Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

The biggest worry above all, despite appreciating we are just about favoured to get out of this, is the fact we have previous for bottling it under pressure.

I could totally foresee a scenario where we needed to draw with West Ham to survive, they had nothing to play for, rested Rice, Antonio, Benrahma, Bowen etc... as they have the conference league final coming up - and they still beat us.

Better would be if Foxes and Hammers each only needed to draw :) :)

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The biggest worry above all, despite appreciating we are just about favoured to get out of this, is the fact we have previous for bottling it under pressure.

The loss at home to Spurs on the last day of the 20/21 season still gives me nightmares.

2-1 up with 15 mins to play and a win would have given us CL football. :(

• Like 3

5 hours ago, melvinmmelvin said:

Better would be if Foxes and Hammers each only needed to draw :) :)

....a bit like when Spurs knew that beating us on the final day would mean Conference League for them and Chelsea making the Champions League.

Oh wait.

Edited by Ricey

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

....a bit like when Spurs knew that beating us on the final day would mean Conference League for them and Chelsea missing out on the Champions League.

Oh wait.

That's more or less the opposite of 'only needing to draw'...

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ah man, reading this thread just reminds me of the bunch of bottlers we have playing for us, even the FA Cup final but VAR saved our arses. 

We have zero hope in these high pressure games. 

Most of the severe bottling was under Brendan's watch. Lets hope that now The Poison Dwarf has gone that things may be different!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Most of the severe bottling was under Brendan's watch. Lets hope that now The Poison Dwarf has gone that things may be different!! 

Now, now. It's not right or fair to call Brendan Rodgers the poison dwarf.

The poison dwarf was Dennis Wise.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
On 04/05/2023 at 13:36, ealingfox said:

We've won 1 (ONE) of our last 13 games. It doesn't matter who anyone is playing. We've played 2 of the bottom 4 teams in our last 2 games and we couldn't beat either of them.

We're praying that 32 or 33 points is enough now and chances are it won't be.

Christ, is that right?!

1 win in 13 games!

How fookin bad have we been! I’ve not been counting, but if that’s the case, that’s shocking 

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Any idea who, if anyone is going to get the rights in Australia 

Dont think its been announced yet.... but IPTV is my planned go to :)

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Dont think its been announced yet.... but IPTV is my planned go to :)

What you really want to say is - don’t think it’s announced yet….but I can’t wait to find out how to watch it legally. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

ahhh bugger, well, we better stay up in that case :)

We're probably going down next season anyway even if we do stay up this season so I wouldnt worry.

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

We're probably going down next season anyway even if we do stay up this season so I wouldnt worry.

Nah every year we pull off a great escape, followed by appointing a new manager, we win the league the following season.

On 05/05/2023 at 05:47, Dan LCFC said:

I could totally foresee a scenario where we needed to draw with West Ham to survive, they had nothing to play for, rested Rice, Antonio, Benrahma, Bowen etc... as they have the conference league final coming up - and they still beat us.

Am I right in think Spurs had nothing to play for when they beat us 2-4?

22 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Am I right in think Spurs had nothing to play for when they beat us 2-4?

11 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

If there was something important in stake for them it would have been 4-1 to us. It's Spurs. 

They won to qualify for conference league (at the expense of arsenal )

they were between a rock and a hard place for their fans as losing to us would have meant Chelsea missing out on CL and arsenal finishing above them (making conference league ) 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

And they went on to win the Conference League next season.

Oh wait. 😜

They may well have done but they got eliminated at the group stage by Rennes because they cancelled their final game due to a covid outbreak 

that’s super duper spursy to eliminate yourselves from a competition you’re favourites to win! 

• Haha 2