Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

This is how I’m feeling really. I’m already dreading next season if we’re in the Prem as I struggle to see how it won’t be at the very best a mid-table trudge even if there’s a decent transfer window.

It’s more pride I’d rather stay up than anything else. 

Mid table trudge is much better that Championship! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Mid table trudge is much better that Championship! 

Nah. I remember thinking that about the League One season. It won’t be as comfortable as that was, but we’ve enough now to be decent in it and start to rebuild where we’re not competing for players with about 10 sides with bigger budgets.

Would rather stay up and win the league next year like last time mind. 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2023 at 07:58, Mike Oxlong said:

Pretty much this whole season has been like death by a thousand cuts 

Not to (continue to) state the obvious, that abysmal start to the season didn't help, but I agree that we've had at least one patch that felt as bad...

• Like 1

On 03/05/2023 at 12:18, Chrysalis said:

Dont get our crowd, they only seem to support when we winning...

I've said it elsewhere on here, but a section of the crowd is traditionally and historically 'mardy', and it's evidenced by the way they boo returning ex-Leicester players.

Ex-Liverpool players who go back, for example, get treated like heroes; and Lampard could go back to Chelsea any time and be lauded, regardless of his showings since.

Not us, though - we even booed Shilton when he returned between the sticks... 

Interesting when people talk about Forest, Everton and Leeds having much tougher runs in that us.

Obviously a big factor is if teams have anything to play for but if you just look at the average position of teams left to play;

Leeds - 6.25

Leicester - 8.25

Everton - 9

Forest - 11.25

Does make bad reading for Leeds. Forest surely have to escape with their fixtures left which tends to back up the view that it would be between us and Everton.

21 minutes ago, melvinmmelvin said:

I've said it elsewhere on here, but a section of the crowd is traditionally and historically 'mardy', and it's evidenced by the way they boo returning ex-Leicester players.

Ex-Liverpool players who go back, for example, get treated like heroes; and Lampard could go back to Chelsea any time and be lauded, regardless of his showings since.

Do we though? We've given rapturous ovation to most ex-players like Cambiasso and Shinji last Monday. Even Bruno Berner was treated as a home coming hero. The list is endless. 

But obviously different when they play for the opposition. I'm not sure that Mahrez gets much grief but the recent return of the classless Chilwell and the utter twat Fofana was always going to get called out. N'golo still gets applause when his name is announced. 

I wouldn't say that Liverpool is a good example. Players that leave are mostly going to a non-rival and have been 'let go' as they are no longer required. Different if they decided to sign for Man Utd to further their career. We used to be told how great Liverpool supporters are when applauding an opposition goal but they only do that when it had no bearing on the result. 

As good as Shilton was, it was all about him and didn't leave on the best of terms. He was most likely boo'd for playing for Notts Forest. He only attached himself to LCFC in 2016.

• Like 3

We've won 1 (ONE) of our last 13 games. It doesn't matter who anyone is playing. We've played 2 of the bottom 4 teams in our last 2 games and we couldn't beat either of them.

We're praying that 32 or 33 points is enough now and chances are it won't be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

We've won 1 (ONE) of our last 13 games. It doesn't matter who anyone is playing. We've played 2 of the bottom 4 teams in our last 2 games and we couldn't beat either of them.

We're praying that 32 or 33 points is enough now and chances are it won't be.

Forest won 1  in 13 

Everton won 1 in 11

Leeds 1 in 9

Its pretty standard for teams at the bottom 

• Like 1

I think Fulham are a good side - far better than us. Not necessarily player by player but as a team they are ahead. 

They've looked good in their last two games but it was Man C and Liverpool. Naturally, teams lift their performances for these sort of games. I'm hoping its taken a fair bit out of them. 

If Fulham show up and play to their capability and we do the same, Fulham win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think Fulham are a good side - far better than us. Not necessarily player by player but as a team they are ahead. 

They've looked good in their last two games but it was Man C and Liverpool. Naturally, teams lift their performances for these sort of games. I'm hoping its taken a fair bit out of them. 

If Fulham show up and play to their capability and we do the same, Fulham win. 

I'd argue that if we shown up and played to our capability there are only 6 teams in the division that would beat us more times than not. The issue we've had all season is that we've not played to capability, nowhere near it.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Do we though? We've given rapturous ovation to most ex-players like Cambiasso and Shinji last Monday. Even Bruno Berner was treated as a home coming hero. The list is endless. 

But obviously different when they play for the opposition. I'm not sure that Mahrez gets much grief but the recent return of the classless Chilwell and the utter twat Fofana was always going to get called out. N'golo still gets applause when his name is announced. 

I wouldn't say that Liverpool is a good example. Players that leave are mostly going to a non-rival and have been 'let go' as they are no longer required. Different if they decided to sign for Man Utd to further their career. We used to be told how great Liverpool supporters are when applauding an opposition goal but they only do that when it had no bearing on the result. 

As good as Shilton was, it was all about him and didn't leave on the best of terms. He was most likely boo'd for playing for Notts Forest. He only attached himself to LCFC in 2016.

Good respose :) - Dave  

36 minutes ago, Dames said:

I'd argue that if we shown up and played to our capability there are only 6 teams in the division that would beat us more times than not. The issue we've had all season is that we've not played to capability, nowhere near it.

Is it the big 5 and Newcastle?

• Like 1

If we could beat Fulham (and that’ obviously a big if) the following results seem plausible

EVERTON - draw at Brighton , lose to Man City

LEEDS - lose to Man City , lose to Newcastle

FOREST - beat Southampton, lose at Chelsea

SOUTHAMPTON - lose at Forest, beat  Fulham

we go into the Liverpool game with the table as follows 

Leicester                35       33

Forest.                    36       33

————————————————

Leeds.                     36       30

Everton.                  36       30

Southampton        36        27

beat Liverpool we are effectively safe with our GD!

😀

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

If we could beat Fulham (and that’ obviously a big if) the following results seem plausible

EVERTON - draw at Brighton , lose to Man City

LEEDS - lose to Man City , lose to Newcastle

FOREST - beat Southampton, lose at Chelsea

SOUTHAMPTON - lose at Forest, beat  Fulham

we go into the Liverpool game with the table as follows 

Leicester                35       33

Forest.                    36       33

————————————————

Leeds.                     36       30

Everton.                  36       30

Southampton        36        27

beat Liverpool we are effectively safe with our GD!

😀

image.gif.20e69cece692361050ca6538a7ac1068.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, melvinmmelvin said:

it’s usually a far different dynamic leaving one of the big 6 or leaving us. If you leave United Liverpool etc it’s either sideways or down that they’re heading and being replaced by quality coming in, with us it’s someone moving to a bigger club or for more money, usually both, and the replacements are a gamble but usually inferior ( the reason we struggle now), that’s why we boo. Liverpool fans don’t welcome Sterling back by the way. And what City fan isn’t loving Chigwell and Fofana struggling 😂😂

45 minutes ago, ceebeefox said:

it’s usually a far different dynamic leaving one of the big 6 or leaving us. If you leave United Liverpool etc it’s either sideways or down that they’re heading and being replaced by quality coming in, with us it’s someone moving to a bigger club or for more money, usually both, and the replacements are a gamble but usually inferior ( the reason we struggle now), that’s why we boo. Liverpool fans don’t welcome Sterling back by the way. And what City fan isn’t loving Chigwell and Fofana struggling 😂😂

Yep, good points. I agree that much of the money accrued by selling good players hasn't always been well spent... Dave  

On 03/05/2023 at 11:00, Eskay said:

Given how our players shit themselves at home once the crowd turns I really don't have a lot of faith in the West Ham fixture. 

The biggest worry above all, despite appreciating we are just about favoured to get out of this, is the fact we have previous for bottling it under pressure.

I could totally foresee a scenario where we needed to draw with West Ham to survive, they had nothing to play for, rested Rice, Antonio, Benrahma, Bowen etc... as they have the conference league final coming up - and they still beat us.

• Like 1