Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, blue army 1988 said:

Any season ticket holders annoyed that the price is staying the exact same, even though we (potentially) have been relegated?

More games though!

And to be fair weren't prices frozen when we got promoted too?

• Like 1

Guest binic16

I thought Smiths tactics today were very poor, no holding midfielder  with our very poor defence. And then watching Everton fighting for every ball and our bunch of over paid players? Walking around  the pitch,I am lost for words.Time we put players on the pitch who want to play for us.Bodgers and the hierarchy  have a lot to answer for.

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Do you trust Rudkin and Russell Martin to recruit the type of player we need to get us back up? Absolutely not. 

Don't know much about Martin, but I wouldn't trust Rudkin to get ius out of the championship.

Rudkin should be sacked at the end of the season during the postmortem of this year's debacle. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trooky said:

Don't know much about Martin, but I wouldn't trust Rudkin to get ius out of the championship.

Rudkin should be sacked at the end of the season during the postmortem of this year's debacle. 

Absolutely. He must take most of the responsibility of the failure 

Just listening to mark Robbins at cov.

Their success reminds me that you can't get anywhere unless you have  the right manager.

Top let rodgers have too  long.  He was no longer the right guy

.... it was clear.... our if ideas.

Massive rebuilding required now.  He needs to bring the right guy in for the summer...

So if I was him  I would line someone up for the championship and someone for the prem.

Time to have plans in place for either eventuality.

What a mess 

4 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

For that to happen Southampton need to beat Forest tonight.

That’s  our only hope, Southampton win tonight, then lose all their remaining games along with Leeds and Notts Forest.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Any season ticket holders annoyed that the price is staying the exact same, even though we (potentially) have been relegated?

No, because I'm not renewing regardless 

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

That’s  our only hope, Southampton win tonight, then lose all their remaining games along with Leeds and Notts Forest.

Correct, unless anybody thinks we somehow get a draw in one of our last 3 games in which case any of those clubs we can also afford to draw one game.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Leeds lost to Man City and we lost today, what's your point 

I've already questioned that exact combination but have been told confidence boosters from rivals losing a match expire within 24hrs, so we were never eligible

• Haha 1

There's a part of me that weirdly  wants us to go down because we're so spineless and are showing no fight at all, unless the last few matches has some miraculous change in attitude i think we deserve to go down compared to the fight and passion other clubs have shown around us...even in defeat.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

There's a part of me that weirdly  wants us to go down because we're so spineless and are showing no fight at all, unless the last few matches has some miraculous change in attitude i think we deserve to go down compared to the fight and passion other clubs have shown around us...even in defeat.

If we go down, how long til the "should never have sacked Rodgers" articles appear in the media? lol

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

I really think this other teams fight argument isn't correct. Leeds have just sacked an interim manager because they were being thrashed most weeks, Everton hadn't won in 10 games before tonight, Forest have managed six points away.

Two terrible teams are surviving this year. All five could deserve to go for me, especially if 32/33 is enough to finish 17th.

• Like 2

I'm sure we all expect Forest to get something tonight, which makes it look unlikely we'll stay up with the fixtures to come. But there is always hope, and as poor as we look, stranger things have happened. As a club we know that better than any other. I'd rather not confine the club to the championship until it's mathematically impossible for us to stay up. Need to get behind them for 2 massive, winnable, home games. Newcastle away is a free hit. 

• Like 2

Rodgers' sacking came way too late for the players to recover their confidence. Blame them if it makes you feel better, but the indecisiveness of the clique supposedly running the club has cost the team and fans dearly.

The players can move on, and the significant players will do so.

I suspect Smith was taken on because no self-respecting manager would risk his rep. on a turn of a card cause. After nearly a decade of success we're in dire danger of becoming the Leicester City of yore - another yo-yo club.

If Top loses interest and sells the club on then the immense work that Vichai put into making City a name to be admired throughout football is irrevocably lost or in the hands of luck. This never needed to happen. Whatever selection committee chose Rodgers was unable to see past the bullshit reputation, the superficiality of the man, to see the egotist at work. Damn both parties - the naïve board and the chancer manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1