Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

13 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well i think we can pretty much rule Everton out of finishing in the bottom 3.  They will beat Bournemouth at home last game, and that will give them 35 points, which will be enough. They will probably takes something from Wolves too.

So it`s now going to be three from four. Notts Forest play their trump card tonight, win and they might already have enough, but will probably need a point at Palace last game, which wont be a forgone conclusion. If they lose to Southampton, it brings Southampton back into contention.

Sadly i dont think this going to end well for us though either way.

For me as a fan, it wont be so much that we have been relegated that will be the biggest disappointment, it will be the feeling of being let down, by those running the club, for their ineptitude, and for thinking they could get away with standing still in the premier league for a season, and for not making decisive decisions that were obvious to everyone else but themselves, and for blowing arguably the best chance the club has had, for it to become a consistent top 10 club in the top flight, over many years to come.

I feel let down by the players too, who for many it seems, simply dont care, because some know they wont be here next season, and others have no intention of being here next season, and that is how they have played for the most part, especially since we started up again after the world cup.

Worse still is, as the last few weeks have gone on, the more some of those players have seemed to have their head into next season, and where they will move too, rather than keeping their focus and head in this season until its ended.

Finally i feel let down by Rodgers, who set the tone from day one of pre season for this shambles of a season, with his throwing his toys out of the pram negativity, with his constant bad mouthing of players he was picking and going to have to pick at some point, suggesting in public that they wasnt good enough.

For his blaming the fans for our shite debacle at Brighton, suggesting we were making the players nervous.

For only making one sub in the opening game with Brentford, on a scorching hot day, while Brentford made 5 early ones and got a draw, and could have ended up winning.

For his stubborn reluctance to give Iverson a chance pre world cup, after the Tottenham or Brighton drubbings, so we could bring in a keeper in january if we felt he wasnt up to it.

For his ridiculous decision, to not put personal differences aside, and play Soyuncu when he should have.

So, if/when we are relegated, it wont be so much disappointment i will feel, it will be an anger and a feeling that the whole club from board, managers and players have let me, and the rest of our fans down!

I doubt if they will, but i hope they will feel rightfully ashamed!

100% agree. Having players like tielemans as captain, when he has no intention of staying at the club and has made it clear for about 18 months. What does that breed into a team and these players? These players don't care, maddison, tielemans will just waltz out of our club at the end of the season to take on a nice big contract elsewhere. It's us as fans that care about the club, pay money to travel to games etc that will be hurt, upset angry and will have to go through the ups and downs again of a rebuild, when 2 seasons ago we could have really been establishing ourselves as a team challenging the top 6 on a regular basis.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HUNTA84 said:

100% agree. Having players like tielemans as captain, when he has no intention of staying at the club and has made it clear for about 18 months.

See I disagree with this - captain isn't about how long they'll be here for, it's about making sure when they are there they're setting the example on the pitch and on the training ground. He may not be the most mobile, but you always see Tielemans giving his all to be up and down the pitch. 

Every section should have a leader, we had stacks a few years back. Kasper, Morgan, Fuchs etc, all our leadership squad were experienced pros, with a few of the younger talents brought with them. Since those experienced pros have left and not been replaced has really coincided with our slide down the table. 

44 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

think after todays results(suspect Forest will win too) it will knock the stuffing out mentally, 

be surprised if we even manage a point in the last 3 games now

Yeah it's going to be really sad to see our squad lose their mental fortitude 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

See I disagree with this - captain isn't about how long they'll be here for, it's about making sure when they are there they're setting the example on the pitch and on the training ground. He may not be the most mobile, but you always see Tielemans giving his all to be up and down the pitch. 

Every section should have a leader, we had stacks a few years back. Kasper, Morgan, Fuchs etc, all our leadership squad were experienced pros, with a few of the younger talents brought with them. Since those experienced pros have left and not been replaced has really coincided with our slide down the table. 

Not If you have no real desire to be at the club, it's doubtful that you'll be equally committed. While you may claim to maintain professionalism, ultimately it's human nature to have one eye on your future.  That's the whole issue. You can feel that most of the squad do not want to be there.

Edited by pazzerfox
  • Like 1

Going into the last 3 we should just be preparing now. Try and build back some trust, affection for the team. Similar to when went down under Bassett/Micky first time around. Maddison, Barnes, Kel, - probably best to protect them/ensure they get their moves. They’ll add nothing to the last 3 but may get us £60/70m in the summer. Make sure they don’t get injured. 

Get whichever ones from the youth team we want next year into the first team. 

Drop bloody Tielemans as captain. 

We are losing the next 3 but if it’s a team the fans can appreciate are trying, the end of season walk around might not be as bad as it’s going to be. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Every section should have a leader, we had stacks a few years back. Kasper, Morgan, Fuchs etc, all our leadership squad were experienced pros, with a few of the younger talents brought with them. Since those experienced pros have left and not been replaced has really coincided with our slide down the 

We all see things differently and its good to have a difference of perspective, but having someone like Kasper and growing up watching players like walsh, elliot, roy keane, patrick viera who inject passion, would be rallying the team and certainly wouldn't settle for less than 110%. I'm not saying you have to be like those above to be a leader/captain, but I do think that is what this team is currently missing on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, String fellow said:

What's the opposite of Gary Lineker stripping down to his underpants to present the last MotD of the season?

Can't believe this was an ad on my phone below your post and not a reply off Ric Flair

Screenshot_20230508-205239.png

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Dames said:

I remember being called a melt on here last week for saying we’ve blown our best chance because apparently Everton were not going to pick up points again this season. 

We’ve utterly blown it. 

Oh and you called that Everton result today did you Einstein?

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not happening, genuinely no chance. I’ll be happy to come back with egg on my face but this lot are already down. 

You're right of course.

We lose all three from here. A draw at best against West Ham when we're already gone.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How he’s still in a job is beyond me. 

The owner has 100% trust in him 

given what goes on in professional football with massive fees and contracts being banded around, that’s considered as important as ability to some owners 

So many of these players are just doing the equivalent of working their notice period. Just a few more weeks in the job to get through, and then they're off to new pastures - just need to give it the semblance of showing up for a few more weeks, then it's done.

They don't really care about the outcome, as they're gone one way or another. Soyuncu is off to Madrid, Tielemans, Maddison - probably a fair few others too. They don't give a shit about whether we go up or stay down other than it being a blot on their CVs. 

Probably get bigger signing on bonuses when we're not able to command big fees for them anymore. 

• Like 4