Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

The column she wrote was after we'd sacked Claudio and she was saying he spent as much on wine as the compensation he paid out

https://bracethehammer.sbnation.com/2018/5/3/17314332/west-ham-owners-could-be-frozen-out-of-leicesters-boardroom

Not sure about after the crash but I definitely remember the West Ham home game on the day of the crash Vichai was up in the box not his usual front row seat.

sorry - yes you're right - it was before the accident.   they were 'exiled' for one home game which was the back end of the season where noble scored his volley 

it was later that year that we drew 1-1 and the crash occurred.  

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not confident anymore. I don't see how anyone can have genuine belief we will stay up, it's now in the lap of the gods and it will swing back and forth a few more tines no doubt.

My biggest concern is we just cannot show one iota of resolve or unity to get our noses in front in games and hold on to it. We have to let teams go 1 up and often have a few other chances to put us out of sight before we get back in to it, that scares the shit out of me for the Liverpool and Newcastle games. Our goal difference could take an absolute splattering. 

I need to see us be a bit more heroic in our team play, starting this Monday because if we fall back in to the relegation zone with those two horror games to come then I think it's curtains.

And don't even get me started on needing a result vs West Ham. The emotional scars of must win games in recent years and in light of how pathetic we are this season, the pressure of this would be unbearable for the players and fans. Oh my god.

Exactly this.

We had our Get Out Of Jail card with the weekend results, especially Forest and pissed that up the wall too.

West Ham's GD is probably the extra point they need to be safe so unless everyone below them gets at least 6 points before the final game they're probably okay. Them being in relaxed pre-cup final mode is our only hope.

• Like 1

There is part of me that believes our rebuild will be better if we are relegated, but I wouldn't want to take that risk. I worry if we stay up we are going to need so much work that next season will be horrible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

There is part of me that believes our rebuild will be better if we are relegated, but I wouldn't want to take that risk. I worry if we stay up we are going to need so much work that next season will be horrible. 

It would probably be easier to rebuild in the PL than the Championship. In the Championship we'd need one rebuild just to stabilize ourselves in that division. Then another rebuild to get a squad capable of promotion. Then if we do eventually come back up, another rebuild to become a stable PL club again.

• Like 2

I think we will be relegated tbf, not winning games against teams around us, especially at home is a recipe for relegation, if it goes to the last game of the season v West Ham, I  think 80% of our players don’t have the minerals for the pressure games like this 

Edited by Joe90lcfc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It would probably be easier to rebuild in the PL than the Championship. In the Championship we'd need one rebuild just to stabilize ourselves in that division. Then another rebuild to get a squad capable of promotion. Then if we do eventually come back up, another rebuild to become a stable PL club again.

Possibly. But if you get the Championship rebuild right then hopefully they progress into the Premier League level with a couple of additions and not a complete overhaul when you are promoted. 

It's difficult to sign lots of players in the Premier League, even more so when we have to replace at least 2 of our better ones. 

4 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

I think we will be relegated tbf, not winning games against teams around us, especially at home is a recipe for relegation, if it goes to the last game of the season v West Ham, I  think 80% of our players don’t have the minerals for the pressure games like this 

On that note all 5 teams in trouble will get relegated then? I would presume that not losing to them keeps you in with a shout?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Crystal Palace seemed to do it pretty well. The concern i have about doing it in the Championship is if we end up relying on the loans Market like Forest did. Then you have the horrible rebuild needed to stay in the PL. Would sooner try and do what Palace did and recruit relatively sensibly. 

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Crystal Palace seemed to do it pretty well. The concern i have about doing it in the Championship is if we end up relying on the loans Market like Forest did. Then you have the horrible rebuild needed to stay in the PL. Would sooner try and do what Palace did and recruit relatively sensibly. 

Yeah its possible of course and Palace managed to do ok. I think Southampton tried to do something similar and not worked for them.

I think I'm just concerned what our plan will be if we survive and who we might sign. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Possibly. But if you get the Championship rebuild right then hopefully they progress into the Premier League level with a couple of additions and not a complete overhaul when you are promoted. 

It's difficult to sign lots of players in the Premier League, even more so when we have to replace at least 2 of our better ones. 

I'm trying to think of teams that have done this. Fulham went down and straight back up and up until recently were having an exceptional season. They kept a chunk of their existing squad and then have added to it carefully both during the Championship and then last summer ready for the PL.

Would we be in a position to do that? The rebuild is too vast, it requires us to quickly have to ace the window and have planned for this relegation. The signings need to be progressive enough to step up but come to us in the 1st place. It's not easy.

I fear for rhis rebuild whatever division we are in, I genuinely think we've been very fortune for many years and now we're seeing how clueless we are. I'm not convinced by Glovers track record either.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Incorrect. This is the kind of loser mentality that covered up shit results that cost us Champions League twice in a row. 

Leeds was a "must not lose", Everton was "must win".

The onus is on the home side to win these matches. However you can't lose these games as it give 3pts to the opposition which is a killer hence the term "six pointer". 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm trying to think of teams that have done this. Fulham went down and straight back up and up until recently were having an exceptional season. They kept a chunk of their existing squad and then have added to it carefully both during the Championship and then last summer ready for the PL.

Would we be in a position to do that? The rebuild is too vast, it requires us to quickly have to ace the window and have planned for this relegation. The signings need to be progressive enough to step up but come to us in the 1st place. It's not easy.

I fear for rhis rebuild whatever division we are in, I genuinely think we've been very fortune for many years and now we're seeing how clueless we are. I'm not convinced by Glovers track record either.

If we go down then I expect the following to be sold

castagne 

madders

barnes 

ndidi

praet

out of contract

youri

amartey

Cags

jonny

bertrand

mendy

That leaves

3 keepers

defenders: Ricky, JJ, Thomas, souttar, faes, VK, vestergaard  + new CB 

midfileld: Bouba, kdh, hamza,  + 2 new 

forwards: kel, daka, vardy  + 2 new wingers 

new players could be loans if we really are unable to spend any contract fees 

I think we would try and keep Barnes if finances allow 

I think that group is capable of coming straight back up if managed and coached properly 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I suppose Burnley are a prime example of that getting a rebuild spot on if indeed we do find ourselves in the Championship next season. 

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, I feel we had too good recruitment spells.

First under Walsh who is long gone, Second whilst Puel was manager.

Those days seem long gone now.  Now it feels like a lottery.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yes totally agree. We will lose Maddison, Tielemans, Cags and possibly Barnes. Vardy and Evans passed it now. Side will be no where near good enough to stay up. Would need our recruitment to be top notch to stand a chance.

4 points is definitely the target for you. 

4 points for Everton and Leeds is optimistic with their fixtures.

Forest will likely get that and get out of it, and you should get at least 4 as well. 

Edited by The Bear

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not confident anymore. I don't see how anyone can have genuine belief we will stay up, it's now in the lap of the gods and it will swing back and forth a few more tines no doubt.

My biggest concern is we just cannot show one iota of resolve or unity to get our noses in front in games and hold on to it. We have to let teams go 1 up and often have a few other chances to put us out of sight before we get back in to it, that scares the shit out of me for the Liverpool and Newcastle games. Our goal difference could take an absolute splattering. 

I need to see us be a bit more heroic in our team play, starting this Monday because if we fall back in to the relegation zone with those two horror games to come then I think it's curtains.

And don't even get me started on needing a result vs West Ham. The emotional scars of must win games in recent years and in light of how pathetic we are this season, the pressure of this would be unbearable for the players and fans. Oh my god.

100% agree. We also have an unerring ability to let crap teams that haven’t scored in ages dominate us.

The table doesn’t lie at this time in the season, we are at the bottom and only out of the relegation spots on goal different because we are one of the worst teams in the division this season. Front to back our players have not been good enough.

We have shown no ability to string decent results together and are holding on by our fingernails after successive windows of poor or no investment, holding onto a manager who didn’t want to be here for too long, and dire squad management.

As much as people say that we have the ability to pull ourselves clear, there has been no evidence over the past 18 months that this is the case.

It is shocking how our board have thrown away the opportunity to compete in the top half of the prem, to two years later having a squad that would struggle in the Championship.

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we go down then I expect the following to be sold

castagne 

madders

barnes 

ndidi

praet

out of contract

youri

amartey

Cags

jonny

bertrand

mendy

That leaves

3 keepers

defenders: Ricky, JJ, Thomas, souttar, faes, VK, vestergaard  + new CB 

midfileld: Bouba, kdh, hamza,  + 2 new 

forwards: kel, daka, vardy  + 2 new wingers 

new players could be loans if we really are unable to spend any contract fees 

I think we would try and keep Barnes if finances allow 

I think that group is capable of coming straight back up if managed and coached properly 

That midfield :beer:

Vestergaard and Faes as our centrebacks 🤣

Iverson

Justin

VK

Souttar

Faes

Hamza

Soumare

KDH

Ricardo

Barnes

Nacho

As it stands if players leave this is a competitive side in the Championship, admittedly too many injury prone players to last and the midfield is errrm “lacking” 

However with a few clever additions we could bounce back. 

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Iverson

Justin

VK

Souttar

Faes

Hamza

Soumare

KDH

Ricardo

Barnes

Nacho

As it stands if players leave this is a competitive side in the Championship, admittedly too many injury prone players to last and the midfield is errrm “lacking” 

Barnes and Iheanacho will 100% get offers to remain in the premier league and will not stay if we go down.

Most of the others probably will due to being more recent signings or long term injury concerns for other clubs such as Justin and Ricardo. 

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Iverson

Justin

VK

Souttar

Faes

Hamza

Soumare

KDH

Ricardo

Barnes

Nacho

I don’t think Nacho or Barnes join us in the Championship. Soumare would probably be sold to a French club. He was still wanted last summer. All three could probably get deals and we could do with the money. I think we’d be quite reliant on promoting some of the u21s. 

We’ll be restricted on transfers due to our poor business on and off the pitch previously. I think any rebuild to become a play off side takes at least 2/3 years - if all goes to plan. 

• Like 2

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Barnes and Iheanacho will 100% get offers to remain in the premier league and will not stay if we go down.

Most of the others probably will due to being more recent signings or long term injury concerns for other clubs such as Justin and Ricardo. 

Must remain positive 

Must remain positive 

Must remain positive 

Oh forget it 😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

This is how I’m feeling really. I’m already dreading next season if we’re in the Prem as I struggle to see how it won’t be at the very best a mid-table trudge even if there’s a decent transfer window.

It’s more pride I’d rather stay up than anything else.