Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We’re a Soyuncu and Iversen away from being a mid table (at worst) side. This is why I’m struggling with the ‘we deserve to go down’ comments

We deserve to go down because we should’ve got rid of Rodgers back when Covid was still around, or at any point last or this season. So I can get on board with that

But to make out our squad isn’t good enough for the PL should we finish bottom 3 is rubbish. We are where we are because of one persons stubborness alone. 

Bang on. 

25 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We’re a Soyuncu and Iversen away from being a mid table (at worst) side. This is why I’m struggling with the ‘we deserve to go down’ comments

We deserve to go down because we should’ve got rid of Rodgers back when Covid was still around, or at any point last or this season. So I can get on board with that

But to make out our squad isn’t good enough for the PL should we finish bottom 3 is rubbish. We are where we are because of one persons stubborness alone. 

100%!

I think 4 points from our last 4 games and also with our better goal difference will be enough to see us ok.

4 points isn't impossible to achieve.  However, we have backed ourself into a corner where we probably now have to win an away game. 

I think there is something in the game for us today if we apply ourselves accordingly.

If we were to win and Everton and Forest lose, that's a huge mountain for those to climb.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Don't know how mant studies there have been, or if there's any merit to this one at all, but it definitely feels like relegation threatened teams perform better during the run in to me.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.org/2018/04/do-relegation-threatened-teams-perform-better-or-worse-at-the-end-of-a-premier-league-season/

Last season only 1 of the bottom 7, won more then 1 game in the last 5 games.

It unlikely that 2 of Everton, Leeds and Forest will win 2 from 4.

Possible but unlikely.

I reckon 1 team from the 4 will be safe by the final game and it will 2 from 3 still it in. I would say one of the 4 will be down but I cant see all 3 of the other teams getting 4 points in the next 3 games.

Assuming Southampton are out of the equation of course

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Yeah but this is the business end of the season - teams like us Leeds, Forest and Everton all have something riding on the last few games, a lot of other teams don't really have anything to play for so form will go out of the window.

I think Forest could easily get at least 4 points looking at their games, Everton could get 2 wins, most likely from their last 2 games. 

Same applies to us regarding Fulham and West Ham.

I don't think any team is going to find it easy.

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And the boards decision to not invest in the summer. You can’t do that at this level, I don’t know what Top was thinking…. If this is what the board decided to do, then they should have parted ways with Rodgers at the start of the season, because it was never, ever going to work was it? He lost all interest in the project, and now we’ve got a squad of players that probably don’t want to be here anymore. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And the boards decision to not invest in the summer. You can’t do that at this level, I don’t know what Top was thinking…. If this is what the board decided to do, then they should have parted ways with Rodgers at the start of the season, because it was never, ever going to work was it? He lost all interest in the project, and now we’ve got a squad of players that probably don’t want to be here anymore. 

That as well, possibly. But ultimately we didn’t have the money, and the blame for that lays at Rodgers’ door (and Congerton’s)  buying players who we were unable to sell on at profit. (Fofana was used to balance the books) 

All that reminds me of though is of me saying that it would’ve been cheaper to replace the manager rather than an overhaul of players after the Forest FA Cup debacle 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Same applies to us regarding Fulham and West Ham.

I don't think any team is going to find it easy.

It's not going to be easy but one of more of those teams included us has to, and history tells us someone will do, step up and pull some results out the bag.

Fingers crossed we do.

Just now, Corky said:

Will almost be a relief when this is confirmed. Just delaying the inevitable here.

I hate having that very tiny little bit of hope

Although today will probably end that anyway with how it is going

I don’t envy the rebuild in the summer. I don’t think it’s actually possible! There’s far too much for us to do, and far too many players going probably not enough cash coming in….. there’s a lot of questions that need answering. This is probably the lost precarious this club has ever been. 

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its happening now and the worst part of it is King Power will be overseeing the rebuild with Brendan Lite. The exact reason we are in this mess. 

We're in this mess coz the players are shite and don't give a fcuk

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t envy the rebuild in the summer. I don’t think it’s actually possible! There’s far too much for us to do, and far too many players going probably not enough cash coming in….. there’s a lot of questions that need answering. This is probably the lost precarious this club has ever been. 

We aren't putting a decent Premier League team together if we stay up. There are no positives coming.

1 minute ago, trooky said:

We're in this mess coz the players are shite and don't give a fcuk

Do you trust Rudkin and Russell Martin to recruit the type of player we need to get us back up? Absolutely not.