling midfields anymore. Castagne does stupid things.

Add to this Thomas (bang average at this level), Tete (no good), and Barnes (who goes from almost unplayable to completely ineffective) and we see a squad that maybe isn’t as good as is suggested.

I still think we’ll be ok and avoid relegation. Leeds, Southampton, Forest are all worse than us.

But survive or not, this has been a dreadful season for Leicester and IF we do stay up, goodness me this squad will need to see some big changes.

Out of interest what’s the difference between ‘we’re too good to be involved in a relegation fight’ and ‘Leeds, Southampton, Forest are all worse than us’?

We are at the stage where being better than anyone else isn’t really enough tbh. It’s going to come down to a mix of that, luck and mentality and who can get it done under pressure. We might just have enough but it’s going to be incredibly nervy

3 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I think we need 4 points to stay up, draw with Fulham, Win on the final day at West Ham. I think anything from either of the Newcastle/Liverpool games is a bonus.

Game Week 35 I think;

Leeds lose to Man City

Forest beat Southampton

Everton lose to Brighton

We draw with Fulham

Game Week 36;

Leeds get a draw with Newcastle

Forest lose to Chelsea

Everton lose to Man City

We lose to Liverpool

Game Week 37;

Leeds beat West Ham

Forest lose to Arsenal

Everton beat Wolves

We lose to Newcastle

Game Week 38;

Leeds lose to Spurs

Forest draw with Palace

Everton beat Bournemouth

We beat West Ham

A lot of predictions that would have to come right but this scenario would see us stay up on goal difference with Leeds and Forest going down. A win at Fulham and we somehow scrape a draw out of one of the 2 bonus games and we could be safe going in to the final day. 

Obviously I'd be a millionaire if I was able to correctly predict all of those games before the end of the season but I think sometimes the only way I can make my head rest is to get it all out so I can see it written down lol

Except Forest will probably draw or maybe even beat Chelsea because they're absolutely awful at the moment.

Lampard is a pointless appointment and in a impossible position.

Just now, trooky said:

Except Forest will probably draw or maybe even beat Chelsea because they're absolutely awful at the moment.

Lampard is a pointless appointment and in a impossible position.

Shhhhhh!

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Hard to disagree with this. If we couldn't turn up against 2 of the worst sides in the league how are we going to turn up against teams that are notably better? 

We've had our chance and blown it, we now have to rely on other teams being worse than us and that's never a good position to be in. 

I'm not digging you out pal, but this is so wrong. 

Beating who you are supposed to and losing to those better has never been an exact science. It's not how football works. Surely you know that?

All this guff about not beating Everton and Leeds. The jeopardy of both Leeds and Everton was very very difficult to deal with. Concede a late goal and not only do we give up points, we hand three to an opponent. 

our last 4 games are different. We CAN afford to maybe risk losing late on in search of a winner  without the double jeopardy of a rival picking up 3. 

However, there's a legit chance 4 draws may well keep us up. Believe me, I don't want to do that. But keep head above water and I think we'll be fine. 

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Never understood  the we're  too good to go down bullshit.  Teams at the bottom are there for a reason. People say we are better on paper than the others. Unfortunately  when we get on the grass and off the paper we're not. The first thing needed  in a relegation scrap is 100% desire and fight. Too many of ours are going through the motions.everton pressed harder, fought harder and won their battles.cant remember us winning many second balls. Class will show if the hard yards are fought . Ndidi did sod all along with Barnes. Never do we see crunching tackles or even cynical fouls to halt play. We're so soft it's unreal. Just hoping the other teams screw up and we can have a complete overhaul in the summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not digging you out pal, but this is so wrong. 

Beating who you are supposed to and losing to those better has never been an exact science. It's not how football works. Surely you know that?

I don't get how its wrong? We had the opportunity to pull clear against teams in and around us and were supposed to be worse than us and we failed to turn up. I know its not an exact science but when has this team ever proven it can cope with pressure? Because that pressure is now increasing game by game. We're now relying on picking up points in more difficult games whilst simultaneously hoping those rivals we failed to beat don't pick up points. 

Its all good and well people saying some of these teams have nothing to play for but all we had to do was hold on against a Tottenham team 'Already on the beach' but instead we let a semi retired player shred us and throw away a glorious position in the last 25 minutes of the season. We have form for collapsing at the absolute worst time. 

43 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think this is fair. If we survive this season then I think it will be a case of having got away with being very poorly run. That said, I think if we played with Iversen and Soyuncu instead of Amartey and Ward then we probably would be sitting more alongside the Palaces/Wolves/Chelsea position. Lots of big name players have underperformed though - Youri gives the ball away so often in really dangerous positions.

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

I don't get how its wrong? We had the opportunity to pull clear against teams in and around us and were supposed to be worse than us and we failed to turn up. I know its not an exact science but when has this team ever proven it can cope with pressure? Because that pressure is now increasing game by game. We're now relying on picking up points in more difficult games whilst simultaneously hoping those rivals we failed to beat don't pick up points. 

Its all good and well people saying some of these teams have nothing to play for but all we had to do was hold on against a Tottenham team 'Already on the beach' but instead we let a semi retired player shred us and throw away a glorious position in the last 25 minutes of the season. We have form for collapsing at the absolute worst time. 

Spurs needed to win to get into Europe . They were not ‘ on the beach’

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't snatch an unexpected win at Craven cottage. Obviously lose at Newcastle, lose or draw with Liverpool and West Ham is anyones guess. Minimum points tally for me is 4. Probably not enough 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazza3 said:

Spurs needed to win to get into Europe . They were not ‘ on the beach’

What the Europa Conference league where they actually forfeited a game to get out of? Come off it.

Guest Col city fan
10 minutes ago, oz was my hero said:

Never understood  the we're  too good to go down bullshit.  Teams at the bottom are there for a reason. People say we are better on paper than the others. Unfortunately  when we get on the grass and off the paper we're not. The first thing needed  in a relegation scrap is 100% desire and fight. Too many of ours are going through the motions.everton pressed harder, fought harder and won their battles.cant remember us winning many second balls. Class will show if the hard yards are fought . Ndidi did sod all along with Barnes. Never do we see crunching tackles or even cynical fouls to halt play. We're so soft it's unreal. Just hoping the other teams screw up and we can have a complete overhaul in the summer.

I think we have got ‘tougher’ since Smith became manager. But we’re still not tough enough. You’re right, Everton were up for the fight more than us last night.

All the pretty play in the world won’t put that last ditched tackle in or win that crucial header.

It’s the midfield that’s the weakest area at the moment. I’m convinced at that. 
They were cutting through us at will last night and if we were playing a stronger side, we’d have lost. Just imagine if some of their chances had fallen to Salah or Darwin Nunez for instance.

We have to win the midfield battles or we’re probably going to be very very close.

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think we have got ‘tougher’ since Smith became manager. But we’re still not tough enough. You’re right, Everton were up for the fight more than us last night.

All the pretty play in the world won’t put that last ditched tackle in or win that crucial header.

It’s the midfield that’s the weakest area at the moment. I’m convinced at that. 
They were cutting through us at will last night and if we were playing a stronger side, we’d have lost. Just imagine if some of their chances had fallen to Salah or Darwin Nunez for instance.

We have to win the midfield battles or we’re probably going to be very very close.

Agree midfield does seem an issue we seem to be bypassed so easily. Surprised yesterday that we bought Daka on to replace Ndidi. We looked a lot stronger when KDH came on recently just to provide some strength and energy to carry the ball forward and put tackles in particularly against a physical side.

31 minutes ago, Dames said:

Sorry - who said they are supposed to be worse than us? There is no time for that sort of thinking in a relegation battle where 4 teams are within 1 point of each other. All 4 teams deserve to be exactly where they are, and neither deserves to win just by turning up.  Everton, Leeds and Forest are as bad as we are. The way to escape this is get points. Sometime ugly points.  And those in this battle are sometime going to chuck the kitchen sink at it, as Everton did yesterday.

2 draws is not ideal, but its not a disaster either. The key thing is our goal difference gives us a small advantage over the others and we didn't let Leeds or Everton jump us.

Fulham is very winnable. Very winnable. I suggest everyone moves to a positive mindset fast.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Sorry - who said they are supposed to be worse than us? There is no time for that sort of thinking in a relegation battle where 4 teams are within 1 point of each other. All 4 teams deserve to be exactly where they are, and neither deserves to win just by turning up.  Everton, Leeds and Forest are as bad as we are. The way to escape this is get points. Sometime ugly points.  And those in this battle are sometime going to chuck the kitchen sink at it, as Everton did yesterday.

2 draws is not ideal, but its not a disaster either. The key think is our goal difference gives us a small advantage over the others and we didn't let Leeds or Everton jump us.

Fulham is very winnable. Very winnable. I suggest everyone moves to a positive mindset fast.

Wrong forum mate, don't do positive mindsets here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

2 draws is not ideal, but its not a disaster either. The key thing is our goal difference gives us a small advantage over the others and we didn't let Leeds or Everton jump us.

Literally 90% of this forum and neutral fans would say this and have said this.