Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 minutes ago, srex9 said:

I'm sure we all expect Forest to get something tonight, which makes it look unlikely we'll stay up with the fixtures to come. But there is always hope, and as poor as we look, stranger things have happened. As a club we know that better than any other. I'd rather not confine the club to the championship until it's mathematically impossible for us to stay up. Need to get behind them for 2 massive, winnable, home games. Newcastle away is a free hit. 

Don’t do it to yourself embrace the inevitable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Don’t do it to yourself embrace the inevitable 

I don't feel that mindset will help the team at all. I know we'll obviously be behind them on the day but I'll embrace it if/when it happens 

Guest bennytwohats
9 minutes ago, srex9 said:

I'm sure we all expect Forest to get something tonight, which makes it look unlikely we'll stay up with the fixtures to come. But there is always hope, and as poor as we look, stranger things have happened. As a club we know that better than any other. I'd rather not confine the club to the championship until it's mathematically impossible for us to stay up. Need to get behind them for 2 massive, winnable, home games. Newcastle away is a free hit. 

Admirable positivity. For me there comes a point when you watch all these 'must win' games pass you by without winning where you have to accept what's happening for your own mental wellbeing.

We couldn’t keep relying on other results for the rest of the season and now it’s going to come back and bite us. After the wolves game I thought we would be ok. Drawing at Leeds and other team not doing great is a hard one because we should have won but also couldn’t afford to lose so you take a point and try and go again. I think the penalty miss against Everton has done us more than anything , that goes in we would have probably got 1 or 2 more while they cashed the game and evertons confidence would have been gone and probably would be a different outcome today for them. They get a point from us instead of possibly being 3-1 down and game over and probably knocks ours a bit more to knowing we could have put that game to bed. Left it to late in the season to really change anything when we have looked so bad for so long. If/ when we go down we need to get straight back up some how or it could be a long wait to see prem football again for us. 

14 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Today was our last chance to gain and advantage. We’ve blown it. It’s out of our hands now, we’ve got to rely on Forest and Leeds going on worse runs than us. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Corky said:

I really think this other teams fight argument isn't correct. Leeds have just sacked an interim manager because they were being thrashed most weeks, Everton hadn't won in 10 games before tonight, Forest have managed six points away.

Two terrible teams are surviving this year. All five could deserve to go for me, especially if 32/33 is enough to finish 17th.

Like I said fight even in defeat.  I don't see any passion from our players.  Maybe I'm being over critical??

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I suppose you didn't know anyone who died from it, or anyone in the NHS almost having a breakdown from what they seen. It's insulting that people still talk about it like this. More important things in life than football and the cash KP brings in. But anyways there's a thread for this. 

True, everyone had it, but I don't know anyone that died or even got really sick from it. Sorry if it happened to people close to you.

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Like I said fight even in defeat.  I don't see any passion from our players.  Maybe I'm being over critical??

You are correct with us but probably overplaying what other teams do. Four of the bottom five fanbases have been extremely critical of their players, management and boards. This is definitely a slightly less shit than great escape for whoever does it.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

You are correct with us but probably overplaying what other teams do. Four of the bottom five fanbases have been extremely critical of their players, management and boards. This is definitely a slightly less shit than great escape for whoever does it.

True , we're all probably saying the exact same things about each other's teams.

Guest Col city fan
42 minutes ago, srex9 said:

I don't feel that mindset will help the team at all. I know we'll obviously be behind them on the day but I'll embrace it if/when it happens 

What ‘mindset’ is going to help the team?

Try telling our 3,000 fans who made the journey today to be positive. 
These players look like they don’t give a monkeys and some have their heads elsewhere already.

The fans can only do so much. The players have to want it too. Just look at Everton today.

Edited by Col city fan

Even if we somehow got to the West Ham game with it in our own hands, do you think we have what it takes to win and stay up?

I really question it.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Even if we somehow got to the West Ham game with it in our own hands, do you think we have what it takes to win and stay up?

I really question it.

No, I don't. 

Too mentally brittle and error-prone.

I remember being called a melt on here last week for saying we’ve blown our best chance because apparently Everton were not going to pick up points again this season. 

We’ve utterly blown it. 

Edited by Dames

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I really question it.

Nothing to question. If it came down to this scenario we’d be down. It would be a performance worse than todays.

Just now, Dames said:

Nothing to question. If it came down to this scenario we’d be down. It would be a performance worse than todays.

Yep. Would make Spurs at home in 2021 look like Etihad 2016. We'd fold like deckchairs.

• Like 1