Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

11 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

No one knows for sure. 4 more points could likely do it given our goal difference.

I think it does. Think we need to beat Fulham and something in me thinks we will. Not over yet 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Personally think 36 points will be enough to stay up, wonder if we can drag out a win and three draws , we may be terrible this season but we sit on top of three other awful teams at present.

I think 34 will be enough.  Might be wrong, but I don't see Leeds or Southampton getting past that for sure.  I think it is unlikely that both Everton and Forest do.

10 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Those around us aren't better than us, they're probably not worse but they seem to be getting built up in this thread to be something they're not. We are all fully capable of losing every game in the run-in and we survive on GD.

The trouble is these matches now aren’t determined on who is the best side with the best players anyway. Arguing about that is neither here nor there. They’ll be a test of collective nerve, resilience, and ruthlessness. I’d respectfully suggest we score very low on all those counts …

• Like 2

The Liverpool and Newcastle games might be key.  I do believe that, though unlikely we could pick up points against Liverpool, just depends which Liverpool show up.  But, the most important thing might be that our goal difference doesn't take a hammering in these two games.  Avoid heavy losses and it's as good as a point for us if we are level with other teams at the end. 

4 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

The trouble is these matches now aren’t determined on who is the best side with the best players anyway. Arguing about that is neither here nor there. They’ll be a test of collective nerve, resilience, and ruthlessness. I’d respectfully suggest we score very low on all those counts …

These teams have had well over half a season to show nerve, resilience and ruthlessness to pull themselves away from relegation trouble and still find themselves in trouble. Leeds shipping record goals, Everton can't win, Forest can't hold onto points.

They haven't just realised they're in the mire, they've been here for sometime and can't get themselves out. Much like us.

People seem adamant that 2 of the 4 are going to somehow change their form. They might, but they have as much chance as we do because none of us are good enough. But Man City aside, Smith has us picking up points and I'd go into the Fulham game with about as much confidence as any of those around us would.

Any other season and none of the bottom 5 would get the points needed to survive so it'll be no achievement staying up, but it's crazy that people are writing us off in favour of teams that are below us, have similar run-ins and haven't shown anything in the 90% of the season to suggest they'll overtake us. They might do, of course, but the opinion from alot on here is that it's a foregone conclusion.

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 1

Went through this twice changing the odd prediction I really wasn't sure of........

https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=1

Both times I had this outcome for us at the bottom.....

11 Crystal Palace 38 -10 46
12 Bournemouth 38 -28 44
13 Chelsea 38 -5 43
14 Wolverhampton 38 -21 40
15 West Ham 38 -10 39
16 Leicester 38 -13 36
17 Nott'm Forest 38 -32 33
18 Leeds 38 -24 30
19 Everton 38 -25 29
20 Southampton 38 -32 24

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Forest worry me as they have Saints at home; maybe not getting any more points after that, but possibly enough for them to keep above us 😡

Southampton have been playing well lately. If they win they’re reducing their gap to safety to 3 points. 

I think they will beat Forest.

17 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Dont know why people keep thinking we'll pick up something at Fulham,we've just struggled to get 2 draws against 2 teams getting battered  every week .I hope I'm  wrong but cant see us winning again this season. 

Fulham have nothing to play for. They have key players missing. Everton have something to play for as we did. We can go to Fulham and get something. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Southampton have been playing well lately. If they win they’re reducing their gap to safety to 3 points. 

I think they will beat Forest.

Plus Forest have some injuries with Danilo out for Southampton and Chelsea at least, as well as Neco Williams.

Southampton didn't look terrible at Newcastle until they conceded and pushed Arsenal all the way. Play like that against a Forest side who are short of attacking options and they get a result.

Guest bennytwohats
21 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Dont know why people keep thinking we'll pick up something at Fulham,we've just struggled to get 2 draws against 2 teams getting battered  every week .I hope I'm  wrong but cant see us winning again this season. 

It sounds strange but the last two games have been pressure cooker games. I doubt the Fulham game is anywhere near as intense as last night and that might suit us, plus their injuries etc.

Struggle to see a win beyond that game personally so I’m really hoping we win va Fulham and can grab a draw somewhere else with 34 points being enough

I don't really get this 'nothing to play for' argument.

I keep seeing it mentioned in hope West Ham are in that position come our game. (The only difference regarding West Ham is hopefully they'd be in a situation of being safe but with one eye on the ECL final, even in that scenario it'd most likely be a weakened team but those players would be looking to impress)

It always seems easier to find wins when playing with no pressure. I think it's quite dangerous playing teams with nothing to play for, there's no jeopardy for them.

First and foremost our players need to go into games with the right attitude, mentality and apply themselves which I have strong doubts about.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Plus Forest have some injuries with Danilo out for Southampton and Chelsea at least, as well as Neco Williams.

Southampton didn't look terrible at Newcastle until they conceded and pushed Arsenal all the way. Play like that against a Forest side who are short of attacking options and they get a result.

That’s it. Forest have gotten a lot of injuries due to their relentless effort in the last two games. And Brentford winning was inevitable. They could have paid a heavy price for it. People seem to be dismissing Southampton because they’re bottom, but a win puts them back in the race for safety. 

Their run is;

Forest

Fulham

Brighton 

Liverpool. 

it’s not that bad really is it!

35 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

That’s it. Forest have gotten a lot of injuries due to their relentless effort in the last two games. And Brentford winning was inevitable. They could have paid a heavy price for it. People seem to be dismissing Southampton because they’re bottom, but a win puts them back in the race for safety. 

Their run is;

Forest

Fulham

Brighton 

Liverpool. 

it’s not that bad really is it!

Not that easy 

2 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Went through this twice changing the odd prediction I really wasn't sure of........

https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=1

Both times I had this outcome for us at the bottom.....

11 Crystal Palace 38 -10 46
12 Bournemouth 38 -28 44
13 Chelsea 38 -5 43
14 Wolverhampton 38 -21 40
15 West Ham 38 -10 39
16 Leicester 38 -13 36
17 Nott'm Forest 38 -32 33
18 Leeds 38 -24 30
19 Everton 38 -25 29
20 Southampton 38 -32 24

No way will Leeds, Southampton and Everton lose all their remaining games ……

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No way will Leeds, Southampton and Everton lose all their remaining games ……

I kinda hear ya but I looked at who they are are playing, some tough run ins, and where they are playing.

I gave us a loss against Newcastle and Liverpool but I honestly think when it comes to it we can beat Fulham and it's that last home game I think we will get to 36.

Admittedly, each time I do the bloody predictions I do my best to use my head but my heart sometimes has it's say.

Each time and either way I do it I have us safe and that's a bit of a hope for me to cling onto right now. 

3 hours ago, hejammy said:

Lol I had to read that last line a few times - even though it's the most classic case of "writing the bloody obvious" - such a moot point - obviously we can lose a few on the trot - as can all the teams around us. 

Point taken, but we don't support all the teams around us :D .